No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, minigeek! It was so worth being on page 2 for that one!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
      Wow, minigeek! It was so worth being on page 2 for that one!
      Thanks.
      That's a really old one.
      I thought everyone had already seen it!

Full version:
      http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4219/...h1117051lg.jpg

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
        Thanks.
        That's a really old one.

Full version:

mg
        i haven't seen it before..but i'm not that long here...yet

And it's really pretty
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
          $200 million? Our fantasy is too small here. When you consider that the government will take half, and we want to fully fund AT conventions, plane tickets included, in perpetuity, buy our own cabana boy and hearing dog training ranch, buy a publishing company and the Stargate book rights, and control all Jello stock for the next century, we'll need at least $202 million.

*begins evil scheming*
          Can we please have those recently unemployed Stargate men for our cabana boys? Dibs on RDA for my personal cabana boy, but you gals can share the others.

O.K., a quick story but it relates back to Sam. My daughter was working on her math this morning, and the three year old that spends her days with us was watching intently. My daughter puts her pencil in her hair then pushes her hair back with her fingers and sighes, and the little one asks her why she is doing it. Cedera replies, "I'm gonna be a scientist like Sam, so I have to practice running my fingers through my hair when I'm thinking." Now, I consider myself a pretty big Sam fan and I've never really paid much attention to that little detail. Does Sam run her fingers through her hair when she is thinking? If so, how pathetic is it that my eight year old noticed and I didn't?

Comment

Wow mini, astounding sketch! Especially the way you've captured her eyes
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

So the Save SG-1 video contest has ended and the grand prize winner has been announced. I love the winning one...with the cat? I think that was supremely clever. I am a bit surprised because when I checked a couple days or so ago, it was down by like over 1,000. I voted for it but honestly didn't think it had a chance given the advantage the one over it had.

So congrats to Furling's pet Tauri for a superbly clever video!

Can I whinge and pitch a hissy for a second though???

//start whinge

I didn't even make the honorable mentions.

//end whinge

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                Wow mini, astounding sketch! Especially the way you've captured her eyes
                Thanks. it is computer enhanced, but still a fav of mine.

Comment

Thanks.
                  That's a really old one.

Full version:

mg
                  Wow, MG thats amazing well done, thats some talant you got.
                  I made 100 post
                  I wanted to make it in Samanda because its become my second home lol Thanks for making me feel so at home ((((((((All Samandas))))

Julia(samcarterrules)
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                    I made 100 post
                    I wanted to make it in Samanda because its become my second home lol Thanks for making me feel so at home ((((((((All Samandas))))

Julia(samcarterrules)
                    Congratulations on 100 posts Julia!!

And Ooober? Don't fret hun! You're always a winner in OUR eyes. And who matters more, right??? ((hugs Ooobs))

geek

Comment

I made 100 post

Julia(samcarterrules)
                      Congrats on 100 posts!!!

Comment

I made 100 post

Julia(samcarterrules)

congrats on 100
                        sigpic

Comment

Congratulations on 100 posts Julia!!

And Ooober? Don't fret hun! You're always a winner in OUR eyes. And who matters more, right??? ((hugs Ooobs))

geek
                          I know...I know...

It hurt to learn I didn't make the top 10...but it was a bit more upsetting I didn't rate the top THIRTY.

I'll live. I'm just not used to placing so low when I compete.

Hey...maybe it's a character building experience...thing. It'll help me grow...help me mature. Help me become the type of person that I want to be. Maybe it's a good thing after all!!!!

Nah...I prefer winning.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                            I know...I know...

It hurt to learn I didn't make the top 10...but it was a bit more upsetting I didn't rate the top THIRTY.

Hey...maybe it's a character building experience...thing. It'll help me grow...help me mature. Help me become the type of person that I want to be. Maybe it's a good thing after all!!!!

Nah...I prefer winning.

Hey, you know you are #1 in our books

Now get cracking on your next video, there is always the Stargate Fan Awards
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Criticism is character building, for sure. Besides which, whenever a piece of art is "judged" there is no right or wrong. There are technical qualifyers certainly but in this particular instance I sincerely doubt that those doing the judging were all technical experts in the field. What mattered here was creative concept and I think a lot of subjectivity. That doesn't mean your piece was any less deserving of praise, only that this particular judge/panel had something different in mind when they were looking for their "winner". So don't feel bad. You're right, it's a learning experience, you produced a great piece of work, one you were proud of and no one can take that away from you. So keep plugging, do whatever moves you and the rest will certainly come.

mg (Imagine if the Academy Awards were really about which movies were actually the best? ).

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                              I know...I know...

Nah...I prefer winning.

Comment

Wow, mini! That artwork is amazing! And Ooober, you're still the deepest person I know.

Comment

Working...
                                X