Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1
    I think that may be the consensus of most of us on the thread

I just wonder if Amanda is going to make a statement like MS did in the news section?
    I thought that also when i read Michael's staement, maybe she's still a little sad and is giving herself a little time before saying somthing to her fans.
    (((((((Amanda)))))))
    ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
      So for a mini-series... which characters does everyone think they would include?

I would like to see the Original Team showcased heavily, with Jack, Sam, Daniel and Teal'c front and center. It would be a great show of respect and acknowledgement for what these characters (and the actors who portrayed them) did for the franchise.

Personally, I'd be OK with other Stargate characters in the movie, either ones from Atlantis, the SGC, or Mitchell or Vala (if the last two were not central characters to the movie, because I'd like to see the original four get the movie or miniseries that was talked about for so many years).

I'd rather McKay wasn't in the miniseries - his character is just too 'large' - he dominates the screen and the scenes... too much is about him. And he's OK for Atlantis, but again, I'd like to see the original SG-1 get a shot back in the spotlight. McKay will be in Atlantis' movie or mini-series after their series ends it's final season.

I'd like to see the miniseries (or movie) focus on The Team (the original team). With all four of the original team having truly integral roles, where they *all* save the day - as a team. Where none of the four is The Lone Messiah, where none of the four takes on all-powerful supervillians on their own... but where they combine their efforts and energies in a way that The Team saves the day. And where they are all in the same place at the same time that they make it happen. Where none of them is just providing support or cover fire for the others who are saving the day. All four of them are 'saving the day' - and some other SGC personnel can provide cover fire for The Team.
      I agree I would like a miniseries focused on the original SG-1. Lost City 1 & 2 still rank in my top favorite episodes, and that was originally supposed to be a movie. I'm okay if Atlantis makes an appearance at the end to give a nod to the series that is still airing. I would be okay with Mitchell & Vala in smaller roles to give a nod to their one to two years on the show. However, I would be happy if the focus was on the Original team including Hammond and Janet. I have heard them mention, last year or the year before, doing a movie. However, it was going back to do a storyline set in Season 2 or 3. CJ was saying how much eye makeup Teal’c wore and how he wasn’t sure he wanted to go back to that. Now they may have already thrown that idea out. Honestly I hope it's not a current idea, because I don't really want to go that far back in time. I'm okay with going back to season 7 - 9. I'll even be okay if they set the movie after s10, but just a few changes.

Here is my question ... do they continue with the Ori storyline or do they bring ... possible spoiler for seasons before 10
      Spoiler:
      Baal and Kinsey (now a Goa'uld) back. Did we ever find out where Kinsey went? What better foe than Kinsey? Except maybe Kinsey taken as a host to a Goa'uld.
      Kinsey made it all the way to VP of the U.S., he knows a lot about the Stargate program, he has always tried to shut the SGC down and let's not forget his animosity toward Jack and SG-1. I think that would be a great storyline. Who knows more about Kinsey and the Goa'uld than the original SG-1.

Anyway there are my thoughts on the subject...
      Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 22 August 2006, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
        That makes three of us... Wait, 80 of us, you say? OK. 80's good.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435

I want more Sam Carter, but most of all, I want Amanda to be happy in what's she's doing. (((Amanda)))

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            And of course she'd have to be promoted to Bird Colonel, so they could even leave the rank insignia in place too.
            works for me
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i agree

mitch would not fit in unless they got rid of shep. can't have two alpha males - now need i point out that MAJOR mitchell might have fit in as a co-lead???

teal'c - eh maybe. but they already got ronon as thier big strong alien and persno of color. they don't really need two

vala - eh. all my dislike of vala aside, i don't see her fitting in that well. yes, she's a wild card. but what's the use of having the 'expert on the goauld and ori' around when you have no goauld and ori to fight??

daniel - i know folks would love it but again he's too strong of a charcter. and paired with vala, the two of them would really push the established characters out the door

sam - only as a ship's commander since that would give her occasional spots. the only other role i could see her in is weir's and that would be a horrible fandom battle and so not fair to amanda. not only would the more passionate daniel, vala, cam fans hate her but the weir fans woudl too (some of them, not all) that just wouldn't be fairl. she deserves so much better

siler and walter??? eh, i dunno. nothing aganist them but atlantis alreay has its cast of minor characters - my favorite Lorne for example.

now if sam got a ship siler and walter could be on her crew...that could work
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Landry might be a possibility. In the 'Atlantis has been naughty and needs to go to the principal's office' style guest appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle

I want more Sam Carter, but most of all, I want Amanda to be happy in what's she's doing. (((Amanda)))
                  Make that 83... lol

And I do want more of samantha Carter but only if they make her like the first 8 seasons!! Cause the way she is now, she is OOC. I mean I want the allround soldier back!!

As for Amanda herself as long as she does something that makes her happy I am happy and will folow her with everything she does!

Comment

Is 84 good?

She'll stay my favorite actress no matter what she does. I think she desserves doing what she dreams of after all those years!

Anyway... Thank you Amanda, for ever and everything!

Comment

Sam moving to Atlantis would be a bad idea because she is a main character, not a recurring character, and as such it would not be fair to have her in a lesser role in SGA. Unfortunately, that would lead to the decision of which SGA character would have to be bumped off to make room for Sam because without a doubt someone would have to go. If this happened, just thinking about the fan backlash against the character, and the actress, makes me shiver.

The only way I could see Sam being incorporated into the SGA universe without facing severe SGA fan backlash is if she replaces a SGA character that is written out of the show because the actor who portrays that character voluntarily leaves for another gig.

In any event, I really hope that all this cross-over speculation becomes moot because those that still care about the Stargates will somehow manage to keep SG-1 going. Before season 9, I was a sporadic viewer, but I enjoyed Season 9 so much that I decided to start watching SG-1 from the beginning and fell in love with the show. I’ve completed Seasons 1-3 and am pleased to say that Season 9, and so far 10 (even with all the changes) compares favorably to those early SG-1 seasons, so I’m hoping to see SG-1 continue.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo
                        Sam moving to Atlantis would be a bad idea because she is a main character, not a recurring character, and as such it would not be fair to have her in a lesser role in SGA. Unfortunately, that would lead to the decision of which SGA character would have to be bumped off to make room for Sam because without a doubt someone would have to go. If this happened, just thinking about the fan backlash against the character, and the actress, makes me shiver.
                        I agree with you, maxbo. But I also believe (and have since last year) that they've known there wouldn't be a season eleven for some time. This was worked out well in advance and deals were being made for a forward momentum of the franchise (in whatever incarnation whether that be a spin off or a mini series or a movie) last year already. I think the principle actors were made aware as well and have been governing themselves and their career decisions accordingly, too. The only people whom I believe were truly surprised were (some of) the fans. The producers and the network have been prepared for some months now and are working toward their future plans even still. This is also a franchise with tremendous residual syndication value for all interested parties.

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                          Ditto. Wherever Sam or Amanda goes. I go.
                          As do I !

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                            I agree with you, maxbo. But I also believe (and have since last year) that they've known there wouldn't be a season eleven for some time. This was worked out well in advance and deals were being made for a forward momentum of the franchise (in whatever incarnation whether that be a spin off or a mini series or a movie) last year already. I think the principle actors were made aware as well and have been governing themselves and their career decisions accordingly, too. The only people whom I believe were truly surprised were (some of) the fans. The producers and the network have been prepared for some months now and are working toward their future plans even still. This is also a franchise with tremendous residual syndication value for all interested parties.

mg
                            I agree that the actors have probably been prepared for this decision for some time. I didn't realize until recently that for every season after about Season 4, TPTB assumed that that the current season would be the last, so the veteran SG-1 actors had lots of experience in preparing for this event. I’m sure that even the new kids on the block, Ben and Claudia, were probably prepared for this, especially after the way Farscape was cancelled.

I also agree that there is still too much life left in this franchise to just wither and die at this point, so I look forward to seeing SG-1 continue in some form. I just hope that decisions to continue can be made quickly before the actors find other gigs and can’t be available for SG-1.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                              Ditto. Wherever Sam or Amanda goes. I go.

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo
                                I agree that the actors have probably been prepared for this decision for some time. I didn't realize until recently that for every season after about Season 4, TPTB assumed that that the current season would be the last, so the veteran SG-1 actors had lots of experience in preparing for this event. I’m sure that even the new kids on the block, Ben and Claudia, were probably prepared for this, especially after the way Farscape was cancelled.

I also agree that there is still too much life left in this franchise to just wither and die at this point, so I look forward to seeing SG-1 continue in some form. I just hope that decisions to continue can be made quickly before the actors find other gigs and can’t be available for SG-1.
                                On that note, it is sad that this is the first season in a long time where they were actually planning another. The actors had signed two year contracts. The Ori story arc is a big one that won't be easily wrapped up in the short ammount of time allotted.

Just imagine spending 10 years of your life doing something then having it end. (((((Amanda)))) This has to be hard for them even if they saw it coming.

Comment

Working...
                                X