• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
    No.
    Ok, so
    Spoiler:
    we don't see it, but she has one? And if so, do we at least get to see her reaction to it?

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
      Ok, so
      Spoiler:
      we don't see it, but she has one? And if so, do we at least get to see her reaction to it?
      Um. No. But I've only seen it once and I could be forgetting something.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
        Um. No. But I've only seen it once and I could be forgetting something.
        Ah...well...I'm still excited!

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
          Jewel answers the question: Why does she call Amanda Tapping "The Tappinator" (on her myspace blog: Jewel's MySpace Blog let me know if you can't see it I can't remember if Jewel's myspace is "private" or "public" but I'm on her friend's list so I can see it. Warning for all who don't like swearing Jewel swears...you have been warned).

SQUEEE!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA I Love Jewel!

*returns to finish reading Jewel's blog
          isn't she great????

and 'diva' is the LAST word i'd come up with to describe AT. Avid maybe, as in Avid actor...but not diva

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
          Ok, so
          Spoiler:

to the best of my knowledge, re doppel

Spoiler:
          sam was never possessed, thus she never dreamed

which worked for me cause...dude, we already know Sam's nightmares. We don't need to see hers. We needed to see the other folks'
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post

ReganX congrats on 7500 posts!
            What Ann said.

Congratulations!

suse
            sigpic
            Mourning Sanctuary.
            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              isn't she great????

and 'diva' is the LAST word i'd come up with to describe AT. Avid maybe, as in Avid actor...but not diva
              As I said, I love Jewel. She totally cracks me up. I love that she and Amanda get on so well.
              sigpic
              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

they seem to have similar personalities. fun and outgoing
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

they seem to have similar personalities. fun and outgoing
                  Makes me want to watch my Firefly DVDs I bought then handed over to my bro-in-law. Gotta get 'em back.

So Amanda won another award. How surprising. NOT!

Jewel does seem to have a great sense of humor. Hope she and Amanda have the chance to work together on SGA S5. And Sanctuary.

suse
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.
                  Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                    What Ann said.

Congratulations!

suse
                    What suse said Ann said!!

7500!!!

Wow! Congrats.

Aaaaaannnnndddd....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AD!
                    Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                    Quint Studer

Comment

Jewel answers the question: Why does she call Amanda Tapping "The Tappinator" (on her myspace blog: Jewel's MySpace Blog let me know if you can't see it I can't remember if Jewel's myspace is "private" or "public" but I'm on her friend's list so I can see it. Warning for all who don't like swearing Jewel swears...you have been warned).

Why do I call Amanda Tapping "the Tappinator?" Someone also asked "Do you actually call her that to her FACE???" Why not? Are you guys under some sort of illusion that Amanda's this scary bad-ass diva or something? Hate to break the fourth wall here, but she's pretty much the opposite. She's sweet, funny, self-deprecating, and lovely. She's the Tappinator. And a total spottie. (space hottie)

That's really nice from Jewel

Comment

Doppelganger stills from MGM:

Spoiler:

Comment

Hi everyone

I'm allowed online for very short periods as of today My niece has occasionally read some posts of Samanda to me to stop me getting bored. I started seeing colours with my right eye on Wednesday and vague shapes yesterday so hopefully things are going well. I am NOT enjoying the sleeping face down bit AT ALL.

I tried watching Reunion yesterday but it was a no go as my left eye is really sore and had to make do with listening to it, I can't wait till I can see it properly. Actually, I'm really getting bored now and I'm going through my audio books at a rate of knots!! I've got a tape deck and my laptop setup on the floor at the base of my bed so I can hang over the side and use them and keep my head down but Mum refuses to let me hook the laptop up to the internet - I think she doesn't trust me I'm probably going to start a S1 to S8 Stargate marathon on the weekend listening to the commentaries. Yup, I'm bored!!

Hopefully at my checkup at the hospital on Tuesday they'll let me be more mobile but I have to be really careful with no bumps or straining for a while to make sure that the retina reattaches itself properly, apparently by the time that they operated it had totally detached.

Thanks for all the well wishes, they were really helpful as I was extremely worried about being awake for the operations. However it wasn't too bad and the stuff they give you to relax is really incredible!!!!

My niece is coming over for dinner tonight so I may be able to impose on her to read some more of GW to me
                          -

Comment

Wishing you a good recovery, RoX! Hang in there

(I'm taking my leave of GW for a while - hope to be back later, but we'll see. Cheerio )

(ETA, looking forward to the fics on the Women of the Gates LJ soon)
                            Last edited by scarimor; 19 October 2007, 12:59 AM.
                            scarimor

Comment

On the subject of Sam's age and experiences and all that, there's a really good timeline and explanation quoted here (as well as other meta discussion on Sam by the LJ's author) by a guy called Codger, who has knowledge on how the Air Force actually works and did some good research. He's based his timeline for Carter on a real-life Air Force Officer, Brigadier General Wilfred L. Goodson who's basically the rl version of Sam Carter lol...
                              Goodson graduated from the Air Force Academy in 1960 with a bachelor of science degree in basic sciences and engineering sciences. He then began service with a year of pilot training, a year of gunnery school (advanced fighter training), then 1 1/2 years as a fighter pilot. Then he was selected as an Olmstead Scholar and went to the Defense Language School to learn German in February 1964. In September 1964 he transferred to Germany and entered the University of Heidelberg where he received his doctorate in theoretical astrophysics in 1966. So in fact, in real life, HE COMPLETED the program I listed for Sam in TWO YEARS, whereas I gave Sam three years to finish her doctorate in theoretical astrophysics at the same school.

In January 1967, as a Captain, he transferred to Vietnam and flew 128 combat missions in F-100 Fighter-Bombers. In January 1968 he was assigned to Air Force headquarters, where he served as an operations research scientist in the Office of the Assistant Chief of Staff for Studies and Analysis. (This is the same job I list for Sam after she gets her PhD, during the time she was at the Pentagon helping figure out the Stargate.) After four years there as a scientist, he went on to spend eleven more years in operational assignments as a fighter pilot. In September 1983, as a Brigadier General, he came back to take charge of the same science office, this time as the actual Assistant Chief of Staff for Studies and Analysis. He retired from the Air Force in 1985. His biography is here: http://www.af.mil/bios/bio.asp?bioID=5582
                              He also whipped up a quick bio for Carter (and other SG characters) that you can find on his photobucket account. Pretty cool stuff.

Comment

Yay!! Thanks for that Sunny!! Jewel is awesome but Amanda...I so love her...she's the bees knees!!! Yay!!
                                isn't she great????
                                to the best of my knowledge, re doppel
                                Spoiler:
                                sam was never possessed, thus she never dreamed

which worked for me cause...dude, we already know Sam's nightmares. We don't need to see hers. We needed to see the other folks'
                                Can I just ask a little something?? Is your interpretation of a diva different from mine?? The way I see it is that diva has two meanings...
                                1. diva as in awesome and super fantastic
                                2. thinks highly of ones self
                                Re Doppelganger...I'm hoping to see it soon but it's not on the top of my list of must see eps of season 4...but I've heard a lot about it and look forward to the spoilers!!!
                                Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                                Hi everyone
                                I'm allowed online for very short periods as of today My niece has occasionally read some posts of Samanda to me to stop me getting bored. I started seeing colours with my right eye on Wednesday and vague shapes yesterday so hopefully things are going well. I am NOT enjoying the sleeping face down bit AT ALL.
                                My niece is coming over for dinner tonight so I may be able to impose on her to read some more of GW to me
                                (((RoX))) (((RoX's niece)))...here's hoping your recovery goes well and quickly too!! I'll be thinking of you!!
                                Hats off to your niece...what a champ to help out her auntie like that!!
                                Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                                (I'm taking my leave of GW for a while - hope to be back later, but we'll see. Cheerio )
                                (ETA, looking forward to the fics on the Women of the Gates LJ soon)
                                (((scari)))....don't disappear for too long scari...we'll miss you!!
                                Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                                On the subject of Sam's age and experiences and all that, there's a really good timeline and explanation quoted here (as well as other meta discussion on Sam by the LJ's author) by a guy called Codger, who has knowledge on how the Air Force actually works and did some good research. He's based his timeline for Carter on a real-life Air Force Officer, Brigadier General Wilfred L. Goodson who's basically the rl version of Sam Carter lol...
                                He also whipped up a quick bio for Carter (and other SG characters) that you can find on his photobucket account. Pretty cool stuff.
                                Oh wow!! Thanks AD...I'll be sure to bookmark it for later!!! yay!!

Night guys...enjoy the next new episode and don't forget to spoil us!!!
                                Take care, be safe, have fun and hug your loved ones!!
                                (((Samanda)))
                                Last edited by Chelle DB; 19 October 2007, 02:46 AM.
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X