No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*sigh* I said I'd do a backup fic for the Sam ficathon. The person has requested a really, REALLY challenging fic. I've kinda got some ideas sorted, but I'm kinda not getting anywhere. Five pages in and I'm still doing exposition.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      *sigh* I said I'd do a backup fic for the Sam ficathon. The person has requested a really, REALLY challenging fic. I've kinda got some ideas sorted, but I'm kinda not getting anywhere. Five pages in and I'm still doing exposition.
      What's the topic? Maybe we can help or at the least offer our support!

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
        What's the topic? Maybe we can help or at the least offer our support!
        Hehehe. I think if I told you that, I might have to shoot you In all seriousness, I have the story sussed, I think. It's just that I managed to get the last one wrapped up in a few pages, and I have a feeling this one might be a bit of a long story! There's so much background and detail to involve that it needs to be long winded. It needs a lot of scene setting and exposition or it doesn't make sense. Basically, I want to let the readers know what's happening within the body of the text instead of having to do an author's note. And that's very difficult to do within the context.

Having said that, the request details (ie UserX wants: ) do almost constitute the said author's note.

But thank you ever so much for the offer

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
          Hehehe. I think if I told you that, I might have to shoot you In all seriousness, I have the story sussed, I think. It's just that I managed to get the last one wrapped up in a few pages, and I have a feeling this one might be a bit of a long story! There's so much background and detail to involve that it needs to be long winded. It needs a lot of scene setting and exposition or it doesn't make sense. Basically, I want to let the readers know what's happening within the body of the text instead of having to do an author's note. And that's very difficult to do within the context.

Having said that, the request details (ie UserX wants: ) do almost constitute the said author's note.

But thank you ever so much for the offer
          I understand your frustration. I love long stories, especially those that the writers put so much effort into, it really comes through with the finished product. Good luck and keep pushing through I'm sure the fic will be great!!

Comment

Fly-by post!

Found this morning on comcast.net (via AP). Nothing really new, just watching the word spread.....

http://www.comcast.net/tv/index.jsp?...23/461484.html

See you later today!

Comment

I just finished my music vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWX9Johp31g

Song: 'Freedom fighter' Creed
              Spoilers: season 9, the scourge
              Summary: Samantha Carter! (mostly as a fighter, a soldier, a human, a scientist,... ok just Carter would have been enough lol)

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje

Summary: Samantha Carter! (mostly as a fighter, a soldier, a human, a scientist,... ok just Carter would have been enough lol)
                Coolness

Which video-editing program do you use?
                scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje

Wow! Amazing RCtje
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                    Coolness

Which video-editing program do you use?
                    I only use Windows Movie Maker, nothing fancy... if only I had a better program that doesn't crash that often.

Comment

LOL! I always think of Amanda when I hear that song as well I always think of doing that as a video, but I'm not really sure how to do one!

Comment

Originally posted by aske
                        Has anyone ever done a video by KT Tunstel - "Suddenly I See" with AT/Sam as the focus?

Everytime I hear that song I think of AT/Sam and the way her fans adore and admire her.

I don't have the software or hardware for that matter to do vids, but if someone has or would do one based on this song I'd really appreciate a link so I can view it.......

Thanks!!!!
                        I actually don't know that song Am I missing something really big??? Cause otherwise I would do the song for you if you want...

Comment

Has anyone ever done a video by KT Tunstel - "Suddenly I See" with AT/Sam as the focus?

Everytime I hear that song I think of AT/Sam and the way her fans adore and admire her.

I don't have the software or hardware for that matter to do vids, but if someone has or would do one based on this song I'd really appreciate a link so I can view it.......

Thanks!!!!
                          As long as we're putting in request, how about one with Sam and her guys to Rascal Flatts "Me and My Gang.
                          sigpic

Comment

I am looking for some help. I have been entrusted to create this yeas official quilt for the Amanda Tapping a Weekend with her fans convention in London. I am looking for photos of Amanda. I am looking for pictures that are not screen caps. If the photos are copyrighted I would need expressed permission from the photo owner. So if you have been to a convention or an event where Amanda has been in attendence and you have photos please share with me. The money from the sales of this quilt will go to Amanda's choosen charity Hearing Dogs for the Deaf. If you share your photos with me I will only use them to make the quilt I will not pass your photos around. So any help you an give me would be greatly appreciated!!! You can e-mail me direct at [email protected] Thanks Liesl

Comment

It's very upbeat and positive - here's the lyrics if you're interested....and yes please do make a vid if you want to.....I'd be happy!

Spoiler:
                              Suddenly I See

Her face is a map of the world
                              Is a map of the world
                              You can see she’s a beautiful girl
                              She’s a beautiful girl
                              And everything around her is a silver pool of light
                              The people who surround her feel the benefit of it
                              It makes you calm
                              She holds you captivated in her palm

Suddenly I see
                              This is what I want to be
                              Suddenly I see
                              Why the hell it means so much to me

I feel like walking the world
                              Like walking the world
                              You can hear she’s a beautiful girl
                              She’s a beautiful girl
                              She fills up every corner like she’s born in black and white
                              Makes you feel warmer when you’re trying to remember
                              What you heard
                              She likes to leave you hanging on a word

Suddenly I see
                              Suddenly I see

And she’s taller than most
                              And she’s looking at me
                              I can see her eyes looking from a page in a magazine
                              Oh she makes me feel like I could be a tower
                              A big strong tower
                              She got the power to be
                              The power to give
                              The power to see

Suddenly I see
                              Suddenly I see
                              That is one of my favorite songs - it's beautiful!

Comment

Lastest news sounding good...maybe a series of TV Movies from SG-1 and quite definitely a new Series of Stargate. German SG-P.de News

Just sent birthday wishes to Kamil and to the guestbook of The Amanda Tapping Club, 'cause I'll go on holiday to Itally (Isle of Elba) tomorrow....

cu all and cross fingers for any and everything on and with SG-1 or Amanda,

Mick

Thank you SO much Amanda! (Icons by various great artists)

Comment

Working...
                                X