No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jeez, i can't believe how excited i am about this show. it's like amanda tapping on crack for me!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!

k, i'm calming myself down here,
    sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
      I have to agree with you on this Eve sometimes I to am very nervous about posting in Samanda because I don't always feel as I belong and being a newbie is difficult enough without feeling unwanted by "oldies" I'm sure no "oldie" does this on purpose and I to don't say this to upset anyone just hoping that if we say how we are sometimes left feeling then we as a whole group can try to change this

Julia(samcarterrules)
      I wholeheartedly agree.

I feel left out too but it's not something you say because I know it's just the way I feel as opposed to the way i'm being made to feel. I know nobody is doing it on purpose.

Wendy
      Hugs
      sigpic
      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
        Hmm, I wasn't trying to imply that people shouldn't be able to chat about Sam if they so desired. I was only stating that for me personally, there isn't much interest left in discussing the same things over and over. It's nothing personal, I just have a hard time doing anything repetitively. The fact that I've even watched my SG-1 dvds more than once has my husband in awe.

But since you are the thread starter and it seems as if I've misunderstood the thread topic, I think I'll take my discussion over to the Sanctuary thread and the AT appreciation thread should one be created and I'll check back here in July/August when we start to get new information regarding Sam.

Kat
        I personally think it should all be here and you should stay and discuss both Sam and Amanda as well as Sanctuary/Helen and other characters.

Wendy
        Hugs
        sigpic
        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Just a note,

On the official Sanctuary website, in the "contact" section, did you guys notice it's another new pic of Amanda with an old-style looking brimmed hat on???

The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
          |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
            I wholeheartedly agree.

I feel left out too but it's not something you say because I know it's just the way I feel as opposed to the way i'm being made to feel. I know nobody is doing it on purpose.

Wendy
            Hugs
            I read this place for a few weeks before I jumped in. I still don't post a huge amount, but I have never been made to feel unwelcome. The pace of the posting might be a bit imtimidating. But the Amanda/Sam lurve is worth it.

We all tend to have a snarky sense of humor. And/or gutterminds at times. Just join in!

suse
            sigpic
            Mourning Sanctuary.
            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
              I read this place for a few weeks before I jumped in. I still don't post a huge amount, but I have never been made to feel unwelcome. The pace of the posting might be a bit imtimidating. But the Amanda/Sam lurve is worth it.

We all tend to have a snarky sense of humor. And/or gutterminds at times. Just join in!

suse

Not unwelcome. I thought you guys were very welcoming. It's just intimidating to post in conversations you don't always 'get' so I stick to the Sam and Amanda conversations.

I'm snarky so you would think I could ...

Amanda is the reason I come here.

Wendy
              Hugs
              sigpic
              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

People. For the love of... We do this EVERY YEAR. Sam thread. Amanda thread. Career thread. Thunk thread. Happy thread. Sad thread. Pro thread. Con thread. NEEDLE AND THREAD. What is the huge deal? If you don't like reading about Amanda's other projects, skip the post(s); or start a parallel conversation about Sam Carter. No one's talking out loud, it won't be difficult to 'hear' both conversations at the same time. And we can all get on with our lives and the things that really matter. Now everyone I just deeply and irrevocably offended can go off and have a good cry - then come back feeling refreshed. Everyone I haven't yet managed to offend can answer a quick question for me.

Sam's been a Lt. Colonel now for a couple of years; has she been in grade long enough to be promoted? I don't recall how long it's supposed to be...

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam View Post
                  Just a note,

On the official Sanctuary website, in the "contact" section, did you guys notice it's another new pic of Amanda with an old-style looking brimmed hat on???

i don't stay on the santuary page too long, though, because i'm listening to some rock music ('dream theater' rocks!) and the show music is distracting. but yes, i saw it.

(isn't amanda cute )

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

I personally think it should all be here and you should stay and discuss both Sam and Amanda as well as Sanctuary/Helen and other characters.

Wendy
                    Hugs
                    I think the same way as you actually...I think changing thread is not worth it...just one thread and maybe just change the title into something that show it isn't only about Sam but about everything Amanda does...honestly that is something we've been doing all along...why change that??? I mean then we can talk about everything related to Amanda... I think making another thread would be confusing...So maybe we need to make a new thread and drop this one completly...or just change the title of the thread into a general title about Amanda...Just an idea eh

Originally posted by suse View Post

suse
                    It is not that I feel unwelcome...It is just sometimes it is hard to post...Well it is for me...I am not going to lie about it...Cause 50% jokes I probably don't get cause they are inside jokes...or jokes about other threads..that I don't read...
                    I do feel that this thread is intimidating...It can make you very uncomfortable... and I think that is also why a lot of people don't post often...afraid of it... and I mean if you are a really big fan of Amanda this isn't going to hold you back but if you are just new to SG-1 and not such a big fan of Amanda (not yet) I can see that you will stop posting here...and that is something we should try to prevent...

And for the humor...I think it is nice to have some humor in here but sometimes it is hard to get if you aren't native English person of American and to ask it then is just stupid IMO...

Sorry again if I offend people...that is really not something I want to do but this is just how I feel about things...

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post

Sam's been a Lt. Colonel now for a couple of years; has she been in grade long enough to be promoted? I don't recall how long it's supposed to be...
                      Umm... I have been told when I asked that question that she is eligible for promotion. Whether or not they'll do that is another question... They don't seem to like to promote her without promoting the boys as well, which would only perpetuate the chain of command problems on SG-1 and Atlantis.

But... They may opt to do it... :shrugs:

Comment

Wendy
                        Hugs
                        That makes sense to me. It would seem pretty hard not to discuss AT's new role here and this seems like a natural place for it. General discussion such as overall episode critiques probably would belong in a Sanctuary thread--kind of how we've (tried) to do with SG1 episodes. I believe our resident mod has had to on occasion nudge us back on topic. And though it's like herding cats it eventually works. But for those who may not be interested in or able to view the new show, I think we will still have lots of Sam to discuss. We'll have the rest of Season 10 and next year's Atlantis episodes.

Comment

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

this is something done on the shipper thread -

lurkers out there, i see you! (or i see you're 10 guests at the bottom of the page ) so, lurkers, do you have any fave sam moments you'd like to share?

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                              If you go to Stage3Media's website and click on productions there is more information on Sanctuary http://www.stage3media.com/Productions.html.
                              Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                              Switching gears, I just listened to the music at the Sanctuary website. If the writing keeps pace with the musical score, then we're in for some serious melodrama and suspense. Very, very interesting .............
                              I'm getting a feeling of a mix of Highander meets X-Men meets Men in Black. If that's the case, I might very well be able to get into it. It sounds like a very interesting premise.
                              Last edited by KatG; 12 February 2007, 04:41 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

i don't stay on the santuary page too long, though, because i'm listening to some rock music ('dream theater' rocks!) and the show music is distracting. but yes, i saw it.

(isn't amanda cute )

sally
                                Lol, i'm also listening to some tunes; a crazy crazy choral song by Eric Whitacre called "With a Lily In your Hand" My chamber choir is currently rehearsing it up for some trips/festival's were doing in the coming months. IT'S AN AMAZING SONG *falls off chair*

And yeh, Amanda's just adorable It always cracks me up to see her in funny headwear...

Like in

Spoiler:
                                The beginning of... Counterstrike? I think? Where she's wearing that painters/frenchman's almost beret style type hat thingy...

teehee (((((((((((((Amanda)))))))))))))
                                The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                                |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Working...
                                X