• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam (thinking): I miss those days.
    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
      I thought it was rather karmic and beautiful that one of his son's middle names also happened to be Steven, so I asked his permission to share their news here with you all. A coincidence which I think in some ways, represents how eternal the circle of life really is.

Love to everyone,
      mg
      Wow, I know how you feel. When I got to work this morning I was thinking about the pain that has been shared in this thread recently. I was standing at the counter in a reflective mood. As the first customer approached, I smiled sweetly as usual but noticed that his returning smile didn't quite meet his eyes. When he put his purchase on the counter, I realised he was buying 2 greeting cards... one sympathy card and one congrats on the birth card. That really had me thinking, in the same way the coincidence of your friend's son's name does.
      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        that's a cute expression on sam's face. what's going on right then to make her have it?

sally
        I'm pretty sure she's looking at/talking to Vala (ie her girlfriend)

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
          *pats AD's head indulgently*

Yep. I believe Vala's question was, "So, dinner at your place, right?" and Sam replied, "But of course..."

Comment

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d9...y/SamThink.jpg

Several of you have made comments about the above picture in rep post asking how I made it - well that is a screen cap from the "Timeline to the Future" special on the 100th episode special DVD that MGM gave out at comic con several years ago. So it was not me doing anything special other just pausing the DVD at the right time.
            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

that's a cute expression on sam's face. what's going on right then to make her have it?

sally
              Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
              Not positive Sally but I know it if from "The Quest" and I think it is after the scanner has stopped working and Vala says they way out is "back that way".
              I loved this little scene! Yep, the scanner had stopped working.

Vala: "We could just retrace our steps and try our luck with the Ori soldiers."

Sam: "Do you know the way back?"

Vala (looking a bit uncomfortable, shrugging and indicating some undefined place behind her with a roll of her head) "That way."

Sam (amused grin)

Sam: "We have to be exact. Any deviation from the path of real time and we could end up frozen like the rest of those people."

I loved the way Sam said this to Vala. It was just as gentle as her grin.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                I don't exactly know where I stand on this. I don't think that anyone who expresses their condolences is wrong. However, for as long as I've been a fan of Stargate, it seems that AT has been relatively private about her family. And I can totally understand why. She has many, many fans who care about her and what goes on in her life, but that doesn't necessarily mean that she wants that to spill over into the lives of her loved ones.

I've met Poz in person, and she's been able to let us know how she's doing on the thread because of our community, which is so great. I have no problems with expressing my condolences to Poz, someone whom I really do know personally.

On the flip side, I don't really see Amanda Tapping as a member of our community. She's the reason why we've all come together and met each other on this forum, but very few of us here really know her personally like we do Poz.

That doesn't mean I think people shouldn't say what's on their mind about what's going on in AT's life, but I honestly don't think we can compare our closeness to a forum member to our admiration of AT.
                This is exactly how I feel about this as well. It's not that we don't feel sympathetic for Amanda's loss, but in my opinion this is a private matter that should never have been posted on a public forum. Yes, Amanda posted her acknowledgement that this tragic event had occurred, but she did so only after the rumors had been plastered all over the internet. I find it truly sad that instead of grieving with her family, she had to give up precious time to sit down and write a response. That to me was an invasion of her privacy and by continuing to post about her loss on this thread we are only perpetuating the situation even further.

If you want to send your letters of sympathy, then do so. Or if you would prefer to show your support by signing Kamil's card, then do that, but can we please stop the bickering as to who is showing the most support for Amanda because I seriously doubt that she would find any joy reading all the argumentative posts in between the condolences. I know I wouldn't.

I vocalize my sympathizes for Poz's loss because she came to this thread and shared her loss with me and everyone else. She's been keeping us informed about her mother for quite some time now. This has not been the case with Amanda. When and if Amanda ever chooses to delurk and post her feelings regarding this issue, then I will be more than willing to offer my deepest heartfelt condolences, but for now I believe she simply needs time to deal with this loss on her own terms.

Please do not take offense with my words. They are not directed at anyone in particular and please forgive me if this issue has been laid to rest. Try as I might, I have a difficult time catching up with the thread anymore so I'm often pages behind with my responses.

Kat
                Last edited by ForeverSg1; 02 January 2007, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31 View Post
                  See, I was right... it was Sam talking to her girlfriend

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                    That's you ShimmeringStar...hamming it up.

suse
                    *oink oink*
                    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

sally
                      Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                      Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                      *pats AD's head indulgently*

Yep. I believe Vala's question was, "So, dinner at your place, right?" and Sam replied, "But of course..."
                      Originally posted by SamFan31 View Post
                      I loved this little scene! Yep, the scanner had stopped working.

Vala: "We could just retrace our steps and try our luck with the Ori soldiers."

Sam: "Do you know the way back?"

Vala (looking a bit uncomfortable, shrugging and indicating some undefined place behind her with a roll of her head) "That way."

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...est_Vala_1.jpg

Sam (amused grin)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...uest_Sam_2.jpg

Sam: "We have to be exact. Any deviation from the path of real time and we could end up frozen like the rest of those people."

*pats AD on head and offers Sam/Jan distractions*

Cam: "No, Mal Doran, I'm not."
                      Vala: "Yes, you are, I met you first..."
                      Cam: "Ask Sam, why don't you?"
                      Vala: "Colonel Carter?"

Sam: "He's soooooo mine."
                      Cam: "You heard the Colonel..."

Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
                        It'll be about time for some smiting or whumpage in the story.... Strix? Scari?
                        Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
                        Whumpage!?
                        LOL! "You rang?!"

C'mon... you know you're up to say... 800 to 900 Words of Whumpage, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          how about this....some slight organization. Since kamil pops his head in here, he can help keep us up to date.

he'll put up SS's chapter. Then the next person that wants to write calls dibs. they do thier thing, e-mails it to kamil, tells us that it's been e-mailed. then the next person calls dibs, etc, etc, etc.

the only snafu that can come up is if someone outside this site decides to join in, but given the holidays and that no one else has, i don't think that's too much of a chance.

we'll organize ourselves and take turns calling dibs and the like and see if we can get this done, oh maybe by the end of january for a valentine's gift?????

I'm not officially setting a deadline, cause that's not my place, i'm just putting forth a suggestion.

as soon as SS's fork is up, she or kamil can let us know, someone else can call dibs on the next one and we'll go from there

How's that strike y'all???
                          Sounds good to me and of course Kamil would have to post the forks to read before anyone can call dibbs on the next to keep the flow of the story intact.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                            This is exactly how I feel about this as well. It's not that we don't feel sympathetic for Amanda's loss, but in my opinion this is a private matter that should never have been posted on a public forum. Yes, Amanda posted her acknowledgement that this tragic event had occurred, but she did so only after the rumors had been plastered all over the internet. I find it truly sad that instead of grieving with her family, she had to give up precious time to sit down and write a response. That to me was an invasion of her privacy and by continuing to post about her loss on this thread we are only perpetuating the situation even further.

I totally agree that that person should not have posted that information. That was an invasion of privacy! Totally wrong.
                            To me sending condolences is not wrong but having her come here where we all admire and care for her, to see no comforting words is.

If you want to send your letters of sympathy, then do so. Or if you would prefer to show your support by signing Kamil's card, then do that, but can we please stop the bickering as to who is showing the most support for Amanda because I seriously doubt that she would find any joy reading all the argumentative posts in between the condolences. I know I wouldn't.

I'm sorry you feel they are argumentive, I'm just stating how I feel and putting myself in Amanda's place because I've been there, twice now. I thrive off the support here and offline. It's help keep me out of that deep depression that's pulling at me even now. I just feel words of sympathy would help Amanda too.

I vocalize my sympathizes for Poz's loss because she came to this thread and shared her loss with me and everyone else. She's been keeping us informed about her mother for quite some time now. This has not been the case with Amanda. When and if Amanda does ever delurk and post her feelings regarding this issue, then I will be more than willing to offer my deepest heartfelt condolences, but for now I believe she simply needs time to deal with this loss on her own terms.

Please do not take offense with my words. They are not directed at anyone in particular and please forgive me if this issue has been laid to rest. Try as I might, I have a difficult time staying caught up with the thread anymore so I'm often pages behind with my responses.

Kat
                            None taken Kat. 'Life moves on' and now so should we.

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                            Agreed, and for that reason I'll try to keep this short:

Condolences are sweet when you're recently bereaved, but if you receive them unexpectedly long afterwards they can be more pain than comfort. If Amanda reads this thread / forum (and I reckon she has in the past) it's unlikely she's able to be very current. To see condolences out of the blue in a few weeks time might be...

Not for me, they comfort me to this day.

Sky and Kamil and Julia care deeply about Amanda, and are in touch with each other, and if an opportunity comes to organise or arrange something that fans can do to give Amanda welcome support, please trust that Sky will let us all know as soon as.

As we all do here! Honestly I think a condolences thread should have been initiated in the beginning so Amanda could choose whether or not to read it in her own time.

I'll delete this post in a day or so.

Time heals but the memories are not forgotten. It does become a bit easier to talk about your loss as time passes by. After 2 1/2 years of losing Dan, I still deeply miss him but I don't tear up as I used to when he's spoke of. I'm sure the same will be of my mother.

I will honor your wish Mad and delete this post in a few days. Please remind me if I forget, these next three days will be rough for me. The funeral is Tuesday .

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
                              Please remind me if I forget, these next three days will be rough for me. The funeral is Tuesday .
                              Maria, you have been and will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers, but especially on Tuesday. <hugs> And hope you've got lots of real arms around you too.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
                                None taken Kat. 'Life moves on' and now so should we.
                                As we all do here! Honestly I think a condolences thread should have been initiated in the beginning so Amanda could choose whether or not to read it in her own time.

Time heals but the memories are not forgotten. It does become a bit easier to talk about your loss as time passes by. After 2 1/2 years of losing Dan, I still deeply miss him but I don't tear up as I used to when he's spoke of. I'm sure the same will be of my mother.

I will honor your wish Mad and delete this post in a few days. Please remind me if I forget, these next three days will be rough for me. The funeral is Tuesday .
                                Poz I am nervous writing this because I've only been visiting Samanda for a few months and don't want to cause any trouble, but I agree with you about the condolence thread, there maybe should have been one, that way all the condolences would have been together in one place and then if Amanda came on to GW she could choose whether she was ready to read them or not, you know maybe after a month or so of the tread being active the mods could close it to new posts maybe even hide it(don't know if they can do that) until Amanda asks to see it, this way we get to still love and support Amanda without talk of this sad event being the first thing she sees the next time she visits Samanda, this is just a suggestion and just MHO and not intended to upset anyone.

And Poz I will be thinking and praying for you and your family on Tuesday ((poz))

Julia(samcarterrules)
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Working...
                                X