No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i gladly take the blame for that. in face, feel free to 'blame' me more often
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I've actually been trying for a while to reason out why I like Amanda/Sam so much. I think it's partly because I feel I have some things in common with her (I'm 6'0" tall and blonde and I play guitar and have always wanted to play cello), but she also embodies a lot of the things I wish I was. She's beautiful, she's graceful, and she's comfortable and unapologetic about who she is. She's also very intelligent, which I value highly, and she's just plain fun to watch. Her laugh is infectious, her smile is incredible, and the way she plays off the other characters is very entertaining. Just my two (six?) cents...

Comment

Happy Birthday
        Uber!
        sigpic

Comment

Oooooooober! Happy Birthday!
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Happy B-Day Ooooooooober!

Comment

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                It's late at night (for me), and I'm feeling daring, so here goes:

Title: No Unfamiliar Longing
                Author: scifithinker
                Rating: 13+
                Categories: Sam Carter, early SGC
                Spoilers: Enigma
                Archive: Ask, please.
                Disclaimer: I do not own Stargate SG-1; I make no money from this story. For entertainment purposes only.
                Summary: Sam aches to be touched.

Today, she aches to be touched.

The legacy of grief and genius, this skin hunger is no unfamiliar longing.

She remembers Jonas. Their relationship lasted far beyond its natural shelf life because he touched her, even if only to extract his orgasms at the expense of her own. With eyes wide open, she paid the price of his self-absorpsion far longer than was healthy in exchange for mediocre sex and an occasional hug. She may not have been the most emotionally aware, but Jonas's egomania was hard to miss after those first few heady months when he'd made an effort to suppress it. She'd finally screwed up the courage to break the engagement two weeks after she brought home a scrawny cat from the animal shelter.

No longer scrawny, Schroedinger was the only living creature that touched her, and she was inordinately grateful that she'd picked a cat who was generous in his affection. Those moments with him draped around her neck, purring in her ear, kept the hunger at bay for many a lonely evening. He was exactly what she needed, but since her transfer to Cheyenne Mountain, she is no longer what he needs.

She gave Schroedinger to Narim last week, and today, she aches to be touched.

Sky, I blame you.
                I don't normally do this sort of thing, but since Sky made the request and it's Uber's birthday, I thought I'd give it a try.

Spoiler:

Title: White Knights
                Author: foreversg1
                Rating: All
                Pairing: None
                Disclaimer: I do not own Stargate SG-1 nor do I claim to be a writer. Read at your own risk.

Summary: Sam is plagued by nightmares.

He could hear the terrified wails echoing though the chilly night air.

They all could as they sat around the camp fire, trying not to act as if they wanted to run to her side.

It was their first mission off-world since Sam had been allowed to return to work and she had been plagued with the nightmares every night since they arrived.

The first night he nearly broke his leg, sprinting across the camp and over a fallen log to see what was wrong; but he immediately wished he hadn't when he saw the embarrassment upon her face as she suddenly realized where she was and what had happened. She had fooled the doctors and psychiatrist into believing she was ready for duty, but it was proving much harder to fool her teammates when she couldn't control her own subconcious mind.

On the second night he had waited for nearly a half hour, listening to her cries into the night, before he allowed Daniel to wake her from her restless sleep.

They all knew they couldn't chase away the monsters that haunted her dreams, but they had hoped that in time her fears would slowly subside knowing that they were there with her and that she wasn't alone.

Over the next two nights, they had made a pact with each other to give Sam time to work through her fears -- on her own -- without one of them running to her rescue. But it had proven to be a much harder task than any of them had initially realized. Internally, they all knew Sam was a strong person who could take care of herself. Hell, they had worked side-by-side with her for over four years now and she had proven that she was as tough as they came; but this was Sam they were talking about
                and regardless of how tough she may be, the fact still remained that they had nearly lost her recently and hearing her relive those moments over and over again in her dreams was enough to turn each of them into a white knight.

So here they sat with worrisome looks, fixed onto the fire between them, and restless hands and legs dancings to and fro.

Daniel suddenly made a move to stand up, but a hand placed gently upon his forearm and a shake of the head was all that was needed to cause him to sit quietly back down.

The terrified screams suddenly died down to a soft whimpering cry, but the words tore at their hearts just the same.

"I am here" the small, quivering voice called into the night.

"I am here."

Last edited by ForeverSg1; 18 June 2007, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Here's a Samfic. Good scifi - a little different premise from any other fanfic that I've read. The author posted most of the story ages ago, but the conclusion just appeared today

Legacy of the Xel'naga by Confushi Sushi

Pairing: none that I remember (but it has been ages since I read the first many chapters). Note: there is a little Sam/Teal'c friendship at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                    I don't normally do this sort of thing, but since Sky made the request and it's Uber's birthday, I thought I'd give it a try.

Spoiler:

Title: White Knights
                    Author: foreversg1
                    Rating: All
                    Pairing: None
                    Disclaimer: I do not own Stargate SG-1 nor do I claim to be a writer. Read at your own risk.

Summary: Sam is plagued by nightmares.

He could hear the terrified wails echoing though the chilly night air.

They all could, as they sat around the camp fire, trying to act as if they didn't want to run to her side.

It was their first mission off-world since Sam had been allowed to return to work and she had been plagued with the nightmares every night since they left.

The first night he nearly broken his leg, sprinting across the camp and over a fallen log, to see what was wrong; but he immediately wished he hadn't when he saw the embarrassment upon her face as she suddenly realized where she was and what had happened. She had fooled the doctors and psychiatrist into believing she was ready for duty, but it was proving much harder to fool her teammates when she couldn't control her own subconcious mind.

On the second night he waited for nearly a half hour, listening to her cries into the night, before he allowed Daniel to wake her from her restless sleep.

They all knew they couldn't chase away the boogyman that haunted her dreams, but they had hoped that in time her fears would slowly subside knowing that they were there with her and that she wasn't alone.

Over the next two nights, they had made a pact with each other to give Sam time to work through her fears -- on her own -- without one of them running to her rescue. But it had proven to be a much harder task than any of them had initially realized. Internally, they all knew Sam was a strong person who could take care of herself. Hell, they had worked side-by-side with her for over four years now and she had proven that she was as tough as they came; but this was Sam they were talking about
                    and regardless of how tough she may be, the fact still remained that they had nearly lost her recently and hearing her relive those moments over and over again in her dreams was enough to turn each of them into a white knight.

So here they sat with worrisome looks, fixed onto the fire between them, and restless hands and legs dancings to and fro.

Daniel suddenly made a move to stand up, but a hand placed gently upon his forearm and a shake of the head was all that was needed to cause him to sit quietly back down.

The terrified screams suddenly died down into a soft whimpering cry...but the words tore at their hearts just the same.

"I am here" the small, quivering voice called into the night.

"I am here."

I'm not sure what my birthday has to do with it...and you did NOT add the umlaut to my name *glares* ...

...but great job all the same.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Über View Post
                      I'm not sure what my birthday has to do with it...and you did NOT add the umlaut to my name *glares* ...

...but great job all the same.
                      My apologizes OooOOOOooOOooooOOoooOOoober, but no umlauts from me. Not even on your birthday!

Hope it was an enjoyable day though.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                        My apologizes OooOOOOooOOooooOOoooOOoober, but no umlauts from me. Not even on your birthday!

Hope it was an enjoyable day though.
                        Well I guess I can let it pass this once...as long as there's cake involved at some point today.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Über, Ü Ü Ü Über,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Comment

I think that will be my response if anyone ever asks me to marry them... "will there be cake?"

But yes, of course there will be cake today! In fact, it's in the oven right now. Would you like to lick the bowl, OOooooOOOOoooooooOOooooooOO00OOOoooooober?

And there is some blue jello in the fridge setting!
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Happy birthday Über
                              sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Über, for your birthday, I present you with multisized umlauts.
                                Ü Ü Ü Ü Ü Ü Ü Ü Ü Ü Ü Ü Ü
                                Beautiful, isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                                X