Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tara3583 View Post
    I liked the fact that she thought Sam was a well rounded character but she would have liked to see Sam as a leader, that was such a missed oportunity from tptb and such a shame for Amanda not to do that.

I hope we still see more of Sam's story after next year as i'm not ready to let go of such an amazing character, on the other hand i do want to hear about Amanda's new project and to see her in other roles.
    When I think of all the missed opportunities by TPTB....*sigh* It would have been so interesting! Anyway, I'm not quite ready to let go of Sam Carter either, but best of luck to Amanda in whatever she does!

Comment

Originally posted by alittletoolate View Post
      Hello.
      I haven't been on the forums for over the year.
      I just thought I jump in say hello for no real reason.
      And I say, who else ships Sam with anyone?
      *waves to altl*...hello right back at ya...I like to ship Sam with Jack...can't see her with Daniel coz IMHO they share a brother/sister type bond...can't see her with Teal'c...much...but open to it...only if Jack is an absolute no no coz he's either bad or dead...definitely can't see her with Janet, Vala or Cam...but I know there are some out there who could...I'm just not one of them...but definitely a Sam/Jack shipper...can't help it...there's just so much UST there with those two
      (I'm gonna cop it now aren't I??!!Sorry!! )
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
        Thanks for the update

And oh...isn't Sam great?
        Yes she is....and so is Amanda...she's awesome!!!
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
          If she could rig it for silent running, she'd be a millionnairess, I'm telling ya!

Personally, I reckon Sam could bite her tongue.

Don't spank me, Sky, it's the fever talking!
          Correct me if I'm wrong...but hasn't that already been done...the silent running thingy...thing...sorry...bad night last night...really bad...needing some happy release here!! hehe
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            Hmmm? We seem to be getting back to the doohickey discussion
            Oh...we were talking about doohickeys?? D'oH...gotta love those doohickeys though
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
              FYI for those that skip the GW homepage and come to the forum first Sky's interview with Amanda was posted tonight. Click here to go to interview
              Thank you tsax...I read it and listened to it and loved it...and Sky has got such a sweet voice...very quiet...not like imagined Sky at all
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                Thanks! I really enjoyed listening. I think it's neat Amanda has GW bookmarked and that she knows about the thread here. And Sky, you have such a sweet voice. I couldn't imagine you getting all mod on someone! I'm also so jealous you got to talk to her one on one like that. Very cool. Another thing I liked was
                Spoiler:
                how if she could do an ep it would be about the characters. I'd love an episode like that myself.
                Ahhh...see...I'm not the only one who thinks Sky has a sweet voice...and I'm glad that Amanda has GW bookmarked too...hope she comes to visit us here one day...and here in Australia too...hubby said I could go to AT4 if there is one...yay...is a happy little vegemite!!
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

It's very quiet here tonight...only a few pages to catch up on...anyway...just wanted to say goodnight and hope you're all having a good day or night...take care everyone, be safe and stay happy!!
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                    Thank you tsax...I read it and listened to it and loved it...and Sky has got such a sweet voice...very quiet...not like imagined Sky at all
                    First thanx tsaxlady for the link, saying that it was on the site

And yep i agree with ya Chelle, i just heared the interview(i had only read it today, because i did it on school and we can't listen to anything there )

And Sky, you have indeed a really sweet voice...i *almost* say cute
                    Oh yeah thanx for taking the interview i really enjoyed it It was great
                    sigpic

Comment

i'm glad you guys like my voice, i hate it.

but i did have my fangirlish fantasy moment. 30 minutes with amanda, getting hugged by rick...hey my fandom life is complete.

the only fantasy i have that will never come to pass is actually witnessing taping. But that won't ever happen, and i'm cool with it. I was fortunate enough to see the set during one of the gatecon tours.

i'm glad you guys like the interview, and it is thanks to you. I used questions that folks from here had submitted.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                        FYI for those that skip the GW homepage and come to the forum first Sky's interview with Amanda was posted tonight. Click here to go to interview

Great interview!
                        ... and all the memories of AT2 come flooding back...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          i'm glad you guys like my voice, i hate it.

but i did have my fangirlish fantasy moment. 30 minutes with amanda, getting hugged by rick...hey my fandom life is complete.

the only fantasy i have that will never come to pass is actually witnessing taping. But that won't ever happen, and i'm cool with it. I was fortunate enough to see the set during one of the gatecon tours.

i'm glad you guys like the interview, and it is thanks to you. I used questions that folks from here had submitted.
                          Sky, what a wonderful interview, and you have a lovely voice I think its so cool that Amanda has GW bookmarked. There were some great questions and Amanda always gives great answers, the last part made me all emotional, Amanda's words were so heart-felt when she talks about the rest of the cast and crew its amazing after all these years... they all still like each other. (Here's to SG-1, Past, Present and future)

Well done Sky,

PS next time could you leave a Kleenex warning on the interview. LOL

Julia(samcarterrules)
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Great interview.

Thanks Amanda and Sky and everyone here who submitted wonderful questions!

Documentaries? Yay, that would be cool! We would get to see the world from a compassionate, kind perspective.

Can't wait for whatever the next project is.....
                            Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                            Quint Studer

Comment

Great interview, Sky!

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                                I agree ann sgcfan, and I can't wait to see her new character. With this hair, I would never think Sam. I remember when CB was scheduled to appear in her first episode of SG. I expected Vala to be an Aeryn. Now, Claudia totally brought it, and now when I see CB I see Vala. (Aeryn who?) Amanda could also make me believe she was anyone no matter what her hair length because she is such a talented actress (think about the subtle differences she gave us between the AU Sams, geeky Sam, and Replicarter). But with the longer hair, there will never be a moment when we see Sam. It will be all about whoever Amanda creates on screen for us this time.
                                In Ripple Effect I totally forget they're doing camera tricks. It just seems like different people to me. And that's totally the case with RepliCarter too.

Great interview with AT, Sky. She seemed so relaxed with you. Great to get those Samandans' questions in there too.

Comment

Working...
                                X