No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

let's wait and see what they come up with before we go making any grand and expansive plans though.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      what i'm thinking is....say Jane has high speed and can download. Anyone that can't, sends jane the subscription price, plus a little more for cd's and postage. Jane sets up an account for each person, pays for each sub, then downloads/burns to cd the episodes and mails them out. (Or maybe they'll do something like that for us that can't download)

then the studio gets their money, no one is freeloading, and peopel still get to see it.

Or maybe that's a topic to bring up to damian...that there are people out there that simply can't download and will there be a way for them to see it too

This is a great idea.

I had already sent an email to the participate email address about downloadability, including the fact that many people don't have the speed to be viewing streaming video.
      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
      Anon

Comment

Hi there

Fistly thankyou to everyone posting links and info regarding the Amanda chat last friday

Secondly thankyou for all the info and discussion bearing forth regarding Sanctuary. From all the info everyone has posted I'm now more optomistic that it may be something I would like to watch.

A big thanks to minigeek for the info just posted about the funding downloading and viewing info relating to the series. I just want to say I have a whole load of admiration for everyone who has put money into this project. There is no doubt about it they are taking a big financial risk.

On the topic of paying for the download - I think we should all stop expecting something for nothing. The reality is that nothing is for free and we all pay indirectly somehow for everything. Advertising that funds other enterprises is paid for via us - the eventual customer who pays for the huge advertising costs in the retail price.

I for one am really exited for the opportunity to support something directly without unwittingly supporting any other organisation. In addition, with the project being totally self funded there will be NO OUTSIDE PRESSURE directing the style and direction of the show. The people involved making the programme will be able to make their own creative decisions. That is something that we should try and support if we can, given that we suspect outside pressure is at least partly to blame for the devastating direction SG1 took in season 9.

As mini said $1.99 is a price of a coffee - well to be honest coffee over here in a cafe is probably $5 - I kid you not!! I for one will seek to purchse this series just on the basis that I want to support this type of venture. Perhaps this is the way to get the quality programmes we all want to see - by being prepared to pay for them.

As for a Samnda fund I think it a great idea. I shall Put my money where my mouth is and say that I will be prepared to sponser one UK Samandan who can't afford the download certainly for the first 20 eps!!!

I would rather do this than for someone to try and cheat the system somehow and get the episodes for free. If too many people go down that route then the programme will be pulled for lack of revenue. It sounds like individuals are risking a lots of their own cash - I hope we can all respect that and do the right thing!!

I can't tell you how proud I am of Amanda to be involved in such a thing

After saying all that I'm not sure how the system works and how downloading works. I too will be like Sky and hoping that I can pay for someone to download the eps onto disc and send to me via snail mail!!

Comment

**pops carefully in**

Congrats on all Birthday Girls/Boys...i have seen a few I hope you all had a wonderful day

**stammers**

I 've made some icons...You may snag(sp?) them if you want:

Hope you like them...and sorry if i post anything double...

Have a great day

((((Samanda))))

**pops out**
          sigpic

Comment

let's wait and see what they come up with before we go making any grand and expansive plans though.
            Fer Shur.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

This is the response I received:

Yes they will be downloadable. In fact they will be available by
              progressive download, so you can start playing it before it fully
              downloads (if you can't wait :-))

Dan Woodland
              [email protected]

I emailed him back and suggested they offer a "purchase on disc" option for those without high speed. I also asked about the expiration issue.
              Last edited by rderoch; 19 February 2007, 11:05 AM. Reason: new information
              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
              Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                The way channel 4 currently run things is that you pay your 99p and download. The show comes with a 48 hour license which expires 48 hours after the first time you view the show.
                That setup is cool. If I couldn't get my arse in gear within 48 hours, I'd wait until I knew I could

edit: oh, thanks for that info rderoch!
                scarimor

Comment

I don't think this is against the rules...

Off-topic, though. Sort of. Best Buy online (in the states at least - don't know if they deliver North of our border) has what I think is a Pres. Day online only sale. SG-1 S1-8 are onsale for $19.99 for any who don't have them. Nice surprise for me, since I got a giftcard and was wondering whether to buy S4 and S7 and can now get both.

Hope this helps someone

Comment

Happy Birthday, sg-1fanintn!

And a shippy one, at that!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                      Happy Birthday, sg-1fanintn!

And a shippy one, at that!
                      what she said
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Happy Birthday,

sg-1fanintn!
                        sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday, sg-1fanintn!!!

My LJ

Comment

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...AN/J-S-L-4.jpg
                            Another favorite Jack & Sam pic. I love the background scene!!
                            Happy Birthday SG1-fanintn!!
                            I hope you have/had a GREAT day!!

Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 19 February 2007, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Happy Birthday, sg-1fanintn!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley View Post
                                As for a Samnda fund I think it a great idea. I shall Put my money where my mouth is and say that I will be prepared to sponser one UK Samandan who can't afford the download certainly for the first 20 eps!!!
                                *raises hand*

Comment

Working...
                                X