Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cougar4Zero View Post

Ok I think sam looks cool with the brown hair and I think she will pull it off like she does in sg1. I think indeed her character helped so many (young) woman and ofcourse also some guys to get through some things.

For now whatever! Its cool weather outside! To *m*ke out the greenery!

Take care!

xxXxx
    LT OUT
    Good point. If we haven't scared our Samandan men away with all our "girl talk," I'd be interested in hearing from the guys what they love about Sam. You can mention drooling over her but I know you guys also have more substantive reasons for liking her.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc View Post
      These are great quotes -- thanks for posting!!

I really like Sam and Mckay, not as a shipped couple, but rather as two brilliant scientists who respect each other and yet also get on each other's nerves. I like what McKay brings out in Sam---she gets flustered, yet not enough to do her job. I think this can be overplayed, but I actually really liked Grace Under Pressure (some poignant moments), and also McKay and Mrs. Miller. I think the interaction between Sam and Mckay in McKay and Mrs. Miller was very enjoyable and toned down, with the right mix of snarky yet serious. I think this bodes well for season 4, but also I think Sam will be interacting with all the characters (as AT mentioned---she hopes so with Teyla and Sheppard -- hopefully others too).

Not surprisingly, DH speaks highly of AT, just like a lot of other actors/directors/producers. It is always good to read these comments. And I like how AT consistently compliments her fellow actors as well. I also appreciated her warm comments about RDA after he left as a regular.
      "Meredith?"

I think the writers and actors got the balance right for the interaction of Carter and McKay in these two episodes. It's not an easy balance to achieve. There is so much room in their relationship for it to go over the top. I think it will me a major hurdle for Atlantis to achieve with Carter there in season 4. If they miss, it could really damage the show.
      sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
      May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
        "Meredith?"

I think the writers and actors got the balance right for the interaction of Carter and McKay in these two episodes. It's not an easy balance to achieve. There is so much room in their relationship for it to go over the top. I think it will me a major hurdle for Atlantis to achieve with Carter there in season 4. If they miss, it could really damage the show.
        There is that danger, isn't there? Also, previously all of Sam's appearances on Atlantis were still from the SGA's team perspective-whether Rodney or otherwise-just as his work on SG-1 was through her eyes. Neither of them are the guest star-they're very much show characters in their own right, permanent or reoccuring, so the presentation of the relationship will shift. I'd never thought I'd say that they should limit interaction, but what I mean is that every ep AT is in should not revolve around those two. Their relationship should be expanded, but it needs balance. There is also a lot of opportunity for interaction with the other members of the Atlantis team, and hopefully that should be interesting.
        sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
          There is that danger, isn't there? Also, previously all of Sam's appearances on Atlantis were still from the SGA's team perspective-whether Rodney or otherwise-just as his work on SG-1 was through her eyes. Neither of them are the guest star-they're very much show characters in their own right, permanent or reoccuring, so the presentation of the relationship will shift. I'd never thought I'd say that they should limit interaction, but what I mean is that every ep AT is in should not revolve around those two. Their relationship should be expanded, but it needs balance. There is also a lot of opportunity for interaction with the other members of the Atlantis team, and hopefully that should be interesting.
          As much as I love the interaction between Sam and Rodney, I think I'm looking forward to her interaction with everyone else on Atlantis even more, you know? And I think it was David Hewlett that has mentioned how interesting it might be to see Rodney's reaction to Sam being in Altantis. 'Cuz hey - if you need a brilliant scientist to answer your question - would you go to Rodney for help or Sam?

So...when does Atlantis season 4 start, anyway?
          sigpic
          Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
            As much as I love the interaction between Sam and Rodney, I think I'm looking forward to her interaction with everyone else on Atlantis even more, you know? And I think it was David Hewlett that has mentioned how interesting it might be to see Rodney's reaction to Sam being in Altantis. 'Cuz hey - if you need a brilliant scientist to answer your question - would you go to Rodney for help or Sam?

So...when does Atlantis season 4 start, anyway?
            I've got a lot of catching up to do, so it doesn't matter when it starts- I probably won't see it for about another two years anyhow

But as being a scientist AND being in the military puts her in a slightly unique position in Atlantis. So far those have been two camps, so to speak, with the research members on teams hovering somewhere in the middle (which has been interesting in the case of someone like Rodney). So how she interacts with those different camps, and the established characters (her and Teyla, or John, for example) will hopefully generate some more depth and an angle that we are not used to.
            sigpic

Comment

Well I finally got around to watching Dominion last night.

Spoiler:

Although there wasn't a great deal of Sam in the episode, I have to say I rather enjoyed it. It's probably my favorite episode since TRNT. I really enjoyed the storyline, especially the way they weaved in past elements such as the memory altering device, symbiote poisoning and the Gou'ald. I also thought Claudia did a wonderful job expressing Vala's feelings of betrayal by the SG-1 team, and in opinion, any episode with Ba'al in it is a huge bonus.

Which is a very good thing since I haven't been extremely impressed with the past few episodes, so I'm truly hoping that Unending will be just as entertaining and the series will end on a positive note...for me at least.

It's very strange though because despite the huge ups and downs this season, I'm really starting to feel quite anxious about watching this week's episode of SG-1. I know in the past when a season ended there was always a possibility that the series would not be renewed, but there was always hope as well. The idea of watching the season ender this week and knowing that we wont' be getting new episodes in the fall is really quite disheartening. I think for the first time I'm actually excited about Sam being on Atlantis and the idea of two new movies, because as much as I thought I was ready to let go, I don't think I really am. Hopefully Amanda's new series will be a huge success and it will give me something else to look forward to instead of my weekly dose of SG-1.

Comment

anyone ever wondered why there is no 'samantha carter' in the asgard fleet?

http://grav-ity.livejournal.com/330348.html

two cute fic, one introspective, one humorous
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

Nice!
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Thanks for the link. I enjoyed those
                    sigpic

Comment

Caption this. (One of my favorite pictures by the way )

Hmmmmm, now what password should I use for my laptop?

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Nicely done. My thanks to the author, grav-ity.

Comment

Originally posted by Sg Gato View Post

Mmhm, what pen name should i use to write my own Wormhole extreme fic?
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

During briefings Sam whiled away the time pondering the secrets of the universe- would colour would the jello be this afternoon? Would they be able to go a week without an explosion in the lab? Does Hammond employ someone to shine his head? And out of whose pack exactly did that interesting 'item' fall out of during that skirmish that SG-1 were in last week? Because she sure as hell found them to be quite chafting, especially with all those sequins...
                            sigpic

Comment

Sam: Hmm, wonder if I should let the guys know that my last little experiment actually did have a few unexpected side effects...

Nope, think I'll just keep that bit of info to myself a little longer...'cause I'm enjoying the view way too much.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                                Sam: Hmm, wonder if I should let the guys know that my last little experiment actually did have a few unexpected side effects...

Nope, think I'll just keep that bit of info to myself a little longer...'cause I'm enjoying the view way too much.

Even once they (sadly) found out about the experiment gone awry, Sam kept the fact that she quietly made a mint on the 'boxers, briefs or otherwise?' betting pool when it closed strictly to herself.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X