Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sam tinkers with her bike in The Curse

as to the sarc, it was implied that it fixed jack because it was a recent injury wehre as the jaffa are programmed since birth (ryac's body started to shut down if he wasn't gonna get his primta)

now, theoretially, nirrti's machine should have fixed them

if they'd wanted to think of that and remember, but it is that pesky canon stuff
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      sam tinkers with her bike in The Curse
      Thank you
      scarimor

Comment

Hey, guys!

Just popping in to say stuff, like, I think David Deluise would make a great voice actor for a Disney puppy-coming-of-age movie. On Stargate... he coulda played Sam's favorite barrista who dispenses light advice with his mocha lattes. Maybe, after Grace, she could even have toyed with the idea of dating him, but it turns out he has a guy in his life, leading Sam to conclude - just as every woman in her situation inevitably does - that all the good men are either married, alien or gay.

On Tretonnin: I hate that stuff! I want the Goa'uld back, if not as the nemesis of the galaxy, then at least as a constant reminder that they exist as a species and continue to pose a potential threat.

If they insisted on getting tretonnin out among the "free" Jaffa, then make something of it: have divisions among the Jaffa, opposing views, wars of attrition where powerful Jaffa withhold tretonnin from lesser Jaffa, or let the crime lords sell it.

On upcoming eps;
        Spoiler:
        The Road Not Taken - that title has so much potential. Is it Sam's road not taken? The SGC's, Earth's? If it's Sam's RNT, then I anticipate romance.

Can't say I'd like that, no matter who the sig other is (the one exception being that "there's an alternate version of Jack O'Neill out there that actually understands what the heck Sam's talking about" - POV)

If it's the SGC's then I expect drama and stuff getting blown up. If it's done in the style of TBFTGOG, it could be good, but, ya know, we already saw TBFTGOG, so....

On the B@B writing complex, intelligent stories, I kinda envision their brainstorming sessions this way:

'A' pitches brilliant, complex and intelligent story.

'B' 'C' and 'D' explain why certain aspects of brilliant, complex and intelligent story won't work, because of: past canon, budgetary constraints, a Jack-like inability among those assembled to grasp certain concepts deemed "brilliant," "complex" or "intelligent."

'D' absently scratches doohickey, deep in thought.

'C' farts, causing everyone to laugh and happily abandon train of thought, momentarily. Farting contest ensues.

'B' tells 'A' that he did like the part in the story where the ship explodes. 'A' thru 'D' enthusiastically get back to work, starting with the brilliant, complex and intelligent concept of ship exploding in big, no bigger... BIGGER!!! ball of fire.

'D' okay's 'A's concept, saying that they'll work the story and characters around the key scene.
        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Tell Fandemonium you love Sam Carter: here

scarimor

Comment

Just re-watched In the Line of Duty again, and again I'm thinking how awesome it would have been if Jolinar had of stayed around for a multiple episode arc. I know it wouldn't have really fit in with the episodic nature of SG1, especially coming right on the heels of the S1 finale/S2 opener 2 parter, but an arc where Jolinar escapes through the gate and the Ashrak hunting her over several planets while the SGC attempts to find her would have been well wicked. They could have worked in elements from the Tok'ra 2 parter later in the season (which I didn't think was that well paced) as well. Jolinar on the run, Sam still convinced she's been taken by a Goa'uld, Jolinar attempting to convince Sam that she's not a Goa'uld, Ashrak on their heels, Jack, Daniel and Teal'c pushing themselves to find Sam before it's too late, NID/Maybourne pressuring the SGC to study Sam - so much potential

On that note, does anyone happen to know of any AU fic set around that time? I remember looking at a few, but I can't really remember much about them...

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess View Post
              Hey, guys!

On the B@B writing complex, intelligent stories, I kinda envision their brainstorming sessions this way:

'B' 'C' and 'D' explain why certain aspects of brilliant, complex and intelligent story won't work, because of: past canon, budgetary constraints, a Jack-like inability among those assembled to grasp certain concepts deemed "brilliant," "complex" or "intelligent."

'C' farts, causing everyone to laugh and happily abandon train of thought, momentarily. Farting contest ensues.

'B' tells 'A' that he did like the part in the story where the ship explodes. 'A' thru 'D' enthusiastically get back to work, starting with the brilliant, complex and intelligent concept of ship exploding in big, no bigger... BIGGER!!! ball of fire.

'D' okay's 'A's concept, saying that they'll work the story and characters around the key scene.

ROTFLOLOL

the sad part is, i can see that happening. reallyand truthfully see it. I guess that means that i'm a sad person

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post

anyone think we can convince fandy to finish up the subs from TWO YEARS ago???

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                  On that note, does anyone happen to know of any AU fic set around that time? I remember looking at a few, but I can't really remember much about them...

i did changing fate/letting go of the past

then the Secrecy Trilogy

in changing fate, sam kept jols for a bit, then got rid of her. letting go of the past is set in and around Secrets

the Secrecy Trilogy deals with the nid getting sam and jols, who then escape and they have to deal with teh fallout

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess View Post
                    Hey, guys!

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    ROTFLOLOL

the sad part is, i can see that happening. reallyand truthfully see it. I guess that means that i'm a sad person

No Sky, you're not the sad one, it's the reputations that follow the B@B that is really sad
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

This is something I had to wrestle with in my Barbarian fic. It's a right pain checking transcripts

Fortunately the show hasn't been specific about how long Teal'c manages on his tretonin, whether he can ration it, and how much he normally carries. And Moebius wasn't specific about how long SG-1 were in Ancient Egypt before Sam, Teal'c and Jack were killed.
                      Was that the story where
                      Spoiler:
                      they all packed extra for him?

Finding a new formulation of tretonin where the Jaffa can be weaned off of it would seem like something the Jaffa Nation should be working on. They probably don't have any scientists, though, so they'd need to work with Earth and/or the remaining Tok'ra. Of course the show isn't going to deal with science issues when there's so many things to blow up and so little time!
                      Edit: I posted this last thought before I read Sky & others' posts. I guess a bunch of us have the same view of the B@B.
                      Last edited by jckfan55; 20 October 2006, 08:26 AM. Reason: added point

Comment

Funny. I could've sworn I submitted one for this a while back, and it's not there. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, the same amount of names are there that were there before.
                        Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 20 October 2006, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                          Funny. I could've sworn I submitted one for this a while back, and it's not there. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, the same amount of names are there that were there before.
                          I KNOW I posted my 10 words too. And you're right...same list.

*leers suspiciously*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Quoting meself from last night because.. HEllO? Hosting a pre-show event here people!

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                            Got a head's up that GLOBAL TV issued their formal release today.

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/a.../19/c2293.html

Presenters for the 2006 for the 21st Annual Gemini Awards telecast (Nov 4) include:

- Evangeline Lilly - Lost

- Shawn Ashmore - Terry

- Brent Butt - Corner Gas

- Nicholas Campbell - Da Vinci's City Hall

- Wendy Crewson - The Man Who Lost Himself

- Cheryl Hickey - Entertainment Tonight Canada

- Shaun Majumder - This Hour Has 22 Minutes

- Cara Pifko - This Is Wonderland

- Amanda Tapping - Stargate

Prior to the broadcast, Amanda Tapping of Stargate will Host a special
                            presentation of awards, immediately followed by the hour-long televised
                            programme of additional awards.

Sweet. Quite a coup!

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                              Quoting meself from last night because.. HEllO? Hosting a pre-show event here people!
                              It's great mini, but it's pre-show as in no show to see
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                                It's great mini, but it's pre-show as in no show to see
                                D'oh, you know what? You're probably right. It's the technical thing. Damn. I'll have to see if I can get a copy of that from one of the operators afterward. (and they're bound to show clips from it). But if I can get a master, I'll definitely compress it and share.

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Working...
                                X