No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see that Joe Mallozzi was answering questions today, and I found a couple of his answers about season 9 interesting. They're on page 54 of that thread.

Spoiler space

First in post #1071
    1. What episode does Carter return?

She'll return in Beach Head.

Will Vala be gone by the time Carter returns? I think it would be interesting to see some Vala/Carter interaction.

Nope. Vala will appear in Beach Head as well.

Then in the next post:

Originally Posted by Olli
    Dear Mr. Malozzi

I'm glad to hear that Carmen Argenziano as Jacob Carter probably will come back to the show. If he come back I think the comeback of Teryl Rothery will be more likely?
    If you bring back all death characters gradually, the return of Teryl is inevitable, or not?

Best wishes for the show!

Just last week we were discussing a story that (if everything falls into place) might see the possible temporary return of a dearly departed character.

He also says in a later post that Beach Head has already been shot, so maybe we'll be getting some spoiler pictures soon of Sam back in action.

NC

Comment

Hmm, Im really starting to think my sense of humour is alot more warped than most on here. It's starting to give me a bit of a complex. Oh well at least I amuse myself with my captions and posts.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        Hmm, Im really starting to think my sense of humour is alot more warped than most on here. It's starting to give me a bit of a complex. Oh well at least I amuse myself with my captions and posts.
        I hate to break it to you, but by definition, if you are an AT fan, your sense of humor is warped because she has a great...yet warped sense o' humor...

So you fit in just fine!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          Yes, you are probably right. Amanda's life is changing, personally and possibly professionally. The fact that she, herself, has kept a very low profile even after birth of Olivia seems to show this. And I do know that she is loved by the crew and cast members (originals) so it is yet to be seen what her future plans will hold beyond S9. If she manages to juggle it all, Coley suggested that she may find it good to have a gig in her hometown and won't have to travel about, staying close to hearth and home and Olivia. So, perhaps, she will be staying on. All pure conjecture ...

Astro mentioned to me that she thought the male leads (MS, CJ, and BB) are being written as "heroic" and that's what I'm probably wanting to see happen to Sam. No matter AT's reduced schedule on the set, I'm just hoping that the writers treat her well and enlarge the image of Carter rather than shrink it. Again, I don't mean necessarily more time onscreen, it's not the quantity that counts here ... it's the quality.

If it is, indeed, her last season, let the gal leave on a positive note and let the boys be boys in future seasons. If the franchise goes on without her, I really won't care at that point ... Sam Carter is the heart of the show; without her, I won't be watching.

I will be watching and supporting whatever AT chooses to do afterwards, and, of course, there may be a hiatus while family comes first. Either way - working actor or stay-at-home caretaker, she's going to be a wonderful momma!

I agree wholeheartedly with your comments, ChopinGal!

I am not expecting Sam to be front and center in every episode when she returns (although, okay, admittedly I wouldn't mind it a bit, but it wouldn't be fair to other fanbases!!). But, yes, I agree that quality over qauntity is the key. When you think about it, Sam was not in alot of Death Knell in terms of minutes on screen, but when she was, she was central to the show and her character was shown as strong and resourceful. It is considered a "Sam" episode by many even though her actual screen time was not huge. Sam should be written with this strong and competent "presence", that we so dearly love , in the episodes she is in, even if she doesn't have alot of screen time. And then hopefully there will be several episodes in season 9 where she could be more central in quality and quantity as well. (Heck, they were able to have serveral heavy RDA episodes in season 8, and his time was far more limited than AT's is now).

I think it is difficult to tell what AT will do in terms of juggling motherhood and career in the future. At least RCC states that things are going well and they are delighted to have AT (and Olivia ) back on the set. I liked hearing that. I just have this feeling that they are doing everything they can to make it as easy as possible for her to remain on the show. It seems that there is alot of waiting around as an actor, and because AT can bring Olivia to work, that really helps the situation.

I know for me, I love being a mother, but I love being a professor too. I like having both identities, as well as chocolate lover identity and other identities. I slowed down at work when my daughter was really little (and I still slow down compared to some others), and she and my family are my first priority, but I really like my profession as well and enjoy it. Only time will tell how AT deals with this delicate balance, and what will be right for her.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            Okay! HERE IT IS!!! My 1,100th post!!!

Here's another fabulous AT pic that's just screaming for a caption:

Not sure if it's funnier to you, but I had quite the chuckle...

Mmmmm missed a bit of strawberry icecream

Loved these pics of Amanda and just reinforces the wish from me to see Amanda in her own comedy show!
            ......TARA......

Comment

found these two - guess the ep and/or caption:
              http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s8/8...ANT%5F072.html

and:
              http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s8/8...ANT%5F084.html

enjoy!
              Royal Page of Samanda
              "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
                Hmmm, guess the episode is kinda easy - its in the filename! (Covenant)

Pic 1:

Sam: Damm, banned from my lab for a whole week... what am I supposed to do now?

Pic 2:

Jack: Teal'c, 10 bucks if you can throw a paperball in her mouth.

Great screenies!

Comment

Okay! HERE IT IS!!! My 1,100th post!!!

Here's another fabulous AT pic that's just screaming for a caption:

"Er, what's up Doc?!"

And, a Royal Bean for your 1100th!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...dAppleBean.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                    Hmmm, guess the episode is kinda easy - its in the filename! (Covenant)

Pic 1:

Sam: Damm, banned from my lab for a whole week... what am I supposed to do now?

Pic 2:

Jack: Teal'c, 10 bucks if you can throw a paperball in her mouth.

Great screenies!
                    Bugger! (hehe, my new favourite word) Ooops....at least I tried!
                    Royal Page of Samanda

Comment

I was browsing the net and came across this awesome article...it was in the mgm sci-fi newsletter ages and ages ago, and Amanda's talking about her trip to the Middle East and how she got her combat bracelet. If you'd like to read it, it can be found at : http://www.mgm.com/scifi/02april/amanda.html
                      Her attitude and respect for the troops is really heartfelt - just another indication of what a wonderful and warm-hearted lady she is.

Oh, and btw, although AT states in the article that she would wear the bracelet until the troops were home, it fell apart after a year and a half (I seem to have fuzzy memories about a debate over this point, so I thought I'd be clear.)
                      Last edited by Charlie; 22 May 2005, 07:24 AM. Reason: my sig hates me :(
                      Royal Page of Samanda

Comment

I hate to break it to you, but by definition, if you are an AT fan, your sense of humor is warped because she has a great...yet warped sense o' humor...

So you fit in just fine!
                        There is nothing wrong with a warped sense of humor...

Of course, I would say that.
                        -I was, am, and will be, Aeon9570 (if I ever remember the password)-
                        -You want to mess with the Ancients? Please update your will...-
                        -S/J, you cannot stop it, it is not 'possible', it just is.-

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
                          Cap 1:
                          Sam: (thinking)
                          Hmm, you go away for a few months and the next thing you know some new flyboy waltzes right in and takes control of your team from right under your nose. I wonder how many suns he's blow up lately.

Cap 2:
                          Sam: I swear I never touched your gameboy!

Comment

Hello all, from Jerusalem! I see you've been busy... and I'm going to have quite a chore catching up. The trip has been pretty good so far. Friday I hiked around old Jerusalem, visiting such places as the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and the Jaffa Gate; yesterday I floated in the Dead Sea and climbed around Masada. Today was spent with the Israeli Police, tomorrow with the Fire Department.

Anyway, I just wanted to drop a quick note to say "hi!"

Hugs,
                            Strix

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                              Hello all, from Jerusalem! I see you've been busy... and I'm going to have quite a chore catching up. The trip has been pretty good so far. Friday I hiked around old Jerusalem, visiting such places as the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and the Jaffa Gate; yesterday I floated in the Dead Sea and climbed around Masada. Today was spent with the Israeli Police, tomorrow with the Fire Department.

Anyway, I just wanted to drop a quick note to say "hi!"

Hugs,
                              Strix
                              Hi back to you! Sounds like a wonderful and peaceful start to your long journey. Laura Bush was paying a visit too ... did your paths cross? Hope not, she was surrounded by protesters.

Pardon my ignorance ... but there are Jaffa at the Gate of Jerusalem?!!

Be safe and stay in touch!

CG

Comment

NO POSTS IN FOUR HOURS???

Good people of Samanda...where art thou?!???

In honor of my 1,100th post...which will be coming up fairly soon by the looks of things...here's a GREAT AT picture that's just dying for a caption:

She's such a ham...
                                AT tries out the all-new Stargate Viewing Chair (tm), with Sensurround Plug-in Feature...

Comment

Working...
                                X