No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and pretty soon she'll be known as a dark haired cutie. Which I think suits her.
    : Now you, you I would listen to if you were reading a phonebook.
    Geeky : Oh brother...
    : See I love this whole sexy librarian thing...

Supporting Samantha Carter as leader of Atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
      Umm, Agent Dark, I thought you might want to move to Canada and get a part on the series then they could ship Amanda's character with you.

Actually, like I said earlier, I really hope they don't play the ship card right away. If something develops naturally then great fabulous, but I'd really rather see her character develop and grow for awhile. I'm not antiship by any means (see sig), but onscreen ship too soon is liable to look forced.

*cough*Vaniel*cough*
      (Not trying to offend anyone...just my opinion of course.)

We don't want that!
      Here I totally agree!!! No not with the part about AD...Or maybe a little bit Let him have his fun eh

I would say about the shipping part...If they will force it upon us I will totally NOT like it...if it is like it comes spontaniously (is that even a word??) I think this might be fun... I think if there are little things like looks, and touches and so on...that leads to ship not a problem for me but if I might be honest I rather not have ship in it!! I think a show without any obvious ship is good... I mean ship that isn't written in...Maybe there can be ship in it if you want to see it...but I rather would not want have it written in...

Honestly I still can't wait till we hear something more about what it is about...the suspense is killing me but I think it is a good idea to be so mysterious...that way people want to know more and with the fact that it is a new concept (the internet thingie ) it is good that people want to know what it is...then maybe they will be really DL it when it is on the net or however you need to do it

Comment

Originally posted by SamCarterFan View Post
        Since it's an internet series kinda thing, does that mean that we have to pay for it in order to see it or something...? Not that I wouldn't, I most defenitely would if I can see amanda. I'm so anxious to know what it's all about... it's driving me nuts!! But when I look at the site I defenitely think it's a thriller maybe even something supernatural, considering the little boy...
        Although, paying hasn't been mentioned. It would make sense if they did put a charge against each episode. Obviously, they have to earn some money from making this show.

Or it could just be the amount of downloads... I dunno.

I'm hoping for supernatural more than thriller... it does look very mystery/appocalyptic. Which suits me just fine.

Wendy
        Hugs
        sigpic
        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          ... there's two huge bonuses to this project:

1- we get to see more amanda!

2- it's groundbreaking! whether it takes off or not, it'll be remembered as one of THE first to do something like this.

i'm VERY excited!

sally

Did someone mention 'groundbreaking'?!

HAPPY GROUNDHOG'S DAY!

If I see my shadow, Sanctuary is a success!
          If I don't see my shadow, I get two free passes to TVM!
          I can't lose!!
          Last edited by ChopinGal; 02 February 2007, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post

It's possible I'm dense.

Actually, it's highly probable that I'm dense, but I don't get it

Wendy
            Hugs
            sigpic
            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
              It's possible I'm dense.

Actually, it's highly probable that I'm dense, but I don't get it

Wendy
              Hugs
              Sorry, if you live in the USA or Canada, February 2 is known as Groundhog Day and whether a groundhog sees his shadow or not has to do with how much longer winter will last.

Google "groundhog day" for details!

Comment

Sorry, if you live in the USA, February 2 is known as Groundhog's Day and whether a groundhog sees his shadow or not has to do with how much longer winter will last.
                *sheepish grin* ah, thank you for the explanation.

And since I live in the UK, it greatly explains why I did not know anything about that.

So, all I gotta hope is the groundhog sees his shadow then eh? Cool.

Wendy
                Hugs
                sigpic
                Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

*sheepish grin* ah, thank you for the explanation.

And since I live in the UK, it greatly explains why I did not know anything about that.

So, all I gotta hope is the groundhog sees his shadow then eh? Cool.

Wendy
                  Hugs
                  LOL, now ya got it! If you noticed, Mr. Groundhog is being accompanied by a gent in black tie attire. The groundhog is a big fan of Amanda's and attends all her awards shows ...

"I'd like to thank Phil, my biggest fan, for his down-to-earth advice and support."
                  Last edited by ChopinGal; 02 February 2007, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
                    How did I not notice that small boy in the Sanctuary poster? Gah!

The only horror movies that ever really terrified were the ones with creepy/evil children.

Oh, and I couldn't sleep for months after that X-Files episode with that guy with no legs who pulled himself around on a trolley. It was the creepy squeaking of the wheels. Couldn't he take over other people's bodies or something? Does it ring a bell for anyone? I would like to re-watch it because it probably isn't that scary.

Oh, completely off topic. The point was...

Do you think Sanctuary could be a thriller type... thing?

I really don't like horror or scary movies. Never have, but my sister and mother love them. I'm not sure if they still do it, but when I was in highschool every Friday the 13th, they would have a big horror movie marathon on USA and we'd invite all our friends over and sit in the livingroom and watch movies together. I remember one time we were watching a movie and someone made a comment about the movie not being so scary and my sister said "Maybe, but have you taken into consideration that today is Friday the 13th, my brother's name is Jason and we live in on Elm Street? Be afraid. Be very afraid." hehe

I think that's the only thing that would prevent me from watching the new series is if it turned out to be something like that, but I can't imagine Amanda or the other men involved in this project doing a horror series. I think something like that would be very hard to do week after week.
                    Last edited by ForeverSg1; 02 February 2007, 07:07 AM.

Comment

LOL, now ya got it! If you noticed, Mr. Groundhog is being accompanied by a gent in black tie attire. He's a big fan of Amanda's and attends all her awards shows ...
                      Mr Groundhog gets special treatment AND apparently all the fun! I'm jealous, Mr Groundhog, very jealous *turns green*

Wendy
                      Hugs
                      sigpic
                      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Although, paying hasn't been mentioned. It would make sense if they did put a charge against each episode. Obviously, they have to earn some money from making this show.

Or it could just be the amount of downloads... I dunno.

I'm hoping for supernatural more than thriller... it does look very mystery/appocalyptic. Which suits me just fine.

Wendy
                        Hugs
                        They could also use advertising to pay for the series, it would be hard to start a first of it's kind internet series and ask people to pay for it.
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

HAPPY GROUNDHOG'S DAY!

If I see my shadow, Sanctuary is a success!
                          If I don't see my shadow, I get two free passes to TVM!
                          I can't lose!!
                          Punksutawney Phil DID NOT see his shadow this year.

Spring is earlier, thus the certain new project slated for spring, will start earlier, yes?

Not a success, nah. Do I still get the TVM passes and an all-expense paid trip, and time off work?
                          Last edited by tagger; 02 February 2007, 07:16 AM. Reason: speling :)
                          Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                          Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                            I really don't like horror or scary movies. Never have, but my sister and mother love them. I'm not sure if they still do it, but when I was in highschool every Friday the 13th, they would have a big horror movie marathon on USA and we'd invite all our friends over and sit in the livingroom and watch movies together. I remember one time we were watching a movie and someone made a comment about the movie not being so scary and my sister said "Maybe, but have you taken into consideration that today is Friday the 13th, my brother's name is Jason and we live in on Elm Street? Be afraid. Be very afraid." hehe

I think that's the only thing that would prevent me from watching the new series is if it turned out to be something like that, but I can't imagine Amanda or the other men involved in this project doing a horror series. I think something like that would be very hard to do week after week.
                            I think the post-apocalyptic scenario seems a good bet. I just love seeing her in the middle of the promo pic and definitely "in charge" of something! Or Amanda as a leader of a band of rebels/misfits in a dystopian society?! (At least it looks that way.)

I've been waiting since the S9 debacle to see her in charge of something again even if it's another world, another show. Way to go, Amanda!

Comment

LOL, now ya got it! If you noticed, Mr. Groundhog is being accompanied by a gent in black tie attire. The groundhog is a big fan of Amanda's and attends all her awards shows ...

"I'd like to thank Phil, my biggest fan, for his down-to-earth advice and support."
                              but CG, Amanda is Canadian and lives in Canada so shw would be thanking Willie (as in Wiarton Willie)
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Hey Y'all! I just wanna say I've been hangin' arround here for the last day's, not posting anything.

Oh yeah, 'bout the new serie: I think it's great, I'm sure Amanda (altough brown haired) will be a shimmering star, on and off the show.

PS I hope we don't need to pay for it, I don't have a VISA card and, I don't know if my dad would pay for it. But I'll try to watch it, one way or another.

Ideas, anyone?

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Working...
                                X