Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fly-by post!

An invitation for a special event at the Sam/Jack Ship Family Discussion Thread....this Sunday, February 11th...

(placed in spoilers so those who are not interested will not have to read it)

Spoiler:
    Here's the official invitation to:
    ;;;

Please stop by with some stories, piccies, observations, etc., and help make Valenship special...

Comment

wasn't there a new ep of sg1 on today for the brits? if so, SPOILERS for sam's part please!

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        wasn't there a new ep of sg1 on today for the brits? if so, SPOILERS for sam's part please!

sally
        speaking of which, i have a dilemma;

the timer on my dvd recorder didn't work tonight, and my mam didn't video tape if for me (which was my backup). which one do i throw out?

(ps edit: brits and irish)

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie View Post
          speaking of which, i have a dilemma;

the timer on my dvd recorder didn't work tonight, and my mam didn't video tape if for me (which was my backup). which one do i throw out?

(ps edit: brits and irish)
          How about both although maybe your dvd player is easier cause it will not try to do the opposite

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
            Spoilers for Atlantis 3x20 'First Strike':
            Spoiler:
            So Atlantis is adrift in space with very limited power... If the ZPM runs out, the shield fails and they all die.

I wonder if the timely arrival of a ZPM carrying ship (Odyssey maybe) is on the cards? We've heard that 'Carter is coming on her own ship' and we've seen her commanding the Odyssey before....

Just speculation of course

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            you know what's cool? becky shares the birthday of the newest member of the family. i"m an auntie. 135am this morning, a healthy little girl
            Congrats!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
              Soooo, in all the waiting for Sanctuary info, I have discovered the following about the location:

It is extremely windy – over a week of steady, strong winds from N-NW and gusts strong enough to move chains and gates.

The society is advanced enough for metallurgy.

Haunted mansion décor is familiar, thus we can infer the planet topography may again be familiar.

The byproduct of burning (i.e. smoke) is red, therefore, we might be dealing with non - carbon based flora, fauna, or other life-forms. hehe

Roots grow very quickly.

Soon is not quantifiable.

And best of all, not new news, but added for happiness effect...

AT is one of the bosses!

*Nemoism: Just keep spinning, spinning, spinning…*

One tiny snippet I did read somewhere was that one of the guys at a con on the weekend plays a vampire in one of the eps.

I'm fairly sure I read it on this forum somewhere.
              -

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                you know what's cool? becky shares the birthday of the newest member of the family. i"m an auntie. 135am this morning, a healthy little girl
                SQUEEE! Congratulations Sky!!!! I remember when my first niece was born. Sooo exciting.

Hugs,
                geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Hey Skydiver - congrats on Auntie-dom!
                  sigpic

Comment

Can we call you Auntie Skydriver? Congrats. Let the shopping begin!

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it."--Thucydides

Comment

dipsofjazz posted these pics over on another thread. They are nice Sam ones and I thought you all might like them. They are from 'Bounty' and thanks DOJ, I hope you don't mind me sharing.

Comment

i just came over here to bask in the love of this thread. i just came from the 'tapping gates to atlantis' thread (or whatever it's called), and i'm sooooooooo sick of reading the haters... and it's not that i can't stand any criticism of sam/amanda, it's the *delivery* of it. there's criticism, and then there's annihilation.

in this thread, sam and amanda are GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(((( ))))

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                          i just came over here to bask in the love of this thread. i just came from the 'tapping gates to atlantis' thread (or whatever it's called), and i'm sooooooooo sick of reading the haters... and it's not that i can't stand any criticism of sam/amanda, it's the *delivery* of it. there's criticism, and then there's annihilation.

in this thread, sam and amanda are GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(((( ))))

sally
                          (((sally)))

I heartily suggest putting at least one of those people on your ignore list, it will do your blood pressure a lot of good.
                          -

Comment

'Bounty' spoilers:
                            Spoiler:
                            It was a more comedic episode than anything. Mainly Cam and Vala focused, but did have good involvement of all of SG1.

*SG-1 destroy a Lucian Alliance cargo ship and the LA aren't too happy. So the head honcho puts out a bounty on SG-1's heads.

*Cam's folks lives in Auburn, Shawnee County, Kansas and I assume that's where he grew up. How close is that to Sky?

*Sam and Dr. Lee are at some conference (Cam and Vala are at his reunion, Daniel is at some library and Teal'c is off-world with the Free Jaffa Nation) where they are unveiling new technology (Lee was doing this prototype plasma cannon thing and Sam was showing off the Asgard holographic technology that they had used in the cover up during 'Covenant'). Also, those girls were clearly flirting with Sam but they had to settle with Dr. Lee. No doubt Sam picked up though.

*Sam is giving her keynote speech but there is a sniper up in the roof (going for the bounty on her head) but when he takes the shot he doesn't hit anything because Sam was using the holographic technology to give the keynote So she immediately scans the room and picks out the sniper, gets the prototype laser thingy that Dr. Lee was unveiling and pwns the sniper with it. Of course, the press are none the wiser and seemingly assume it was part of the presentation and give her a standing applause lol (the laser cannon thing had earlier malfunctioned during Lee's speech).

*Sam is introduced to her keynote as a '9 year veteran of the Air Force's deep space telemetry program, as well as senior consultant for applied technologies and two time winner of the prestigious Binder prize for advancements in theoretical physics'. As far as I know there is no 'Binder prize' in RL and considering the numerous placements of the writers name's throughout the episode I have no doubt it was named after Carl Binder (staff writer on Atlantis). Obviously in the SG universe there is some award called the 'Binder prize' though

*Later, Sam, Teal'c and Daniel go to rescue Cam and Vala who have been taken hostage by another bounty hunter at Cam's reunion. They use teh holographic display that Sam used earlier to trick the bounty hunter and beam him straight up into his ship where Sam and Teal'c are waiting with P-90's pointed at him. Pretty cool.

*Sam was hot. Vala was pretty hot too... So it wins points in my book. Also, there was unmistakable Sam/Vala in this ep - Vala is pleading with Cam to take her to his reunion and she mentions Sam first when she's complaining that everyone else has gone so she has nothing else to do. Another canon reference to Sam/Vala

Comment

Originally posted by kir_fect View Post
                              Can we call you Auntie Skydriver? Congrats. Let the shopping begin!
                              Agreed! Congrats Aunti Skydiver!! You will have so much fun shopping for all the clothes and toys.

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                                (((sally)))

I heartily suggest putting at least one of those people on your ignore list, it will do your blood pressure a lot of good.
                                How do you do that? I skip those people's posts, but sometimes I move my mouse too quickly or too slowly and could not help but reading a fragment here and there by accident. I wish there is a way for me to filter them out automatically and completely. Usually I avoid the Sam/Amanda hater threads like plague, but unfortunately they show up in the episode specific discussion threads too.

Comment

Working...
                                X