No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To everyone on the BEST thread in the Forum, I'm about ready to depart. Bags are packed, sorta, meds are packed, definitely.......money, clothes, nothing pink........I know I'm forgetting something. I honestly think I'm about one more stressor away from a total break from reality. I just want to get on the plane, and of course, a storm is predicted to hit us, right around our scheduled departure time. I'm so calm.....

Anyway, just wanted to say good bye to everyone who isn't going to either Gabit or Avalon. I wish you all could be there.....that would be absolutely amazing! I wonder how Amanda would feel about having her entire thread in one room. Wow, that's a scarey picture, isn't it?

Take care and I promise to give Amanda your love, I always do!
    On fighting:
    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
      I dunooo...... we just did a coffee run here and just for a lark we asked 24 random people walking down Yonge street here in T.O. whether they knew who Amanda Tapping was. ZERO people knew!!! None of them had ever watched Stargate before and only six of them had ever even heard of it!!!!!!! Lets talk bad promotion shall we? Whoops. Oh well, it's just CANADA. Where do they produce that obscure Stargate show anyway?

mg (On the up side, I think a bunch of people downtown now think I work for CITYTV... heheheheeee!!)
      This is funny considering that Amanda spent most of her growing-up years in Toronto!!

And I'm sure you've heard how she once went with her cousins in Buffalo to a neighborhood bar for a girls' night out when she had been playing Sam Carter for just a couple seasons. The bartender kept looking at her and one of the girlfriends couldn't keep quiet and told him that AT was on TV and asked him if he knew who she was. He checked her out a bit more and finally answered "Buffy"!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
        We can always hope mini would get lucky and the customs agent would be a Sam/Amanda fan. Someone should really talk to the GABIT folks about bringing in blue jello for the convention. That way we wouldn't have to risk our own troops on such a dangerous mission.
        Thanks to DEM, I am in a position to bring a slab of weapons grade blue to GABIT.

scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
          This is funny considering that Amanda spent most of her growing-up years in Toronto!!

And I'm sure you've heard how she once went with her cousins in Buffalo to a neighborhood bar for a girls' night out when she had been playing Sam Carter for just a couple seasons. The bartender kept looking at her and one of the girlfriends couldn't keep quiet and told him that AT was on TV and asked him if he knew who she was. He checked her out a bit more and finally answered "Buffy"!
          Funny and sad too
          I guess if you're not on one of the big networks, they just don't know you. (or it's scifi snobbery) Well at least she can do normal stuff without having to worry too much about being followed

I was watching the red carpet coverage for the Gemini's and didn't even get a glimpse of Amanda Sad, considering she's been working in Vancouver (close enough ) for 10 years and still the Canadian press tends to ignore the show
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
            Thanks to DEM, I am in a position to bring a slab of weapons grade blue to GABIT.

If memory serves me right, last year Amanda made the G4 come on stage and eat jello with chopsticks - her prank and Julia won the event!

Was the jello blue?! Someone will answer this I'm sure. I think it was ...

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
              Okay now, blue jello will fit in the suitcase, but I don't think CJ will
              CJ gets a lot of attention on this thread ...

Comment

Minigeek checking in at customs:

CO: Would you please open your suitcase ma'am?

Mini: *looking nervous* Um, do I have to?

CO: *giving mini the look* Yes ma'am you do.

Mini: *starting to turn red, opens suitcase*

CO: *Looks in suitcase, looks at Mini, looks in suitcase again* Ma'am, why do you have a suitcase filled with blue jello mix?

Mini: *thinking: Darn it Mandy, you never told me this would happen* I, ah...um...

CO: Securtiy!

Reminds me a tad of the science fiction book i am reading at the moment ("The Machine's Child" by Kage Baker"). It's about cyborgs, and these immortal cyborgs have a very different reaction to chocolate/cocoa powder than humans, and it results in them basically 'getting high' off chocolate.
                So, blue jello...

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace View Post
                  Reminds me a tad of the science fiction book i am reading at the moment ("The Machine's Child" by Kage Baker"). It's about cyborgs, and these immortal cyborgs have a very different reaction to chocolate/cocoa powder than humans, and it results in them basically 'getting high' off chocolate.
                  So, blue jello...
                  Hmmm? I always thought there was something addictive about Blue Jello
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I notice there has been a little discussion about photos at Gabit. I was wondering if it would be at all possible to get a group photo of you guys at Gabit (only those who feel comfortable with being in a photo of course) for some of us who can't make it. Wouldn't necissarily have to be posted online in the thread, could be emailed to those who are interested? I know it's a big ask, but I thought I'd just toss it out there on the offchance.

I'm also greatly looking forward to seeing the digital version of minigeek's poster after it's been presented. It sounds like it's going to be fantastic .

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Lida View Post
                      To everyone on the BEST thread in the Forum, I'm about ready to depart. Bags are packed, sorta, meds are packed, definitely.......money, clothes, nothing pink........I know I'm forgetting something. I honestly think I'm about one more stressor away from a total break from reality. I just want to get on the plane, and of course, a storm is predicted to hit us, right around our scheduled departure time. I'm so calm.....

Anyway, just wanted to say good bye to everyone who isn't going to either Gabit or Avalon. I wish you all could be there.....that would be absolutely amazing! I wonder how Amanda would feel about having her entire thread in one room. Wow, that's a scarey picture, isn't it?

Take care and I promise to give Amanda your love, I always do!
                      Have a safe journey and of course, have loads of fun
                      -

Comment

Well, my 6 year-old son has had a "crush" on Sarah Michelle Geller since he was an infant and would shut-up and watch the screen everytime she was on it. And he's recently devloped a sort of thing for SG-1 himself, especially Replicarter episodes, so the bartender might be on to something...
                        (Yes, Eve, that's the same boy with the blonde-hair blue-eyed girls circling around him )

Hmmm? I always thought there was something addictive about Blue Jello
                        See, I was trying to figure out why catching up with the list this evening was rather like watching drunks play ping-pong. So that explains it perfectly. There really is something oddly addictive and dangerous in blue jello, which also explains it's being banned in certain areas.

Perfectly clear.

Comment

I hadn't heard that story! Thanks for sharing it! I bet Amanda had a blast with that comment.
                          Originally posted by deepspace View Post
                          I notice there has been a little discussion about photos at Gabit. I was wondering if it would be at all possible to get a group photo of you guys at Gabit (only those who feel comfortable with being in a photo of course) for some of us who can't make it. Wouldn't necissarily have to be posted online in the thread, could be emailed to those who are interested? I know it's a big ask, but I thought I'd just toss it out there on the offchance.

I'm also greatly looking forward to seeing the digital version of minigeek's poster after it's been presented. It sounds like it's going to be fantastic .
                          Oh, I love that idea! It would be cool to put some names with faces!
                          Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                          See, I was trying to figure out why catching up with the list this evening was rather like watching drunks play ping-pong. So that explains it perfectly. There really is something oddly addictive and dangerous in blue jello, which also explains it's being banned in certain areas.

Perfectly clear.
                          I just finished a great big heaping bowl of blue jello, but I can quit any time I want. I just don't want to yet. Blue jello rocks!

Comment

Hi guys,

I was wondering do we get blue jello in the uk? I leave tomorrow for London, I'm going shopping today I could bring some too. Stupid question, but what does it taste like?

I think a group samanda picture would be fantastic.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                              Hi guys,

I was wondering do we get blue jello in the uk?
                              No, we don't. I think it may have something to do with the colour additive Blue 1 requiring an arms licence for international transportation

In fact the additive is legal thoughout the Europe Union now, but historically some Continental countries did ban it. More importantly, the general public is disinclined to give additives to their children - note the demise of the blue Smartie, and indeed the recent removal of all artificial colouring from Smarties.

I leave tomorrow for London, I'm going shopping today I could bring some too. Stupid question, but what does it taste like?
                              It tastes sort of blueberry - in that it has an additive for "tartness".
                              Last edited by scarimor; 15 November 2006, 01:25 AM.
                              scarimor

Comment

Everyone who is heading off to go to GABIT and/or Avalon -

Have a great time and a safe journey and bring back lots of stories to share with us on your return.
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X