Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
    I hear if you sneak in and hide behind the curtains, that also works...

(ducking from Julia's thwacking stick ... ! )

mg
    *Snickers*

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    or snitching the uniform of the hotel worker and slipping in through the kitchen
    i'll just grow 6 inches, lose 20 pounds, cut my hair short and tell them that i'm amanda

now stop laughing, stop, stop!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
    Geez mini, I thought I taught you better in the fine art of ducking

sorry Sky, couldn't help myself

but come to think of it, if you can do that, maybe I can too
    Sorry, I'm in the same boat.....

Comment

Beware: There be a long, multi-quote post yonder.

Sorry, the bulk of this is responding to last night's convo (my computer died and the charger was slightly demolished).

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
      Oh, how I wish I could do that! I am glad you'll get to go. *hugs* I have no idea what the leave will be like where I end up...and as a brand spanking new teacher...I can't ask for a lot of time off. And to spend so much to get there...I'd want it to be a nice, long, relaxing trip. Maybe there will be another event down the road.
      *cough* San Diego Comic Con 2007 *cough*

I did that tooo, only stayed the weekend, but I didn't regret it. It was well worth it. The friendships, the wonderful time we all had, it's like time exists in a bubble while you're there. So much fun. There are discount air lines that fly to London from North America for a couple hundred dollars a seat, too. Food included. Flyglobespan is one. That's not a huge hit for a weekend trip, if people co-room together.
      I am very intrigued...

Why must you tease me, woman?!

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
      So the con would make a great graduation present to yourself. I mean I need someone to stay up all night with me
      Ah yes, I'd take any excuse to stay up until dawn with ya, tsax. Heckling Kat is definitely a plus, too. And of course there's breakfast with the early-riser among us, mini.

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
      Of course that would be the greatest present for Spazzie Hey I wanne meet her and I want to stay late with someone too I will even make everyone stay up late
      Pace yourself, Eve! Tsax is a very serious contender, and she's pretty darn persuasive, too.

Just don't let her anywhere near your computer after midnight.

And I wanna meet you too! Hopefully a lot of us will have doors open for us over the next year. It was definitely an awesome experience.

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
      More quiet sobbing from jckfan's corner --May is out for me with my school schedule. I had actually been thinking about it when it sounded like it would be June.
      Maybe I'll be able to see AT and meet some of you at a convention in the US sometime.
      *cough* San Diego Comic Con!!

Originally posted by jckfan55
      What?! Didn't anyone tell you you are not allowed to leave, Spaz?
      I'm not getting my memos.

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
      Looks like we are in the same boat! *Exactly* the same boat. I seriously considered getting a quote for a laptop so I could claim the $1000 "course related costs" on my student loan. If I did that this year and next year... So tempting.
      Wanna do a thesis on international travel or London culture? Or the sci-fi fandom?

for the students, maybe you can talk to your teachers at the beginning of the semester adn see if you can make arrangements to take tests early or whatever.

some teachers can be accomotating if they have enough notice
      That's definitely an option I'd like to exploit try ASAP.

Originally posted by tagger View Post
      Totally OT, but cool:

SPAZ!!! I think that funny rap video guy you posted got a guest role on SGA!!! How cool is that! Heehee. YAY!! He deserved it - that tune is still hooked in my brain.

From JM blog 4/23 (which I don't usually read, but have read the last couple days):

Spoiler:
      Zach Selwyn was on the lot today. For those of you not familiar with the larger-than-life host of G4’s Attack of the Show, he is the star of a SGA rap video that took youtube by storm. In fact, Zach rapped and danced his way into a guest-starring role as episode linchpin Scientist #2 in season four’s Tabula Rasa. His big scene is tomorrow, first up!
      Whoooot! I love that guy! And I'm so glad someone posted the link in JM's blog when s/he did. Thanks for the update, tagger! I can now stop pimping him in my sig. It just goes to show that unique creativity can go a long way.

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
      *whew* that's one less person that I have to knock over to get my cocktail ticket!
      *gasp* antoa! I didn't know you had it in you!

ETA: Does anyone get TV Guide? Apparently there was a Q&A with AT in it.
      Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 24 April 2007, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Hey everybody-

I am jealous of all this Con talk. I wish there would be one closer to Toledo that I could swing!

For all of you who are Livejournalers and haven't seen the announcement on my LJ there is a new community being made. SamCarter_Gen. There will be challenges, and fic, and art. And it's all about SAM. Not Sam and....

I didn't make the com, but just promised to spread the word. (Julie, who is one of the maintainers is the same girl who did the SamCarter ficathon, and she did a great job there.)

And finally, a request. I'm really trying to get better at graphics. Can anyone reccomend tutorials for PaintShop Pro? I have version 9.

HUGS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
          Sorry, I'm in the same boat.....
          That's because neither of you two has actually MET the lovely Skydiver in person. There's a good reason we call her miniAT!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

That's because neither of you two has actually MET the lovely Skydiver in person. There's a good reason we call her miniAT!
            Standing front and center..."I beg to differ!" We met last year
            Last edited by SG1Poz; 24 April 2007, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post

<snip>

ETA: Does anyone get TV Guide? Apparently there was a Q&A with AT in it. [/B]
              Just got TV Guide today. Here's a scan.

TV Guide Q&A with Amanda Tapping

Comment

So apparently there's a Q&A with Amanda in this week's TV Guide. I read about it on another forum and do not have a copy of this so I can't prove whether or not it's legitimate.

With that disclaimer in mind, here is what was said about the piece:
                Spoiler:
                "On page 61 of this weeks tv guide there is a Q and A with Amanda about "The Shroud" eps."

what's this about daniel jackson becoming a prior of the ori?

Amanda: i could tell you but then I would have to kill you [laughs]. Poor Daniel has really been through it. He's ascended, and now he's a prior. The Ori is a fundementalist religious group and Daniel get tortured into their ways. Its a good team episode about us trying to save our friend.

What can we expect in the last six tv episodes:

Amanda: We gear up to wrapping the Ori story line. Its a build up to [the 2008 direct to video release, "Arc of Truth"] we're shooting now. [In] the final SG-1 episode, we're stuck in time dilation field and we grow old together. That's pretty cool.

Sam Carter is joining Stargate Atlantis next season. What will her function be:

Amanda: She comes over initially to help out with situation and then ends up being brought back as the commander. She takes Weir's place.

There has been some fan controversy over that.

Amanda: Whenever a character leaves that people love, its always difficult. It's completely amicable and I think the fans need to know that. There's no ill will in terms of me coming over, or Torri [Higginson] leaving.

What's it like to be a part of a show that attracts such devotion?

Amanda: I'm amazed that before SG-1 even aired we had a fan base who were talking about potential episodes. And now when I meet the fans, they know more about the show than I do. This encyclopedic knowledge is interesting- a lot of fans have been there since the beginning. It's an intense fan base, that's for sure.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                  I just looked up the regges and the first allocation of cocktail party tickets actually sold out in less than three hours!

Becks
                  G4

3 hours!

Will they be going on sale morning, mid-day or evening (GMT)?

Just want to know if I have to get up in the middle of the night or try and buy tickets while at work.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31 View Post

Darn it wouldn't let me green you

Thanks SamFan31
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                      So apparently there's a Q&A with Amanda in this week's TV Guide. I read about it on another forum and do not have a copy of this so I can't prove whether or not it's legitimate.

With that disclaimer in mind, here is what was said about the piece:
                      Spoiler:
                      "On page 61 of this weeks tv guide there is a Q and A with Amanda about "The Shroud" eps."

what's this about daniel jackson becoming a prior of the ori?

Amanda: i could tell you but then I would have to kill you [laughs]. Poor Daniel has really been through it. He's ascended, and now he's a prior. The Ori is a fundementalist religious group and Daniel get tortured into their ways. Its a good team episode about us trying to save our friend.

What can we expect in the last six tv episodes:

Amanda: We gear up to wrapping the Ori story line. Its a build up to [the 2008 direct to video release, "Arc of Truth"] we're shooting now. [In] the final SG-1 episode, we're stuck in time dilation field and we grow old together. That's pretty cool.

Sam Carter is joining Stargate Atlantis next season. What will her function be:

Amanda: She comes over initially to help out with situation and then ends up being brought back as the commander. She takes Weir's place.

There has been some fan controversy over that.

Amanda: Whenever a character leaves that people love, its always difficult. It's completely amicable and I think the fans need to know that. There's no ill will in terms of me coming over, or Torri [Higginson] leaving.

What's it like to be a part of a show that attracts such devotion?

Amanda: I'm amazed that before SG-1 even aired we had a fan base who were talking about potential episodes. And now when I meet the fans, they know more about the show than I do. This encyclopedic knowledge is interesting- a lot of fans have been there since the beginning. It's an intense fan base, that's for sure.

Darn it wouldn't let me green you

Thanks SamFan31
                      LOL that teaches me to read previous posts before posting something already posted.

Move along now...nothing to see here.

*is embarrassed*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I'm torn. If I have a new piece of sketch artwork to share, Amanda Tapping as Helen Magnus, do I share it in the Sanctuary folder? The Samanda folder? The Amanda and her Roles folder? My gut says, Samanda, given it's (my personal) favourite spot to discuss any role of Amanda's quite honestly. But I'm on the fence about it and I'm not posting it in five places. Or perhaps in the sanctuaryforall forum, then post a link here?

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

I'm torn. If I have a new piece of sketch artwork to share, Amanda Tapping as Helen Magnus, do I share it in the Sanctuary folder? The Samanda folder? The Amanda and her Roles folder? My gut says, Samanda, given it's (my personal) favourite spot to discuss any role of Amanda's quite honestly. But I'm on the fence about it and I'm not posting it in five places. Or perhaps in the sanctuaryforall forum, then post a link here?
                          I say any and all of the above...but add to that the SanctuaryFans gallery.

http://sanctuaryfans.com/site/index....evis&Itemid=15

Comment

I have been itching to draw more, but my skills are so rusty that I tend to get frustrated. Gah.

I have one year to get a gorgeous picture drawn! I will do it! I swear.

Actually I would really like to do one of Sam, one of Helen and one of AT, but that could be wishful thinking.

I work near Santa Monica College, so I pass like 4 art supply stores on my commute. I am soooooooooooooo tempted.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31 View Post

wow, that's great!!

why do they have amanda talking about 'the shroud', though? not that she shouldn't, but that's hardly a sam focused episode... or is it, since i haven't seen it yet?

i hope, -REALLY hope- that they promote sam coming over to atlantis. if one of the reasons why they're bringing her over is to entice sg1 viewers over -what's happening with me- then they need to *advertise* it well.

on a side note, but still on topic... is anyone else wishing sam was going to have her usual short and blond hair? amanda would be gorgeous bald , but i'm just wishing to see her still look like sam... i guess...

i want to know what amanda's favorite starbucks drink is. (that just popped into my head )

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                wow, that's great!!

why do they have amanda talking about 'the shroud', though? not that she shouldn't, but that's hardly a sam focused episode... or is it, since i haven't seen it yet?

i hope, -REALLY hope- that they promote sam coming over to atlantis. if one of the reasons why they're bringing her over is to entice sg1 viewers over -what's happening with me- then they need to *advertise* it well.

on a side note, but still on topic... is anyone else wishing sam was going to have her usual short and blond hair? amanda would be gorgeous bald , but i'm just wishing to see her still look like sam... i guess...

i want to know what amanda's favorite starbucks drink is. (that just popped into my head )

sally
                                I would guess they asked about "The Shroud" because that is from next weeks TV Guide and that is the epsiode that will air next week.
                                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X