No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attn Canadian Fans (you know who you are )

Amanda's ep of Street Legal (The Harley) is airing at 6AM and Noon Eastern Time on May 30 on the Canadian Bravo station. Anyone want to record and share with their US neighbors? At least Amanda's scene?
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
    Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
      Hey guys. I don't know if this has been posted before but for safeties sake - here it is again - http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a9534...omedy.html?rss

The 42-year-old, who plays Colonel Samantha Carter in the sci-fi franchise, said she fancies playing an eccentric old woman.
      That would be a bit of a stretch

Comment

AWESOME!!!! I love them!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
          OMG lol...tis awesome! I'd love to come to work everyday and see Amanda, Rick, sg-1 pics and others staring back at me. Would make it very easy I think to get distracted though.
          And today the week-long record was broken. I wrote a reply to a co-worker about the photos of an insured's vehicle, and said they looked...weird. She called me and said..."Like...ALIEN weird?"

*facepalm*

We had a LONG laugh over that one. Especially when I told her she'd gone and ruined her streak...

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          *squeezes amanda*
          *amanda burps*
          oops.

*spits out soda*
          Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
            *spits out soda*
            Ignore the Samandan "No Eating or Drinking Rule" at your peril!!
            -

Comment

Anyone want to play Captionary?

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435 View Post

SAM: You are getting sleeeeeepy. Very, very sleeeeeepy.

GATE: ...Don't give up your day job.
                Jenni

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Heeheehee. Funny funny!

OT....kind of:

Spoiler:
                    Whilst I was watching the new Indiana Jones movie, (with the magnetic scene at the start with all the dog tags gravitating towards the box), I of course thought of that scene with Sam and her tag. Oh dear, does everything have to relate back to stargate? short answer, yes....
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mary-Jane View Post
                      Heeheehee. Funny funny!
                      Spoiler:
                      Whilst I was watching the new Indiana Jones movie, (with the magnetic scene at the start with all the dog tags gravitating towards the box), I of course thought of that scene with Sam and her tag. Oh dear, does everything have to relate back to stargate? short answer, yes....
                      I'm glad you realized the rhetorical aspect of your question. LOL
                      Jenni

Comment

*drops into thread* I'm back from my mountainous adventures.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                        I think I know all the words... *sings in head...* Most of em

And of course the song to the same tune...

Spoiler:
                        The Pi Song

by Joel Gilmore

(Sung to the tune of Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious)

Note also that all digits should be read separately, as “Three point one four one five etc”!

To find a circle’s area will often make you queasy,
                        It’s not just simply length by width or anything that easy.
                        But then one day you’ll find a number that will help your brain,
                        It might be transcendental but it’s sure to save you pain!

Oh!

Chorus:

If you were to say it all then you’d be here a long time.
                        Multiply by two r and then you will have a curved line

Aristotle Aristotle Aristotle Pi!

If you were to write Pi to several hundred thousand digits,
                        Any who saw patterns there I’d have to say were id(j)iots.
                        The proof that Pi’s irrational is just too long for now,
                        But if you ask your maths teacher I’m sure he’ll show you how!

Oh!

(Chorus)

So if you have a sphere whose volume you must quickly know,
                        It’s simply one and one third Pi by r cubed don’t you know.
                        But better use it carefully or Pi can lose its gloss -
                        (Spoken) Ahem, for instance, one night I used it on some trig,
                        And now my sin’s a cos!

Ooooooohhhhhh!

(Chorus, speeding up to a grand Pi finale!)

Copyright Joel Gilmore, 2000

My cousin's friend wrote it and we have been singing it since we were about 10. Heeeeee! I bet Sam would approve

Ooooh! Three point one four one five nine two six five three five eeeeiiight nine!
                        That is brilliant and sent to my mother, who will love it Pi is such a wonderful number and that is a very silly song.

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                        Sky is right. We cannot do extra group photos, there just isn't the time. The schedule is timed to the minute (literally) and extra photos mean that minutes get added on and then half hours etc. I take months getting the schedule to work - I call it a human rubix cube - I usually end up dragging it kicking and screaming into submission only weeks before the Event when every possible scenario has been gone over and over.
                        The overrun on Sunday at AT3 will be dissected apart by me, and I will literally dismantle the schedule to see where timings changed and rebuild it for AT4 to make it work.

So group photos are simply not possible in order to be fair to everyone.

And yes, Sky, we do know where every Samandan is, both seated and when they are coming through the lines! LOL!

Julia
                        G4
                        I was actually amazed when you guys knew who I was. I'd chatted to John before, but none of the rest of you really! And amazed when Samandans knew who I was too lol....I expected to be introducing myself to people all weekend, which I did do too...but ya'll are an amazing bunch.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                        And who was NOT crying after Julia's beautiful speech I would like to know.
                        Even I was close to tears and I'm tough and rarely cry.

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                        GW is really acting up tonight and I got bored

Spoiler:

Hahahahaha....very cute and funny!

Originally posted by suse View Post
                        Please keep scifithinker in your thoughts and prayers. She had to go to the hospital today and they admitted her to check something out.

They aren't thinking super serious but it's enough for her to stay the night for a looksee tomorrow.

My second or third comment when I spoke to her: "Thank God this didn't happen 2 weeks ago. (We were in London.)

suse
                        Originally posted by suse View Post
                        I talked to scifithinker today. She's not in pain anymore, but she's still in the hospital. She sounds good.

suse
                        Thoughts are definately with her and thanks for keeping us updated.

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                        Hey everyone,

First, OT: My Mum....
                        Spoiler:

My Mum has been taken in to hospital, her MS her taken a turn for the worse and she can't feel her legs and feet atm, would it be OK to ask the Samanda family to keep my Mum in your prayers and send her those great Samanda positive vibes? Thanks guys your the best.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                        sorry to hear about your Mum, she's definately in my thoughts and sending positive vibes both of yours ways.

I got a lovely package in the mail today! Thank you everyone-chocolates from around the world! I love it. I laughed totally at the penguin, my mom thought I was nuts.

Thanks everyone for thinking about me. I was having a tough day-my legs have gotten very weak, and I fell yesterday and needed 911 to come help me stand back up. I was feeling very achy and embarrassed still today. The package couldn't have come at a better time.

I've been so blessed by Samandans. You guys are wonderful!

Denise
                        Wheee chocolate! glad it made it and is being enjoyed...there was a lot of it.

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
                        Antoa: thanks for the pics. I downloaded some to my harddisk and when I tried to download #30 I - sheer coincidence - chose "use as desktop background" instead of "save ...".
                        Great, now I am stuck with goofy looking AT on my desktop.
                        This thread makes me do funny stuff.
                        D'oh...how are you going to cope with that to look at all the time

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                        I was in a photoshopmood, so I made a sig.

I was planning on making one for Hannah, who wants a pilot themed sig. But I came across Death Knell pics ..... couldn't resist. Hannah, you want this one? If not, someone else can have it. Let me know! If you rather have a pilot themed sig, no problem (but maybe give me pics, cause I don't have good ones).

Me likes me likes! It is a beautiful sig and very cool and I would definately like it, thank you so much! I shall sort it out some point in the near future wheee.

Originally posted by maryclaremcdade View Post
                        hi me again my mum died on april 13 that my bad news i miss her
                        I am very sorry to hear that mary clare, my thoughts are with you.

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                        *dances in*

Sorry for this bit of OT right off the bat, but I just had to say a few words.

I PASSED MY BLACKJACK EXAM!!

Okay, maybe another few as well. Thanks for the good wishes. I was really nervous and everyone in the class knew beforehand so after I finished a nerve-wracking 30 minutes later and the instructor informed me I had tested out, I got a standing ovation from everyone which wow'd the heck outa me. I was very embarrassed, but it was awesome just the same.
                        well done!

it is settled lol

Heeheehee. Funny funny!

OT....kind of:

Spoiler:
                        I agree...it does!

And on a side note...I have a job working with the Children and Young People's Directorate in Business Support that starts on Tuesday. For now it's for one month, but is possibly on going if I do my usual trick of working hard, well and managing to make myself indispensable within the first two weeks
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                        My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Wingarium leviosa!
                          (Sorry, bad Harry Potter reference.)
                          suse
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.
                          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Heeheehee. Funny funny!

OT....kind of:

Spoiler:
                            I'm glad you realized the rhetorical aspect of your question. LOL
                            I'll have to keep (NOT POKE Jan and Mandy- you smartmouths!) an eye out for that scene.

OT:
                            Spoiler:
                            I went to see Iron Man. There's a desert bit that reminded me of all the Tok'Ra planets, but honestly I was more amused mumbling "Comb the desert! Do you hear me? Comb the desert!" Me lurves Spaceballs. Good thing some got my reference - and thought it was funny. Rick Moranis rocks. Anyone have a Canadian flag smilie?

suse
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                              Cutest Amanda pic I have, kinda small though
                              Does anyone have a larger copy of that picture of Amanda when she one that Leo???
                              Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
                              This from the SciFi-interview
                              http://www.scifi.co.uk/articles/2008...-interview.php
                              Spoiler:
                              AT: *snip* I think telekinesis is a very real thing. I know, for me, I mean, I fritz small electronic equipment consistently, and if - yeah, I'm not going to touch [our dictaphone], because the fact that my phone still works is kind of crazy. Not to say that I have any telekinetic ability, but I think that people have different magnetic fields at play or electric forces within them, and so I have a tendency, especially if I'm really agitated, to fritz things. I grabbed Jim Menard, who was our DoP [Director of Photography] on Stargate, he was showing me his new Blackberry, and I looked at it and I went 'Oh, wow, is it... uh, Jim, Jim, it's just gone off...' it fried within minutes of me holding it.

Hm, I think I caught some weird disease that AT is spreading.
                              I do tech support and last week I tried to open a remote control tool and it kept asking for my proxy password. The one I usually use did not work. During the past two weeks I tried any and all proxy-setting my company ever used but to no avail.
                              I had to laugh when I read that part of the interview...I have said it on numerous occasions at work..I think I must be over charged with electricity or something...I go through stages where everything I touch breaks...the tv, the washing machines both at home and work, the dryers at works, the heater, the fan, the car...you name it...and it all happens at the same time...I'm jinxed I tell ya!!...bit like GW...for some stupid reason it keeps going crazy on me...is it just me or does it go down on everyone else too???
                              Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                              I LOVE Achmed!
                              I love Achmed too...I keep quoting him...my lil bro thinks I've watched it way too many times...I think he may be right...I think the kids are gonna develop a complex if I keep shouting at them..."Silence..I'll kill you"...in my best Achmed impersonation I can muster!!...seriously...I'm slightly addicted to him now!
                              Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                              Just dropping in to post a new sign...
                              Eating or Stealing Penguins is not allowed!!
                              Hehe...I was gonna say that...wasn't sure if he was gonna eat the little fella or cuddle/smother him to death!!
                              Heeheehee. Funny funny!
                              OT....kind of:
                              Spoiler:
                              Uhm...yep!!!

I'm gonna get out before GW "cacks" itself again...is this just because of ongoing works or am I starting a new jinxed cycle again???
                              I went to my little brothers house for his birthday today...we had pizza for dinner...and I gave him Ark of Truth...wasn't sure how that was gonna go over but he seems pretty happy with it...I think my sister in law is more excited though!!! She's bummed that she won't be able to go to Armageddon this year to meet Michael Shanks...the baby is due around then...is glad child bearing days are done!!
                              Night all...take care and have fun!
                              (((Samandans)))
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                                Just dropping in to post a new sign...

Eating or Stealing Penguins is not allowed!!
                                Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                                Hehe...I was gonna say that...wasn't sure if he was gonna eat the little fella or cuddle/smother him to death!!

Spoiler:
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X