Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
    I have had concussion *counts* three times without any head contact, just huge body hits that rattled my skull...it sucks when asked 'where did you hit your head?' 'Well I didn't hit my head...someone just hit me really hard'

Worst concussion I had I headbutted a team mates knee during a rugby match and was out for a few seconds..woke up...denied being knocked unconcious (like you do) played on (against all good advice) had a headache all week...played rugby again the following sunday (with my mothers full power withering disapproval)..took another whack to the head, got knocked out again..couldn't finish the match cos I couldn't stand up unsupported and had THE mother of all headaches, complete with dizziness and acting generally spaced for the next week...the headache lasted three weeks...bleugh.
    Since we're talking concussions, a few years ago I fell on my head. I was in dance class and basically we were doing a tricky manouver and I had to back roll over another person's back. Does that make sense in English? It's all about balance, and I'd done it before successfully, but then some utter nutter backed into us and I landed on my skull and managed to get a hairline fracture. It was not fun.

*hugs Amanda and everybody else with concussions*

Welcome to the madness Amy!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
      I think it was Enemy Within. Kawalski had the snake in his head and he took Sam hostage to get off the base. She tried to get to the control panel of the lift and he grabbed her shoulder and pulled her away. Poor old Jay Acavone used a little more force than he intended and she hit the back of the lift hard, banging her head. When Sam slumped to the floor unconcious, it wasn't acting on Amanda's part. She did actually get knocked out for a few moments. Jay's never lived it down. He gets asked about it at every con.

Kay aka Mumsey
      (Finally finished sending out AT3 acknowledgement emails! )
      Oh Wow! Poor Amanda, was she OK? I just thought it was great acting when I saw the ep LOL((((Amanda)))) and poor Jay too, he must have felt really bad(((Jay)))

And congrats Mumsey too on the AT3 e-mails, hugs for a hard working Mumsey((((((Mumsey))))))
      Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
      I just realized that I made my 2000th post in this thread. Which goes to say that I've talked alot since joining.

Also welcome Amy.
      Congrats on 2000 posts

Julia(samcarterrules)
      sigpic
      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
        A HUGE thank you to everyone for the very warm welcomes I've been receiving (Makes me feel all warm n fuzzy n stuff - wheeeeeee!)

Although I do have to ask - how long should I be on here before I refer to myself as a "Samandan" as opposed to the "Samandan by proxy"? Or will I now forever be that? Hmmmmm... (I asked Tracy, and she just rolled her eyes ... sigh.)
        You were a Samandan before you signed up, you just hadn't realized it yet. Take my word for it; I'm more reliable than TJ!

*gives TJ a big, squishy hug*

*licks Amy to make her feel part of the group*
        sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
        May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
          You were a Samandan before you signed up, you just hadn't realized it yet. Take my word for it; I'm more reliable than TJ!

Not sure how to respond to the licking....!

And the eye rolling was because I'd already explained the whole "if you like Sam/Amanda then you're a Samandan" thing. She seems to think there must be a minimum post limit or something.
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

ames--The first step is to admit you are powerless in the face of the positive force that is Sam/Amanda. Then you become a Samandan. Or just by posting here.

I always cringe in sympathy when I watch Enemy within. Poor Amanda. (I think she said in addition to Jay A. pushing her, she also flung herself a little accidentally & so she really connected with the wall. ) She's had the "method" experience now for whenever she has to play a head injury, I guess.
            And then she was so sick in the S9 finale and came into work hardly able to stand. You'd think under those circumstances they'd give her a sick day FCOL.

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
              Since we're talking concussions, a few years ago I fell on my head. I was in dance class and basically we were doing a tricky manouver and I had to back roll over another person's back. Does that make sense in English? It's all about balance, and I'd done it before successfully, but then some utter nutter backed into us and I landed on my skull and managed to get a hairline fracture. It was not fun.

*hugs Amanda and everybody else with concussions*

Welcome to the madness Amy!!!
              Ow. Worse I've done is go over on my crap ankle, taught my bellydancing class a whole new vocabulary. Fortunately one of them is a doctor.
              I first hurt it in 1987, was told by the Doc to rest it so I did a wedding, TV programme, Viking re-enactment and the '87 Worldcon in Brighton. Non of which come anything like 'resting it' and it's never forgiven me for it.

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
              And then she was so sick in the S9 finale and came into work hardly able to stand. You'd think under those circumstances they'd give her a sick day FCOL.
              Hm, from past experience, a good trooper like Amanda most likely didn't let them know how crap she felt. When I was a receptionist, they had to send me home more than once because my voice sounded so bad on the phone, it gave the customers the wrong impression, that they were making me work while at deaths door, when, in truth, I always feel as though I might as well be sick and miserable at work, as sick and miserable at home.
              What, between RDA's knees, MS's appendix and poor Amanda's concussion, they are a load of crocks, aren't they. But then I suppose over ten years, it's to be expected.

FF
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                ames--The first step is to admit you are powerless in the face of the positive force that is Sam/Amanda. Then you become a Samandan. Or just by posting here.

I always cringe in sympathy when I watch Enemy within. Poor Amanda. (I think she said in addition to Jay A. pushing her, she also flung herself a little accidentally & so she really connected with the wall. ) She's had the "method" experience now for whenever she has to play a head injury, I guess.
                I remember that! It was on the commentary, the bit with Thor, they had to film it with her sitting down because the poor woman couldn't even stand..and then loop all her lines later because she couldn't talk...sheesh..and she still looks awesome and pulls it off.
                sigpic
                Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                  Does anyone know how much it costs to send a postcard from the US to Canada?
                  $0.69 to Canada for Postcards
                  My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

A HUGE thank you to everyone for the very warm welcomes I've been receiving (Makes me feel all warm n fuzzy n stuff - wheeeeeee!)

Although I do have to ask - how long should I be on here before I refer to myself as a "Samandan" as opposed to the "Samandan by proxy"? Or will I now forever be that? Hmmmmm... (I asked Tracy, and she just rolled her eyes ... sigh.)
                    Or be forever known as the Samandan "formerly known as the Samandan by Proxy."

Perhaps the following will clear things up:

Just post that in your sig or whenever/wherever your status as a Samandan is in question so that they know that you are a Samandan by Proxy no longer.

Oh and welcome to Samanda.

*licky licky*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Woohoo! I got licked!
                      *bounciness ensues*
                      ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                      ames on facebook
                      ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Woohoo! I got licked!
                        *bounciness ensues*
                        Hey... you just told me you weren't bouncey.

*pouts*

I just got banned from the caffeine and sugar supplies for being bouncey. And now she goes and does it. Women! *grumps*

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                          Not sure how to respond to the licking....!

And the eye rolling was because I'd already explained the whole "if you like Sam/Amanda then you're a Samandan" thing. She seems to think there must be a minimum post limit or something.
                          Originally posted by Über View Post

Just post that in your sig or whenever/wherever your status as a Samandan is in question so that they know that you are a Samandan by Proxy no longer.

*licky licky*
                          Ah you guys are no fun...I thought we were going to tell ames that she had ot be initiated, you know tell her to run through the streets naked yelling "I'm a Samandan!" Like we did with PengYn
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Über View Post

*licky licky*
                            Wheeeee! I got licked again!
                            So feelin' the luv!

And thank you very much for the signage ... tracy's going to give me a step-by-step on how to add it in...

ames on facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                              Ah you guys are no fun...I thought we were going to tell ames that she had ot be initiated, you know tell her to run through the streets naked yelling "I'm a Samandan!" Like we did with PengYn
                              Hey.... I like your idea better.

Hey, Amy....!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                                Well, I have to admit, I'm still a bit suspicious about how easily this is apparently going ... I keep expecting someone to jump out and say "Oh, BTW, you know how you're now claiming full Samandan status? This means that you now must XXX. What do you mean that we neglected to tell you that beforehand? But ... every Samandan has done this - it's just your turn now!" Then again, y'all will have to let me settle in first for this to properly work - I mean, it's not nearly as effective if I'm expecting it...

As Woody Allen put it: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean that they're not out to get me....

ames on facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X