Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
    I was capping somethings for somebody tonight and caught this one - that it would be fun to Caption:

Sam: "Seven"
    Cameron glares at Sam.
    Sam: "I'm not saying anything. Just Seven..."
    Daniel nods, carefully not looking at Mitchell.
    Teal'c: "What Colonel Carter is not adding, Colonel Mitchell, is that this is the seventh time in the past two months whereupon someone has stolen your pants. We are concerned that this is more than coincidence."
    Last edited by Deejay435; 27 December 2006, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
      I feel your pain....literally!!

I bet you do! (((((SG1Poz))))
      sigpic
      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        New Years eve is this weekend....so, how is sam's preferred way to spend it????
        Sam will fiddle with her doohickies on base until about 1700, then she'll go home and fiddle with her favorite doohicky.....Jack's in town.

Comment

I've been offline for a couple of days-Christmas stuff really wore me out.

I'm just catching up with the thread. I'm very sorry to hear about Amanda's brother. I can't imagine what it must be like to lose a sibling. My thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
            This was so much fun to read, Kat. And Gate gal's experience while shopping for her DVDs. Which gives me an idea ...

Samandans, have you come out of the wormhole closet?! Do your friends and family know about your (choose one):

a) strong interest in
            b) obsession with
            c) devotion to
            d) willingness to travel great distances for
            e) all of the above

Stargate SG1 and all things Amanda

How did you break the news to the outer world? Or, are you still hiding your Stargate magazines under your bed? Stashing your boxed sets of DVDs in back of your husband's video library?

Come out, come out wherever you are ... fellow Samandans, how did you first get hooked on the show and especially Sam Carter? How long have you been watching? Have you ever attended a con? Whose autographs have you managed to get? What do you plan to do once Season 10 comes to an end?

Mine would be "E" (Although D is stretching it-I am willing to travel monsterous distances, but unable to afford such things just now. )

And yes, I am out of the wormhole closet. Out of the "weirdo sci-fi geek with online friends" closet too.

Someone on my LJ last week asked what our "cover story" was when explaining online friendships. My answer was "Huh? I never though of that. It might have saved me many a peculiar look."

I just always let people know that part of my personality up front. Partially because watching them react to it amuses me. Plus-best they know that about me upfront, that way they can decide if I'm "too weird" for their aquaintenship early on.

A friend introduced me to SG1 back at the end of Season 8. First episode I watched was "Threads" then a series of Season 2 episodes. SAm stood out to me from the first. I rarely keep interest in a show without a strong female who really catches my attention. I need the woman to identify with-the hot guy is nice-but the strong woman who is real enough to identify with is a must.

Seeing Sam made SG1 a must.

Comment

Hi! I have heeded the call of the delurking and have returned to this thread to sad news.

My heart goes out to Amanda and her family . What a terrible event to occur, especially in this season of joy .

I'm also sad that there is animosity on this thread at the moment. I very much doubt that Amanda would want to see anyone feeling or acting unhappily. This thread has always been a fun place when I manage to visit...precisely because Amanda attracts those kind of fans.

Anyways... I'm now off to wade through the thousand pages that have appeared since I was last here! I'm taking a torch and some snacks. If I get lost..send a search party!

Comment

Originally posted by crazedturkey View Post
                Hi! I have heeded the call of the delurking
                Well, we're glad to have you. Now I'm not going to go all out, because I tend to save that for brand new members, but you still get a cool pic.

And your screen name is making me hungry!

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                  I was capping somethings for somebody tonight and caught this one - that it would be fun to Caption:

We know where Cam has been shopping!

Video. Umm... I would say this might be PG-13?
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I'm now off to wade through the thousand pages that have appeared since I was last here! I'm taking a torch and some snacks. If I get lost..send a search party!
                    That's how I felt last night. This thread is a very busy place. I'll give you 2 hours then we'll send the search party. Of course, if you are going to get lost then I can't think of anywhere better than Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                      Well, we're glad to have you. Now I'm not going to go all out, because I tend to save that for brand new members, but you still get a cool pic.
                      Thankee muchly!!!

And your screen name is making me hungry!
                      I wouldn't eat me..you might catch crazy

Comment

I think it's too late...

Comment

Hi! I have heeded the call of the delurking and have returned to this thread to sad news.

My heart goes out to Amanda and her family . What a terrible event to occur, especially in this season of joy .

I'm also sad that there is animosity on this thread at the moment. I very much doubt that Amanda would want to see anyone feeling or acting unhappily. This thread has always been a fun place when I manage to visit...precisely because Amanda attracts those kind of fans.

Anyways... I'm now off to wade through the thousand pages that have appeared since I was last here! I'm taking a torch and some snacks. If I get lost..send a search party!
                          Aw...it's okay crazedturkey.

I don't think there's animosity...just a healthy disagreement. And that's natural for a kingdom as diverse as Samanda. But no one's come to blows just yet, nor do I anticipate it happening.

We all want the best for Amanda though and will protect her from what we perceive as threats to her well being and privacy...that will never change. But she knows we're human and we don't always agree with what's best in every situation...in fact, it'd be unnatural for us to always agree on everything.

I believe she also knows that she can come here if she wants to and see our comfort and support about this specific issue as well as read our continued general appreciation for her as a person and for the terrific character she plays.

I think we'll all do just fine as long as we continue to respect Amanda and each other...even and especially when we disagree...and continue posting what we normally do...great debates over episodes, silly caption me games and such.

Balance is the key.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                            Sam: Oh yeah...I'm up for a game of "chicken"...F-302 style.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Thankee muchly!!!

We can't catch what we already have.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                                We can't catch what we already have.

Heh . Although can we go down the path of not eating me anyways ?

Comment

Working...
                                X