X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning

Nice cake MBR

Did Gillian Anderson get anything?

I don't know. I was wondering that too actually...

Comment

Originally posted by broken-heart
      Morning

Nice cake MBR

Did Gillian Anderson get anything?

I don't know. I was wondering that too actually...
      Sadly she lost out to Helen Mirren. Which is ok I suppose, since that's the only person I'd tolerate her losing to. She's A-M-A-ZING and really deserved this Emmy but oh well, next time

Yeah I'm really curious now. I'd so love to have seen SG take a bunch of awards after SciFi cancelling it!

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
        Amanda is in first place at celeeb, but she'll need lots of votes if she is to hold that spot until the end of the month.

Please help.

http://www.celeeb.com/amanda-tapping/
        I'm trying...but its' a pain in the mikta...and I forgot my password...what a pill!!!
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          What strikes me about Amanda is that beyond her obvious external and internal beauty and grace, she is one of those rare creatures who can play such an amazingly broad range of characters. I am continually amazed by her...both professionally as an actress and as a person.

In my mind, she is akin to Dustin Hoffman and Michael Keaton...someone who can do both slapstick and nuanced comedy and serious drama/angst. But even beyond that, she has the ability to be the science nerd...which I can't imagine either of those two giants to do well. Make no bones about it...being able to properly technobabble is a gift and Amanda has it. (Note to whomever hires her in the future: Please don't lock her in the science/geek box though. Her talent has such range. She has wings...please let her fly.)

Professionally, she's an action hero/comedian/drama queen with a splash of geek. Personally, she's a lovely woman, a gracious friend and a caring wife and mother.

Have we picked the right fandom, or what?
          Wow...that was a great post Oooober...very profound...she truly is an amazing person...she has inspired me in so many ways...yeah...I'd say we picked the right fandom for sure...and her fans are just as great...well the ones I've met here anyway!!
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
            Wow...that was a great post Oooober...very profound...she truly is an amazing person...she has inspired me in so many ways...yeah...I'd say we picked the right fandom for sure...and her fans are just as great...well the ones I've met here anyway!!
            Well said Ooober and chelle! Couldn't have put it better myself

I'm very glad that AT is on SG-1. Otherwise, I would have never discovered her great talent.

I hope AT is having a wonderful birthday!

350th post

Comment

Originally posted by myblackrose
              Was anyone else watching the Emmys? I was there to root for Gillian Anderson, but while I was watching I wondered, did Stargate ever get nominated for an Emmy or anything? It's a pretty damn outstanding show by anyone's standards....
              Atlantis got nommed for Best Music (Grace Under Pressure) I believe. Don't think they won though. Stargate has been nommed in the past for VFX and the like, but I'm not sure if they've won any of those either.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                What Canadianish thing did I say? Remember how close I live to the border-some of your culture can't help but seep in ya know!

Happy birthday belatedly anyway. I still should have said something earlier!

Now-as this is my 900th post, I have to say something profound and Sammish.

Hmmm.

I'm very impressed by the following Sam has. I've been re-doing my LJ layout, and as a result been following links to links to links to links for ideas, and assistance. In reading other journals I find so many people not from Samanda who adore Sam, no matter how much they like/dislike SG1 these days, no matter how they feel about other characters, no matter how much I agree with them on any other aspect of the show, it seems there is a lot of common ground to be found via Sam!
                Congrats on your milestone Deejay!!
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                  Heh heh...

Would this be a good time to mention how I compared SG-1 to the old kid's show when I first became a fan of the show?

Spoiler:

Sam - obviously Gadget. No question.
                  Chip and Dale - Jack and Daniel
                  Monterey - Teal'c, all the way (though he is a bit of a talker by comparison...

hmmm.

I suppose I should have a little talk with Nell soon, eh?
                  Spoiler:

Chip and Dale. Hee.
                  Gadget-for sure.
                  But, who is Monterey?

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                    Sorry this post is so very Off Topic, but I am absolutely in love with this at the moment and really wanted to share, also with the hopes of asking our resident Geologist if she knows any more detailed information about it.
                    http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...googlearth.jpg
                    Google Earth screencap

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...eworldwind.jpg
                    World Wind screencap

It gets even more interesting when you look at the elevation.
                    http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...delevation.jpg
                    World Wind screencap
                    Awesome pics deepspace...even though it was off topic...well worth posting it IMO...love that sort of stuff...thank you!!
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                      Psst! chelle db We just figured out it's not MajorSam's birthday, but I won't tell anyone if you don't
                      Really...how come it says it in GW..I feel like such a ditz...so when is it her birthday?? Did I miss anyone elses? Dang...this day just keeps on getting...bizarre...I took the car thru the car wash and forgot to turn off the radio so my arial got bent...then an account to which I deposit the rent got closed without notice...then I nearly ran out of petrol...poor car copped it bad today...then I had a...disagreement...with my best buddy...then that spread over to my other best buddy...then I couldn't get into GW...then I burnt the dinner...you gotta love Mondays...I need another beer!!...and after all that...I'm still smiling...and no..it's not the beer...well at least I don't think it is!!!!
                      Oops....sorry bout that little rant...fingers got a bit carried away!!

EDIT: I took it away...is that alright...I wouldn't want to post it if it's not her real birthday!!
                      Last edited by Chelle DB; 28 August 2006, 04:09 AM.
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Morning everyone...

Was anyone else watching the Emmys? I was there to root for Gillian Anderson, but while I was watching I wondered, did Stargate ever get nominated for an Emmy or anything? It's a pretty damn outstanding show by anyone's standards....

Ooooh and welcome welcome Hathor
                        GA looked pretty good.

SG1 Emmys.Never won.
                        Nominated for:
                        Outstanding Special Visual Effects for a Series in 05,04.02 (for 2 dif eps),01 (also 2 dif eps) and 00.
                        Outstanding Music Composition for a Series (Dramatic Underscore)
                        Joel Goldsmith
                        For episode "The Nox". in 98.

For more details:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118480/awards

Comment

Sadly she lost out to Helen Mirren. Which is ok I suppose, since that's the only person I'd tolerate her losing to. She's A-M-A-ZING and really deserved this Emmy but oh well, next time

Yeah I'm really curious now. I'd so love to have seen SG take a bunch of awards after SciFi cancelling it!
                          Yeah...I like Helen Mirren...but I would love to see Amanda get an Emmy...god knows she deserves it more than some other out there!!!
                          I wonder what SciFi would do if SG1 took out a whole lot of awards...silly buggers...fancy cancelling such a brilliant show...you know the young don't always listen!!!
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Happy Birthday Amanda.

Comment

Originally posted by broken-heart
                              Well said Ooober and chelle! Couldn't have put it better myself

I'm very glad that AT is on SG-1. Otherwise, I would have never discovered her great talent.

I hope AT is having a wonderful birthday!

350th post
                              Yeah...and that the pits...how come we never really get to see her other work here in Australia...except for the XFiles ep...I want to see more AT on our screens!!
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by kes
                                GA looked pretty good.
                                [rabidfanmoment] G *always* looks good! [/rabidfanmoment]

Spoiler:

Looking stunning, and quite pregnant

Sheesh I go to the store for what, 5 seconds, and this thread explodes! LOL!

I'm very surprised that SG didn't win an award for special effects... it really has some of the best out there, I have to say... that's sad... oh well, it's ours to appreciate anyway

I've noticed a few XF fans in here... did anyone else have a heart attack when they watched Avatar and saw a certain person? Skinner got *lucky*!

Edit: Ah chelle you mentioned it just before me! Sorry you're having a bad day hon, happens to the best of us *hugs and blue jello*

Comment

Working...
                                X