No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sir, stop sulking. I've already told you that you can read the new Harry Potter after I'm finished.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
      IMO all beer - lager, stout, whatever - is horse urine.
      i can't stand the taste of beer. i end up having 1 every couple of years when i'm in social situations and kinda stuck 'come on, it's my 50th birthday, you gotta have a beer' and the like

i prefer rum, preferably in diet coke. and yes, i like the 'girly' drinks. margaritas, fruity drinks, etc.

and suse, probably good that you're not much of a drinker, with your family history. for me??? i tend to have a lack of self control at times, and a habitual life style...so i deliberatly DON'T drink too much, because i don't want to NEED to have a drink every evening.

It's jsut like when i have insomnia i dont' take my little OTC sleeping pills more than one night at a time, because i don't want to ever NEED to take them
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        the cap was from Bloodlines i believe. right after daniel shoots the tank of baby goa'uld, the jaffa chase them and sam lobs a grenade at them
        Thank you...I think I should re watch that ep...it shames me to not know what ep that picture came from...and I call myself a stargate fan...boy...what a dipstick!!
        Originally posted by PengYn View Post
        I'm almost loathe to post this on here, but I received an email from my best friend back home that made me laugh so much I felt like a traitor. Bearing in mind she watches Stargate casually and knows nothing about the crazy world of fandom and some of the *cough* shenanigans some folks get up to.

The real cause behind global warming has apparently been discovered:

Spoiler:

I'm thinking JanSam is the one holding the beer???
        I said it in the ship thread and I shall say it here...ROTFLMAO...those pesky little buggers are causing our doom...thank you MegYn...brilliant little pic...I'd green you but alas it won't let me...go figure...I have to spread more love!! And here I thought I was spreading it nicely...you know I luvs you all right?? I'm spreading, I'm spreading FCOL!!
        i can't stand the taste of beer. i end up having 1 every couple of years when i'm in social situations and kinda stuck 'come on, it's my 50th birthday, you gotta have a beer' and the like
        i prefer rum, preferably in diet coke. and yes, i like the 'girly' drinks. margaritas, fruity drinks, etc.
        and suse, probably good that you're not much of a drinker, with your family history. for me??? i tend to have a lack of self control at times, and a habitual life style...so i deliberatly DON'T drink too much, because i don't want to NEED to have a drink every evening.
        It's jsut like when i have insomnia i dont' take my little OTC sleeping pills more than one night at a time, because i don't want to ever NEED to take them
        I never used to be a beer drinker...in fact I used to hate it til a few years ago...actually I should say 11 years ago. When I was pregnant with Tom, I had cravings for beer...and sausages...meat in general...should have known it was a boy from that point on...and I do not condone drinking whilst pregnant...so I was very careful to not consume much at all...and by that I mean I was VERY careful and I'm not helping myself here am I??...Tom's a healthy happy kid BTW!! (I am such a bad mum!) Then after he was born I loathed it again. Until 3 years ago when I went to my first Oktober Fest...I had a stein of beer and that was it!. However, I do enjoy a red wine occasionally and last week I had my first scotch and coke in 6 years...I swore off the stuff after one easter drink too many...I'm not really a drinker at all...I much prefer my coffee...but on the odd chance I should drink an alcoholic beverage, it's usually a beer or wine. Oooh...except last night I had some Drambui...never used to like that either...but it was quite nice last night...my taste buds must be maturing...I'm steering away from the sweets and going to the savory...hmm...reading this post kinda makes me look like a drunk...dang...that's kinda sad!! I won't tell you about the Sambuca then...I'm going to bed...before I dig myself into an even bigger pit!!
        Night...again...so how does one make jelly/jello shots??
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
          What ep is that from??
          Sky was right it is from the ep Bloodlines, when they are being followed by the Jaffa cause Daniel shot on the larval Goa'uld and Sam throws a granate to them and she says it will be a close one
          Just recently rewatched the ep and I must say I really enjoyed it, I am not such a big fan of the early Jaffa story line, but after rewatching it, I really enjoyed it. It really is all about the team

Originally posted by suse View Post
          IMO all beer - lager, stout, whatever - is horse urine.

But I like hard cider.

Apparently I'm quite "the typical drinks" gal too. I like all the fruity sweet ones. Though the creamy sweet ones (Kahlua & cream, etc...) are yummy too. But that stuff happens like once a year. Oh. And jaegermeister shots. <shudder> I hate the goggy slow feeling that alcohol leaves behind. Besides alcoholism is on both sides of the family. As is diabetes. Just not a good combo.

suse
          It all depends what beer, I am really a big beer drinker but I just don't have a choice I am afraid lol
          Here in Belgium a lot of people drink beer, but I have seen that a lot of women recently start drinking the fruit and sweet beers, if you ask me they don't even taste like beer anymore...
          As for the beer/stout/whatever thing, we really have other names for it... here a lovely link with Belgium beer for who is interested

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_beer

the cap was from Bloodlines i believe. right after daniel shoots the tank of baby goa'uld, the jaffa chase them and sam lobs a grenade at them
          Yep that is it

I'm almost loathe to post this on here, but I received an email from my best friend back home that made me laugh so much I felt like a traitor. Bearing in mind she watches Stargate casually and knows nothing about the crazy world of fandom and some of the *cough* shenanigans some folks get up to.

Spoiler:

these Polar Bears now a days eh... don't trust them or they roast you and even are the cause of global warming! that is bad

good catch MegYn...can't green you though

Comment

Heh, I have a friend who is obsessed with polar bears. I have never mentioned the Stargate fandom aspect of polar bears to him

Anyway, his girlfriend is in England and because he is bored without her he has been watching this all night: http://www.poodwaddle.com/worldclock.swf because it's so depressing. On msn just before he said "****, another species just became extinct. I hope it wasn't polar bears."

Hmmmm.
            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Sam's 100 Guilty Pleasures

100. Oreo's
              99. Rick Springfield
              98. Lock picking and motorcycle riding (what they go together don't they?)
              97. Jack (yeah, you knew it had to be there, might as well get it over with!)
              98. Godiva chocolate in her desk drawer
              97. Singing in the shower.
              94. Thunderstorms.
              93. Craftily and furtively rearranging important items in Daniel's office when he's popped out for a minute. Because no-one ever suspects her.
              92. Anime (hentai)
              91. An hour long soak in the bathtub and a glass of wine.
              90. Jack's gameboy... one day he will realize that's her intials beside the highest score.
              89. Sometimes (just once in a while) she eats GREEN JELL-O!!!!
              88. The Simpsons. Sure, she makes a point of saying she doesn't getting it...but it's just for show.
              87. Old school Sci-Fi shows. She SAYS she watches them just to mock the science, but she thinks the original Apollo is WAY hotter than the current.
              86. Wormhole X-Treme!
              85. Teal'c's Hats - She's got pictures of him in everything from a sombrero to a beanie.
              84. Thinking the lead actor from Wormhole X-Treme! is hawt
              83. Thinking the lead actress from Wormhole X-Treme! is hawt
              82. Rearranging the keys on other peoples keyboards.
              81. Rearranging the name plates on the office door to keep Jack from finding his real office
              80. Pickpocket... swapping peoples swipe cards around so they are restricted to all the wrong areas.
              79. Finding excuses reasons to take F-302s out for test runs through the solar system.
              78. MacGyver reruns!
              77. Instigating 'team' workouts. Because its all about training and comraderie and team spirit and she never looks at their arms ever, ever, ever... (I blame the audio commentary with AT for 'Evolution Part 1' for this one ).
              76. 'Accidentally' telling Jonas to wear the wrong colour (Because I think we're all a little bit mean sometimes ).
              75. Stashing all the blue jello away for her self.
              74. Eating chocolate together with beer.
              73. Sabotaging Helping McKay's experiments. (just the little ones.)
              72. Blue lingerie, anything from Victoria's Secret.
              71. European sports cars (silver)
              70. Harley-Davidson bikes
              69. Stupefy Jack with long words and complex phrases just to hear him say, "What?"
              68. Breaking into vala's room when she's asleep and nicking part of her wardrobe for a date
              67. hot tubbing, with margarita in hand.
              66. Sneaking a peek at the guys bathing while off-world.
              65. The guys in tuxedos. Meltworthy.
              64. Mocha-cino's, pedicures...and lace!!!
              63. Hanging out in her house, au naturale!

62. Lemon pie, lemonade, lemon drops, lemon shampoo, lemon bathoil, lemon perfume... in fact, Sam doesn't wait for life to give her lemons... she goes out and asks for them....she knows a good use for them... hmmmm... I wonder if the lemon imports to Atlantis will suddenly increase dramatically?.

63. Beer. But not American Beer-that's just weak.

And yeah, that was me projecting. I love me some beer. Hate most American brands. My BIL tried to give me some Bush last month and I about gagged. But my mom did find this case from some regional brewery here, a "summer stock" filled with a mix of delightful beers. We especially liked the one called "Mystery Ale".

Comment

Double Post I know-but I wanted my 1500th to be here. So picspam:

I love the cat!

Tough Sam-you can see she's already thinking of clocking Baal here.

My favorite shot, I think. Love the visuals here.

Happy Sam!

My other favorite Sam shot. And favorite Soldier!Sam

Astronaut dreams come true.

Oh come on, you know I had to!

Comment

Congrats on 1500 Deej!
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                    It all depends what beer, I am really a big beer drinker but I just don't have a choice I am afraid lol
                    Here in Belgium a lot of people drink beer, but I have seen that a lot of women recently start drinking the fruit and sweet beers, if you ask me they don't even taste like beer anymore...
                    As for the beer/stout/whatever thing, we really have other names for it... here a lovely link with Belgium beer for who is interested

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_beer

LOL I rather like the fruity beers. I tried a bit on a tour at Busch Gardens (owned by the Busch Beer Company - Budwiser, etc) and it wasn't bad. I can tolerate them. I could drink Molson Ice. But only because my tongue was numb after a few sips. I've tried (sips of) more than a few. The brother loves microbrews and a lot of imports. <shudder> So I get "try this one" ::GAG:: and . Sorry bro. No he's not a lush, he will nurse a beer for over an hour. He just likes the taste and hanging out with people.

I wonder if Amamnda drinks beer. I know she drinks wine. She had a glass flyning over to GABIT2 while she was crying over her pics of Olivia.

suse
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.
                    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Congrats on 1500 Deejay!

Hope you had fun on vacation!

suse
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.
                      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Spoiler:
                        http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/9...wletterye6.gif

Oh come on now PengYn, you know we've been off that penguintarian diet for a while now But watch out Flipper
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post

Sir, stop sulking. I've already told you that you can read the new Harry Potter after I'm finished.
                          Perfection! LOL!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post

OMG Carter, what are doing? Put Daniel down! And Daniel you know better than to take Carter's chocolate.
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Sorry! That was supposed to be on the RDA/Jack Thunk Thread! Too many windows open at a time. *Head desk* Enjoy, anyway.
                              sigpic

Comment

"Yep, luvnjack posted that Jack pic on my thread. For cryin' out loud!!"
                                To make up for the Jack pic.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X