Originally posted by Becky S. View Post
    Thank you for the welcome Amanda_Tapping_Fan. Yes, the address is:

Amanda Tapping
    c/o Bridge Studios
    2400 Boundary Road
    Burnaby, BC
    V5M 3Z3
    Canada

You may want to check with your local postal provider (either on the net or in their local office) about what the postage for postcards is.

Ah - advise to everyone - don't try to pack for a five day trip, do last minute running around, and post on a forum. It just leads to you forgetting something important, like an address! Sorry about that.
    thanks i think i shall go out and find a nice post card now.

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
    I'm stupid. I won't go into why.

But on a happy note, here's the farewell from Amanda.

http://www.sisterstv.com/amandatappingfarewell.zip

Enjoy!!!!
    Your not stupid.
    sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

I was thinking (I do this sometimes). Will Sam ever be on SG-1 again. Now that will be in command of Atlantis (whether temporary or not); will she ever be able to go back to Co-lead of SG-1? I'm curious, if there's a third movie, how Sam will be portray

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Originally posted by Sg Gato View Post
        I was thinking (I do this sometimes). Will Sam ever be on SG-1 again. Now that will be in command of Atlantis (whether temporary or not); will she ever be able to go back to Co-lead of SG-1? I'm curious, if there's a third movie, how Sam will be portray
        Well, hopefully by then Cam will have enough experience that he won't need her help. So the only way I can see them explaining it is if she's back for some other reason. Like, say, something happens to Landry and they need her to command the SGC temporarily...

I'd hate to have to watch Sam in charge of the SGC, wouldn't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Sg Gato View Post
          I heard Amanda say that SG1 (the movies) and SGA aren't taking place at the same time, so it wouldn't be Sam coming from Atlantis to be in the movies. Keeping this in mind, if there is a 3'd movie, they may not even acknowledge what is going on in Atlantis...hope this makes sense

I would just like to see Sam in Command of SG1 in at least one of the movies
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
            ... These pics are awesome I love her office...it looks great and that is Sam her place from now on eh cool

And these pics behind her desk...awesome Love it

I can't wait for SGA to start to see what they do with Sam...although I do have my doubts
            I think it adds so much warmth to add the personal touch of the photos on the bookshelf, especially since her office looks quite streamlined, crisp and efficient. Uncluttered like Carter's mind. Almost a Zen feel to the office and what is that little brown artifact on her desk on the left side of picture ... a business-card holder?!

Here's my theory on the photo of "the mysterious man in the tux". I don't think it's Jack; I think it's Daniel as someone has suggested. But I'll go one step further: I think it may be actually be a photo of MS taken at his wedding to Lexa Doig ... do you know why? Because Amanda was their MC and it seems that she and the producers like to play little practical jokes. Remember how she included personal touches in her house for Ascension? She brought in an afghan from a fan and real photo of her and twin brother, etc. I'm just thinking that she may have done the same here - included a photo of Michael from a shared moment as friends. What do you think? Am I reading too much into MS in a tuxedo? Just tell me where Daniel Jackson is wearing a tuxedo in any of the SG1 episodes ... eh?!

I need to get a life.

Spoiler:
            DUH, says CG's alter ego ... how could you forget the best man-wedding scene in Episode 200?!! So much for my theory ... hehehehe!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
              I think it adds so much warmth to add the personal touch of the photos on the bookshelf, especially since her office looks quite streamlined, crisp and efficient. Uncluttered like Carter's mind. Almost a Zen feel to the office and what is that little brown artifact on her desk on the left side of picture ... a business-card holder?!

Here's my theory on the photo of "the mysterious man in the tux". I don't think it's Jack; I think it's Daniel as someone has suggested. But I'll go one step further: I think it may be actually be a photo of MS taken at his wedding to Lexa Doig ... do you know why? Because Amanda was their MC and it seems that she and the producers like to play little practical jokes. Remember how she included personal touches in her house for Ascension? She brought in an afghan from a fan and real photo of her and twin brother, etc. I'm just thinking that she may have done the same here - included a photo of Michael from a shared moment as friends. What do you think? Am I reading too much into MS in a tuxedo? Just tell me where Daniel Jackson is wearing a tuxedo in any of the SG1 episodes ... eh?!

I need to get a life.

Spoiler:
              DUH, says CG's alter ego ... how could you forget the best man-wedding scene in Episode 200?!! So much for my theory ... hehehehe!
              Darn you beat me to the answer however you could also say

Spoiler:
              it was the pic from 200 at Daniel and Jack's wedding
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I need to get a life.

Spoiler:
                Well clearly it's a picture of Daniel at Jack and Sam's wedding!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                  Darn you beat me to the answer however you could also say

Spoiler:
                  it was the pic from 200 at Daniel and Jack's wedding
                  Which is still rather bizarre, as that entire thing was a figment of Vala's imagination....

EDIT: Which when I put it that way strikes me as being even more bizarre, but for very different reasons

Comment

I need to get a life.

Spoiler:
                    Yes, but Tuxedo!Daniel in the 200th episode was in all in Vala's mind, not our real Daniel therefore Sam would not have a picture of him in said tuxedo unless of course it was supposedly taken at another time. But I'm sure others have made this same comment already so I will just go back to lurking again.

Ah-ha I was right. Jennifer had the exact same thoughts as me. GMTA!

Comment

Realized some of y'all might enjoy these:

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post

Yay!
                        Last edited by NZNeep; 06 June 2007, 06:18 PM.
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Very nice Jennifer
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Teh purty, Jenn.

*happy grin*
                            sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                            May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Cool thanks those r great
                              sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

I posted this on S/J, but I figure Polar Bears might be interested, too. Spoilers for SGA S4 based on pics in JM's blog:
                                Spoiler:
                                I think the pictures indicate all kinds of things about where the character of Sam is atm and why her being chosen as the character to cross to SGA is a good thing for SGA as a whole.

First, about Sam, publically acknowledging she's been fishing offduty with Jack, as well as the picture of Jacob Carter in Air Force uniform, proves she's not concerned with people thinking she's gotten to where she is because of favoritism - either as the daughter of an Air Force General, which I suspect she kept quite about as a junior officer and is why Jack was surprised to meet Jacob, or because of her personal relationship with a current general. She's confident that she deserves her command and that her accomplishments speak for themselves, and given the fact I'm not sure anyone on either show can go 5 minutes without using some piece of technology she helped invent or mentioning some event she was a crucial part of, she's not wrong.

The pictures also serve to remind visitors to her office that she's on personal terms with two military officers, one scientist, and two aliens, which should help alleviate any fears they might have that she's cold and uncaring towards their particular set of needs and concerns....

Finally, for SGA in general, assuming as we've been told that Weir's absence, however temporary or not, is separate from Sam's crossing-over, Sam as a character is the perfect choice. Not only does it make sense she'd be given her own command of that size logicaly, but the pictures serve as a reminder that Sam the character is known, with a complete backstory and few outstanding personal issues and hangups, and already has the expertise and experience to balance and understand the needs of the vast array of people and situations she's likely to encounter. Which means they won't have to eat up EPISODES introducing the character, watching her stumble to understand how to deal with all these conflicting needs, earning the trust of scientists and soldiers and aliens who don't think she understands what THEY need. I'm sure there will be SOME of that, but in bringing over an established character in general and Sam in particular to fill-in for Weir, they're avoiding the vast amount of that stuff which would be otherwise necessary.

Meaning, of course, Sam is ironically likely to mean MORE screentime and development for the established SGA characters, not less....
                                I think you should also post that here:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=43951

and

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=44066

From the sound of things, Carter's character won't be eating up too much SGA screentime - and she's only there for 14 of the 20 episodes. And for the 14 she's in, it doesn't sound like she'll be in the foreground. More like Hammond was there for SG-1.

Comment

Working...
                                X