X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
    In Trio,
    Spoiler:
    if they mention Sam's love life, and especially if it involves Sam and Jack, I would hope that the not-so-subtle aspect of the conversation is very clear, very direct and very concise. Otherwise, I'd really rather they not mention it at all.
    I agree...I don't mind if it's resolved one way or t'other....but resolved would be nice. The whole thing did get a bit of a feeling of flogging a dead horse for me anyway..it's like 'yeah yeah yeah..great love can never be yadda yadda yadda'

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    you know, in trio

all they need to to is...oh have a line like

Spoiler:
    I can't wait to rotate back to earth and have some downtime. what are you going to do colonel?

Sam: Oh, i thought i'd go up to minnesota

minnesota? what the heck is in minnesota?

Sam: This sweet little cabin by a lake with no fish.

If there's no fish then...

Sam: It's not the where, it's the who...and who i'll be spending my week with. Now...and back onto the plot at hand
    Ooh that'd work really well I think...not over the top but clear cut!

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
    I assume he enjoyed it more when Sam and Daniel were there at the end of season 8. It was nice to see the whole team kick back and relax at the end.

FF
    I really need to watch season 8 *sighs and hunts under the sofa for pennies*
    sigpic
    Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
    My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

I assume he enjoyed it more when Sam and Daniel were there at the end of season 8. It was nice to see the whole team kick back and relax at the end.

FF
      I so wish that scene had gone longer with the four of them. No words were needed, but more time with the four of them on the deck would've been great - a true ending to that era of Stargate.

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
      Is Trio
      Spoiler:
      the episode where it's just McKay, Carter and Dr. Keller ? The name kinda goes with the the number of actors in the episode. I honestly don't know... just asking. If so it will air in the 2nd part of the season.
      Yep, that's the episode.

Spoiler:
      I wouldn't mind some Keller/McKay/Carter action. But, as cool as the title sounds, I would hope that it has more to do with the plot than the number of characters featured... Maybe it's a working title? Or a tease?

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
      I agree...I don't mind if it's resolved one way or t'other....but resolved would be nice. The whole thing did get a bit of a feeling of flogging a dead horse for me anyway..it's like 'yeah yeah yeah..great love can never be yadda yadda yadda'
      Heh heh. Yeah, I just want them to make a decision either way. I'll respect their choice...

Spoiler:
      ...Unless it's something like, "Cameron and I are engaged", or something equally out of left field.

Originally posted by Tittamiire
      I really need to watch season 8 *sighs and hunts under the sofa for pennies*
      S8 was a good season. Some of my favorite lines and scenes came from that season:
      "Who shot me?!" <-- such a funny moment between the four of them early on.

Comment

you know, in trio

all they need to to is...oh have a line like

Spoiler:
        I can't wait to rotate back to earth and have some downtime. what are you going to do colonel?

Sam: Oh, i thought i'd go up to minnesota

minnesota? what the heck is in minnesota?

Sam: This sweet little cabin by a lake with no fish.

If there's no fish then...

Sam: It's not the where, it's the who...and who i'll be spending my week with. Now...and back onto the plot at hand

Sweet

Comment

the sky is falling,
          the sky is falling,
          the sky is falling

plop

Didn't anyone try to catch poor sky
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Yep, that's the episode.

Spoiler:
            I wouldn't mind some Keller/McKay/Carter action. But, as cool as the title sounds, I would hope that it has more to do with the plot than the number of characters featured... Maybe it's a working title? Or a tease?

Oh yeah I hope the entire Atlantis crew is there too!
            Spoiler:
            Something DH or Joe said in an interview.... I believe it was the interview they did while on hiatus not too long ago on set. Joe M. mentioned to David that he had an episode coming up with he, Keller and Carter... something about he and the girls. I got the impression they were on a ship... but not sure why. hmmm have to go find the interviews again... I know I posted links somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
              Oh yeah I hope the entire Atlantis crew is there too!
              Spoiler:
              Something DH or Joe said in an interview.... I believe it was the interview they did while on hiatus not too long ago on set. Joe M. mentioned to David that he had an episode coming up with he, Keller and Carter... something about he and the girls. I got the impression they were on a ship... but not sure why. hmmm have to go find the interviews again... I know I posted links somewhere.
              Oh yeah! I definitely remember him saying that. And I'm looking forward to it, for sure.

Spoiler:
              As long as Carter/McKay isn't shoved down our throats throughout S4, this will be a nice episode between the three characters. I believe either Joe Mallozzi or David Hewlett said that McKay will be driving Carter and Keller crazy - and we all know that's not too hard for McKay to do in the best of circumstances. The idea of Jewel Staite, David Hewlett and Amanda Tapping working together for an entire episode is very fun, imo.

I'm sure the rest of the crew will be featured as well. It looks like Sheppard is getting an ep or two devoted to him, Teyla will have a few, and Ronon one or two... Hopefully it's a nice, well-balanced season that focuses on everyone equally.

Comment

S8 was a good season. Some of my favorite lines and scenes came from that season:
                It does look extremely good....alas I am entirely dependent on buying the DVD's to see the show...but I will get there!

and it is comforting that even with the show ended I still have a whole load more episodes to watch.
                sigpic
                Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

FF
                  that was a lovely scene. warm and fuzzy, but not OTT sappy.

now if coop could have just gotten a clue by four that, when we ask for 'team'...that's what we mean.

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post

crawls up...nope. just let me fall. sniff, sniff
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Question:
                    Has anyone figured out which episodes Carter won't be in?

I've tried to keep track, but I'm having a hard time figuring out which ones won't require Carter's presence/assistance/etc.
                    I don't know which ones they are for sure...except Travellers.

I'll still watch them all of course because I love the show but let me know when you find out as I'm curious.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

that was a lovely scene. warm and fuzzy, but not OTT sappy.

now if coop could have just gotten a clue by four that, when we ask for 'team'...that's what we mean.

Just a little trivia - Coop wrote "Threads"... But in S8 he didn't have free reign of the franchise.

Comment

right. which means that he wrote what brad told him to write. and likely wrote it how brad told him to write it.

coop can be a great writer. sateda was wonderful. but i question his ability when it comes down to making the big decisions, and especially how he sees and treats teh female characters under his control.

both sam and vala had a lot of wasted potential in s9 adn 10. and both were relegated to cliched roles supporting the 'manly male' stars of the show...bencam who thought that he was and ms/daniel who - as a supporting character - was the only one with a story arc.

coop tends to get tunnel vision and only sees characters a certain way...or warps them to make a plot work. whic might work for an episode at a time, but when you're the quality control for the whole shooting match, it's not always a good thing.

I personally think a lot of the 'damage' that people feel was done to sam was largely done because coop just couldn't quite figure out that just cause the was a girl didn't mean that she had to be written differently from teh boys. it's like he gets so caught up in gender issues that he siezes up writing characters instead of simply writing the character and letting the actor deal with the gender issues
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Über View Post
                          I don't know which ones they are for sure...except Travellers.

I'll still watch them all of course because I love the show but let me know when you find out as I'm curious.
                          Yeah, I'll watch the whole season, too. I would've anyway. But I'm definitely curious to see which eps are Carter free. I'm assuming they'd have to take place solely off-world, right?

Then again, there were episodes where Landry and Hammond weren't involved, so maybe they'll make sense.

Comment

<snippy snippy>
                            What's hilarious to me is Sam's reaction...where she's telling Daniel who did it with a slight twitch of her head in Jack's direction...her military "respect your superior officer" side and her friend side at war with each other...and that was the compromise.

LOL

That really helped "sell" the moment to me...seeing them so naturally interacting like that. Going back to what Sky was talking about earlier (post-fall )...the moments that truly communicate togetherness and a sense of team to me the most are the unspoken ones. Just seeing them there for each other or certain looks they give each other.

I bring it up often...but for instance, the team moment for me from season 9 was the one in Ethon between Sam and Teal'c...that beat where he sees she's alive and so much passes between them in that brief moment, their history, their friendship. He didn't have to say much of anything...the look said it all to me.

That's real to me...not dialog where character X makes a point of talking about how important the team is to him or her or how people are his family. Why? Because when it's really the case, words are unnecessary. The sentiment is felt down to the bones and words would simply ruin the moment.

If you have to brow beat your audience with characters delivering over-the-top sentiments, chances are you're trying to speak it into existence, demanding that it's there when it's not.
                            Last edited by Uber; 03 August 2007, 01:27 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                              Everyone knows mods bounce.
                              scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                                Everyone knows mods bounce.
                                Scari is back.

SCARI IS BACK!!