Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    I'm sure everyone has heard that Amanda and the cast and crew of SG-1 are in the 2007 Guiness Book of World records for the Longest Running Consecutive Sci-fi Television Show. There has been some controversy as of late as to whether or not Stargate is truly deserving of this title or not... but I'm not here to discuss that world record.

What some of you may not know is that Amanda was involved in setting another world record last year and it is also inside this same book (page 84). There is small picture of Amanda and the Gabit attendees above the following excerpt.

MOST CURLY WURLYS STRETCHED IN ONE VENUE

On October 30, 2005, at the Renaissance Hotel in Heathrow, UK, 126 members of the "Get Amanda Back In Town" (Gabit ) fan club - a group dedicated to Stargate SG-1 star Amanda Tapping( UK ) - each stretched a curly wurly candy bar.

The aim of the record is to stetch the chocolate carmel lattic as far as possible in three minutes.

So Amanda made it into the record book twice this year.

Someone there also set the record for longest stretched curly wurly that day, but sadly that record was broken four weeks later. I'm sure most of you have already heard about this, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

With only 40+ days left until AT2, I've been thinking alot about last years event and the Guiness picture brings a huge smile to my face and I thought I'd share the excerpt.
    oh that's cool, didn't know of this record before. When I was in Berlin last week I had a quick look into the new 2007 Guiness Book of World Records, but I only saw the entry for the longest running sci-fi show..., with a picture of the cast with the 200th sign (or was it tha cake?), which was nice written and presented.

Thank you SO much Amanda! (Icons by various great artists)

Comment

Originally posted by MickSpeed
      oh that's cool, didn't know of this record before. When I was in Berlin last week I had a quick look into the new 2007 Guiness Book of World Records, but I only saw the entry for the longest running sci-fi show..., with a picture of the cast with the 200th sign (or was it tha cake?), which was nice written and presented.
      Yeah I think it was their cake. It was a very nice picture. For anyone walking past a book store, I think the picture for this is on page 180.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        Yeah I think it was their cake. It was a very nice picture. For anyone walking past a book store, I think the picture for this is on page 180.
        Is it actually normal that I'm as excited as a kid with a new chemistry set and a great big box of crayons on the first day of kindergarten ... to get a chance to actually meet the loverly and talented lady in a month or so?

Nevermind. Don't answer that. Who the heck wants to be NORMAL anyway!?! Not meeeeee!

geek

Last edited by minigeek; 05 October 2006, 11:59 AM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

I don't think anybody's mentioned this yet, but today at work I finally got to see the cover to the Season 9 DVD set and was pleasantly surprised to see that AT/Sam was front and center. I had sort of assumed, based on the show that Double B would be in that position. I was impressed, but not enough to buy it before I can afford Season 4...

Maybe the marketing guys know something TPTB don't?

Comment

Guys a quick mod reminder

Hotlinking is bad.

and hotlinking is directly linking to graphics from another site without that owner's permission

Now if you have space and host the graphic yourself adn hotlink it, that's fine and your business. But if you do not have the site's permission, you are not allowed to hotlink

any questions, just gimme a buzz
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
              Is it actually normal that I'm as excited as a kid with a new chemistry set and a great big box of crayons on the first day of kindergarten ... to get a chance to actually meet the loverly and talented lady in a month or so?

Nevermind. Don't answer that. Who the heck wants to be NORMAL anyway!?! Not meeeeee!

geek

Well that makes two of us and I've already seen her three times in the past year.

I can honestly say I don't think I'd ever tire of seeing her speak at a con.

Comment

I got home early enough to see ITLOD today. I have to say that in addition to other great acting moments, AT does a great job in the gate room scene. Impatience & a hint of anxiety when waiting for O'Neill, the imperiousness of Jolinar & a great job wavering just slightly as the tranquilizer starts to affect her. I never tire of this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                  Sally-you have to read Vulnerability by Sam I Am. At least that's what chelle says. I have no idea. I'm just link girl.
                  And a very good link girl you are...thanks LAD. Have you not read it yourself LAD??? I challenge you to read it...I thought it was great...if it can have me crying it must be good...well kinda good...put it this way...it ends well!!
                  Morning all...how is everyone??
                  Can't stay...off to work...then I'm out tonight to visit my dad for his 60th birthday and my cousin is out from NZ...I haven't seen her for 21 years...well....technically speaking...I did go to see her last night...I'm so happy she's here ...we were crying all over each other last night...and here I am thinking it doesn't take much for me to cry...I think I'm just a sooky la la ...take care everyone and be safe!!
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek

geek

Don't worry mini, when I think of you, the word normal never comes to mind

Oh by the way, what is a curly wurly
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      it's not from the pics. i downloaded the video, then used movie maker to make a still of a scene from it and used that
                      *sigh*

Such talent, yet so little sharing of the wealth. How cruel.

Comment

SAMANDAN PETITION

We the undersigned, being loyal fans of SG1 and loyal denizens citizens of the Kingdom of Samanda, do hereby request that Sky, the Royal Census Taker does hereby make the dancer of spaz, the Royal Media Analyst/Documentarian MajorSal Madam Vice-President/Couples Counselor the Avitar she asks for. So that we the citizens of Samanda no longer have to hear said dancer of spaz MajorSal whinge about said avitar.

Signees:

Mandysg1 Royal Fertilizer Agitator/ Royal Bookie

edited to correct whinging Samandan
                        Last edited by Mandysg1; 05 October 2006, 05:31 PM.
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

i didn't know spaz wanted one. all i remember is sally. and the last time sally asked for something i almost crashed the GW server and it took me an hour so i kinda passed

spaz, i can make you one, i just need to know what you want
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i didn't know spaz wanted one. all i remember is sally. and the last time sally asked for something i almost crashed the GW server and it took me an hour so i kinda passed

Ooops, I must change the name to Sal....you know all these S'sss
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

*scowls slightly at Mandy*

Thanks! I actually don't wanna use one as an avatar, so much as I just want to see variations of the pictures when people are done playing with them. Though I might have to snurch Kat's and take you up on your offer anyway.

And, just to be a greedy whinging li'l cuss Samandan, is anyone gonna make a sig? Again, not for my own personal use; just because I wanna see it when it's done. Me gustan los bonitos.

Comment

Oops! Forgot to sign this...

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                                SAMANDAN PETITION

We the undersigned, being loyal fans of SG1 and loyal denizens citizens of the Kingdom of Samanda, do hereby request that Sky, the Royal Census Taker does hereby make the dancer of spaz, the Royal Media Analyst/Documentarian MajorSal Madam Vice-President/Couples Counselor the Avitar she asks for. So that we the citizens of Samanda no longer have to hear said dancer of spaz MajorSal whinge about said avitar.

Signees:

Mandysg1 Royal Fertilizer Agitator/ Royal Bookie

edited to correct whinging Samandan
                                the dancer of spaz Useless Royal Media Analyst/Documentarian

ADDENDUM 1: We also do hereby request that Sally, upon reception of aforementioned avatar, kick hug Mandy for her diligent efforts to promote democracy.

Just when you thought the "strike" feature was gone... Heh.

Comment

Working...
                                X