No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone. I've tried to do it justice, but not sure if I did as I'm sure I forgot so many things.

AT3 - con report

Last edited by PengYn; 06 May 2008, 08:45 AM. Reason: I can't form a decent sentence
    sigpic

Comment

Got back home from London and school, I was just about to upload my pics (489 of them), and I can't caue my computer can't read my memory card , than I was gonna use my transfercable, but my batteries are off on my camera and I can't find the recharger... so you'll have to wait a bit for the pics. I will scan the photoshoot pics and post them on my LJ now
      But first:

THANK YOU SO MUCH G4!!!!!!!!!!!
      My weekend in one word: WOW!!!
      I had the best time, met so many great people. *hugs all*
      And of course Amanda. Amanda keeps blowing me away everytime I meet her. She's the most amazing person I've ever met. I couldn't imagine a better rolemodel than her. Everytime she saw me she told me how proud she was of me *tries not to cry again*
      I told myself I wasn't gonna cry this time lol, which failed miserably... I just love Amanda with all my heart and I'll defenitely (no matter what) be at AT4!!

Gabit girls and John, Amanda you're wonderful, love you all and thanks from the botom of my heart!!!

THANKS!! See you all next year

*goes to scan the pics*

Comment

Thanks everyone for the info and reports from AT3 - sounds great!! Did anyone have a chance to ask either of the questions I posted a while back - don't have them right off the top but one was about who is in charge of SG1 in Continuum and if she can't answer straight away does she think her fans (many of who were ticked at what happened to her command in Seasons 9-10) will be happy. Also does Sam get to fly - first chair, pilot that is - the planes in Continuum? Thanks mucho for any info.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
          Apparently the weekend was so great that everyone seems to have amnesia about it.

You know, if everyone who went would share JUST ONE specific tidbit or story...

Lilferret shared pics; TJ told us about the call with RDA; can someone tell us about the quilt? Any of the questions that were asked? What vids were shown? What did you all do after the sessions?

Details, details!!!!

I'm not beneath begging, but please don't make me do it!!!!
          Weekend? Eh? What weekend? Don't know about no event last weekend....

But actually... it might be nice to see Strix beg a little more... Maybe you can exchange a fanfic for another tidbit or two.....?

LOL!

Well, sorry, but no con pix this time round from me since the day before the con started whilst sightseeing in central London, one of the pins (in the 2 rows of pins your memory card slides onto) in my camera managed to get itself bent down to where I couldn't get it back up, no matter what I tried - tweezers, a threader, fingernail clipper, etc., which effective rendered my digital Canon Rebel SLR useless for the rest of the trip. I did have a good seat though, and AmberMoon and dipsofjazz graciously allowed me to use their nice SLR cameras to snap pix for them. (Hopefully they'll let me share a few...)

Not sure I have much more to add to what's already been posted here since I was there to just *be* in the moment and to enjoy spending time with friends, and to hear and interact with Amanda, not play reporter. The dark hair for the first second was a change, but wasn't something to get hung up on - she's still very much the same Amanda: the blue eyes with the devilish twinkle in them, the big warm, dimpled smile, the intense concentration on the person she's talking to, and the candid honesty and warmth that she emanates from every pore.

The cocktail party was fun and the table I was at was full of wonderful and crazy troublemakers GW'ers and our table picture by John turned out beautifully. The dogs who visited were fluffy, fuzzy and cute. The talks were great as always - some 'asked at every con' type of questions, but many well thought out questions that left Amanda and fellow attendees thinking. And the auction, as always, was a hoot with Amanda and Thomasina Gibson acting as Sue the Auctioneer's assistants. Was great to see "Stuck" and "Ark of Truth" too.

*hugs to all who were there in person as well as in spirit* and *hugs to Amanda for agreeing to do the con*

Stares G4's way......... okay. You've had a day to recover... so when in 2009 is AT4?????!

LOL! I'm just kidding.((((((((((G4))))))))))
          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

AT3 was excellent, can't wait for AT4, the Q&A question that got to me was that had changed for her since having Olivia, the answer being that she's protective of anyone harming Olivia, that and the miscarrige question as they are quite personal questions that she answered.

Comment

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the reports from AT3. Glad you had a good time and you're back safe and sound.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BPC View Post
                Thanks everyone for the info and reports from AT3 - sounds great!! Did anyone have a chance to ask either of the questions I posted a while back - don't have them right off the top but one was about who is in charge of SG1 in Continuum and if she can't answer straight away does she think her fans (many of who were ticked at what happened to her command in Seasons 9-10) will be happy. Also does Sam get to fly - first chair, pilot that is - the planes in Continuum? Thanks mucho for any info.
                Didn't get asked. Sorry.

But I read in an interview somewhere Sam gets to fly in Continuum. And there was a question about the command off SG1 in S9+10. Will write it down later (soooo much was said lol).
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
                  Stares G4's way......... okay. You've had a day to recover... so when in 2009 is AT4?????!

Grrr.........

Closes eyes again and puts head down on pillow........Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Julia
                  G4

Officially pooped.....
                  To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                    Grrr.........

Julia
                    G4

Officially pooped.....
                    lol *hugs*
                    You all deserve some sleep, cause it was fantastic event (again)

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                      Grrr.........

Julia
                      G4

Officially pooped.....
                      me too.....

hugs
                      beckszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
                      G4

Comment

how do you get amanda off stage?????
                        Attached Files
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Riftzone View Post
                          AT3 was excellent, can't wait for AT4, the Q&A question that got to me was that had changed for her since having Olivia, the answer being that she's protective of anyone harming Olivia, that and the miscarrige question as they are quite personal questions that she answered.
                          I thought she made a good point that miscarriage shouldn't be a taboo subject but I really admire her for being willing to be the one to talk about it.
                          I still feel so bad for her everytime I think of it. (((Amanda)))

On another note, can I assume that someone mentioned to her all the homebound Samandas sent their love & support?

Comment

her point was, i think, a miscarriage is certainly a physical event, and most certainly an emotional one, but it's made all the harder by the image that it doesn't happen all that often. it makes the woman feel like she's some sort of failure on 'one of a dozen' people this year that have lost a child.

yet, in reality, there are hundreds if not thousands of miscarriages across the country on a daily basis. Some of the pregnancies are so early that the woman doesn't even really know that she was pregnant in the first place, thus just thinks it's a really heavy period, when she's actually miscarrying the child.

some, of course, are more traumatic and difficult because the pregnancies are further advanced and can, in the worst case, seriously endanger the woman's life.

but one reason a woman feels so alone and ostracized is because, having a miscarriage, seems to be a secret and not something that people talk about, so the woman feels alone, when she's actually experiencing something that's quite common and ordinary

and yes, amanda knew that there were tons of folks that couldn't make it.

and, as soon as the G4 recover and sleep and question their sanity , i'm sure that AT4 will get a date and planning will begin

sigpic

Comment

here's a few of my pics
                              http://pics.livejournal.com/skydiver...llery/0001zs99

and of our samanda fun
                              http://pics.livejournal.com/skydiver...llery/00024kfk

sigpic

Comment

Thank you Skydiver. Great pictures

Comment

Working...
                                X