Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
    Now, see, you got me all confused. You have to wink back at me if I'm going to read your mind properly. (See, like that. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it once you practice. <grin>
    Whoops. Sorry about that. I thought I had added a to my last post. I'll go back and edit it.

EDIT: Okay, I've actually re-read that entire post and that wasn't even the one I had intended to post in the first place. I was actually going to makes some changes to it before I posted it properly but must have confused myself and posted it before I could make them. Sorry. My bad.
    Last edited by Alan; 23 October 2007, 02:46 PM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
      I know you were joking. Your was a bit of a give away.

But I agree with you...some right pudding out there seems determined to keep this mini-movie out of sight.
      It was my understanding that the original footage had been destroyed and that any copies that are still around 'got away'. I'm sure it will not be released. Sorry to disappoint.

Kay aka Mumsey
      For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
        It was my understanding that the original footage had been destroyed and that any copies that are still around 'got away'. I'm sure it will not be released. Sorry to disappoint.

Kay aka Mumsey
        I hope your wrong about that Kay. Someone out there must have made a recording of it.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          It kinda reminds me of a lot of 'reviews' over the years about the show. you could tell a person's politics from how they read. during s6, the daniel fans bashed the crap out of the show, during s7 they loved and vetted it and it was very obvious what their real preferences were.
          One thing we learned in history class; as well as looking at what a person says/writes, look at why they're saying/writing it.

If, for example, you're reading a biography (or historical novel) written by someone who loathes their subject, then don't automatically take the bad reports as fact. If they clearly adore their subject, remember that he or she may not have been quite as perfect and wonderful as the biography would indicate.

If, in the cases you mentioned, only the presence of Daniel could make the show worthwhile for the reviewers, then it would be foolish to use their opinions as a guide unless you happen to share their sentiments.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
            My photos from Armageddon are up

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t...geddon%202007/

I want to hug Chris again.
            Great pics!

Wow Fred sure gets around, quite the sociable fellow isn't he

So spill!!! How did he get onstage???????
            -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
              Great pics!

Wow Fred sure gets around, quite the sociable fellow isn't he

So spill!!! How did he get onstage???????

Fred wanted to be in all the photos so I climbed up on stage before each guest and put him on the sofa

The organisor kinda knows us from previous Wellington Armageddons, so when he heard it was ours he just rolled his eyes.
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                Fred wanted to be in all the photos so I climbed up on stage before each guest and put him on the sofa

The organisor kinda knows us from previous Wellington Armageddons, so when he heard it was ours he just rolled his eyes.
                So the pair of you are famous or is that infamous?
                -

Comment

is that the one that turned my story about sam being depressed post 100 days into a bash of the character?
                  Yep!

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                    I've seen the video too and would very much like to see the movie. I just don't think anyone has figured out how we can all get our grubby little mitts on it. I'm telling you, it's a vast conspiracy designed to keep us all on the edge of going nuts, crazy, WACKO!
                    Where the heck are Mulder and Scully when you need them?!

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                    I hope your wrong about that Kay. Someone out there must have made a recording of it.
                    We know it's out there somewhere. There are a few lucky souls with DVD's. Now, the rest of us have to put our creative little heads together and link our grubby mitts in a "hands across the elevator" event. One way or another, we MUST get this movie!
                    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                    Anon

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post

Kay aka Mumsey
                      Umm...Regarding Stuck....I have heard through the grapevine that it isn't destroyed but they are currently attempting to get distribution/broadcasting licensing on it so not available as of yet for mass market.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                        One thing we learned in history class; as well as looking at what a person says/writes, look at why they're saying/writing it.

If, for example, you're reading a biography (or historical novel) written by someone who loathes their subject, then don't automatically take the bad reports as fact. If they clearly adore their subject, remember that he or she may not have been quite as perfect and wonderful as the biography would indicate.

If, in the cases you mentioned, only the presence of Daniel could make the show worthwhile for the reviewers, then it would be foolish to use their opinions as a guide unless you happen to share their sentiments.
                        and, if you're reviewing, you need to admit your predjudices. Not apologize for them, not glorify them, just put them out there and let people know where you stand.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

here's a question, given all the new US tv shows, which ones do you think sam watches and why?

which ones does she enjoy? which ones are guilty pleasures? which ones can she just not stand?
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

here's a question, given all the new US tv shows, which ones do you think sam watches and why?

which ones does she enjoy? which ones are guilty pleasures? which ones can she just not stand?
                            Well, I would answer those questions, but the only show I watch is SG...

Comment

I would answer that, but I know I would project

Her guilty pleasure is Private Practice, because she can't get over how
                              Spoiler:
                              Naomi can down an entire chocolate cake a day. Sure, Sam has done that once but she was a teenager and she was stoned. Also, she is wondering why Addi is suddenly even whinier than Meridith.

ETA

Meridith Grey that is, not Mckay.
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Big Bang Theory is her new favorite show She actually understands ALL of the dialogue.
                                Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                                William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                                Anon

Comment

Working...
                                X