Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
    I was totally going to say that in my last post, but I spaced. Yes. Amanda's hand. Waaaaay too pale to be Rachel's
    I hope that doesn't stop anyone from writing more Sam/Teyla though.....

Comment

Originally posted by rolleson View Post
      I must the only one who likes the trousers then....
      Originally posted by rolleson View Post
      Sam icons

click for more
      Hmm, I'm not fully decided on the trousers yet. I think I like them, but I am perplexed by the knee pads thing. Ah well, I suppose knee pads always come in handy!

And great icons.
      "I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jello..."

Comment

Hey Sally, just for you

From Joe's blog, spoilers for S4
        Spoiler:
        Anonymous #4 writes: “Will we get any evil or whumped Carter in Atlantis this season?”

Answer: Whumped Carter? Oh, yes.

*waits for the high pitched loud squee*
        Last edited by Mandysg1; 11 September 2007, 04:36 PM.
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
          Hey Sally, just for you

From Joe's blog, spoilers for S4
          Spoiler:
          Anonymous #4 writes: “Will we get any evil or whumped Carter in Atlantis this season?”

Answer: Whumped Carter? Oh, yes.
          Spoiler:
          What does whumped mean? I'm quite n00bish when it comes to such terms.

Comment

Originally posted by Cascade View Post
            Spoiler:
            What does whumped mean? I'm quite n00bish when it comes to such terms.
            Spoiler:
            Whumped is a term used when a character gets injured I think my favourite whumped Sam was in Death Knell
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
              Hmm, Sheppard's in his regular uniform. I notice Rodney has the leather jacket too. Maybe there is some practical reason for the leather? Doubtful. Did they say in previous interviews the leather was for offworld?
              Although certainly *tight* leather can't be very practical. And it doesn't exactly signal "professional" or "commanding officer."

I haven't seen much of their new on base uniforms (I've been avoiding spoilers and am also afraid to look).

I hate the assumption of whoever decides on these clothes that scifi fans are so shallow as to only be concerned with the physical assets of the actors.
              Hmm. People watched SG1 in fairly shapeless BDUs for 6 years just fine before they went to the sleeveless uniforms in S7 and the infamous tight leather jacket Carter wore to a *raid* FCOL in Endgame (?). Sure they looked great, but it didn't make sense in the context. I doubt the AF allows people to run around in sleeveless tshirts in the office.
              I could have dealt better if say: Carter's was working in her lab. She has her BDU shirt on the chair & puts it on over the tshirt before she leaves the lab to go into the rest of the base. And it wasn't just Carter. Teal'c might as well have been standing around in body builder poses.
              Not that I mind some attractive beefcake but it does detract from the seriousness of the story at times, particularly when it's blatantly there for the thunk factor, rather than a logical reason.
              The leather looks like X-men leftovers. And thats where it belongs, on comic book characters.
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Spoiler:
                Whumped is a term used when a character gets injured I think my favourite whumped Sam was in Death Knell
                Spoiler:
                Ah, I see. Excellent! Thanks for explaining. I now feel completely up to speed with all the various words...whump was the last one I was confused about! And yeah, Death Knell is a great ep.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                  The leather looks like X-men leftovers. And thats where it belongs, on comic book characters.
                  *loudly clears throat*

Thou shalt speak respectfully of the X-Men
                  -

Comment

*Runs in* Sam is the best female character!!!!!!!! *Runs out*

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                      *loudly clears throat*

Thou shalt speak respectfully of the X-Men
                      Oh I LIKE the X-men and think the leather really does do Wolverine better then yellow spandex. So don't get me wrong.

Just like I really LIKE Carter and don't want her character, the great, awesome character I have known for 8 years to be turned into some cartoon, scifi cliche. One of the awesome things about Carter over the years is that she was just a person, did her job and wore the same uniforms as everyone else. Nothing screaming "hey I'm the cliche scifi chick"..... I really dont want the character to start screaming "I am the cliche scifi boss chick".... it makes me sad and angry to think that such a great character can be minimized in such ways.
                      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by General David Niemi View Post
                        *Runs in* Sam is the best female character!!!!!!!! *Runs out*
                        Did anyone else see some one run through Samanda ...he was so quick I almost missed him

Welcome to Samanda, maybe next time you'll stay a bit longer
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Neat pictures guys. I like the leather jacket, looks hot, great lines.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

To all my American friends and all those touched by Sept 11

Yes I am an American and was deeply touched by 9/11. Thank you! That was beautiful!

Comment

Did anyone else see some one run through Samanda ...he was so quick I almost missed him

Welcome to Samanda, maybe next time you'll stay a bit longer
                              *Pokes head in* Okay. I was here a while ago so...

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                                I swear I *have* to make time this weekend to draw!

So many gorgeous pictures.

Anyone want to volunteer to bug me until I do!
                                Poke....poke....draw....poke....poke.
                                Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                                William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                                Anon

Comment

Working...
                                X