No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WooHoo..I just finished watching 200...I can finally join in on the reviews of the ep...
    Spoiler:
    I absolutley loved it...what a cracker...my favourite part was the invisible Jack scene, especially when Sam was in the shower and the wedding...although it wasn't much she at least called him Jack and they were finally at the alter...pity it wasn't real...loved seeing Brad Wright doing Scotty and poor Siler...I'm so glad I got to watch it...thanks AD...if it wasn't for you I'd be living purely on spoilers only...I'm so gonna watch it agian tomorrow...I loved it...it was so much better than I imagined it would be!!
    I have to say that the worst parts for me was the very end with the Wormhole Extreme scenes and PDL with his..ah...how should I put this...potty mouth...and the teen scene...not cool at all!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MANDY!!!!

And congrats to anyone who has reached milestones!!!
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
        I almost posted on this yesterday, but I was afraid to say what I thought (fear of the leadership issue). However, since you asked about Sam's age then I am going to go ahead and jump in with a another thought as well. I think Sam is supposed to be about the same age as AT (b.1965) or a few years younger. Either way, I'm sure she was born before 1970. Now, I personally think that if
        Spoiler:
        Cameron was born in 1970
        then he couldn't possibly have gotten promoted to Lt. Colonel until after his accident in LC2 (too young). This would mean that either he and Sam got their promotions about the same time, or he may have gotten his promotion after leaving the hospital (meaning Sam would have senority). If the PTB insist that they are of equal rank then they can just say that Cameron got his promotion on the same day as Sam (just not on camera since he was in the hospital). Not what I want, but at least it is a theory as to why they would be equal.

I know all you wanted was her age so sorry if I gave too much information.
        I've already posted something similar to this in the past, but I wrote up this summary to help with the age/promotion issue. Hopefully someone like PR can jump in if my numbers are off. I'm only going by what I've read on AF websites.

Spoiler:

In the episode 1969, SG-1 was sent back into time to August 4th, 1969. At this time we also learned that Daniel was 4 1/2 years old in 1969.

In Entity we learned that Sam was born in December 1968, but it's later insinuated in Ascension that her birth month is actually May.

200th & Bounty
        Spoiler:

In the 200th episode, SG-1 joked that Mitchell was born nine months after their trip back into time, which would suggest Mitchell was born in May 1970.

According to the upcoming episode Bounty, he graduated in 1987, which would have made him 17 years old when he graduated. Which means he could have entered the Academy in Sept 1987 and graduated in 1991.

If Sam was born in May 1968, then she would have been eligible to enter the academy in Sept 1985 and would have graduated in 1989.

If Mitchell did in fact attend the Academy this would mean that Sam & Mitchell were at the Academy at the same time though Sam would have been two years his senior. This would also mean that Sam has seventeen years in service and Mitchell has fifteen.

Sam's promotion to Lt. Colonel took place in July 2004.

If Mitchell was a Lt. Colonel in Lost City this would imply he was promoted to Lt. Colonel prior to March 2004.

An officer needs to have 16 years time in service in order to be promoted to Lt. Colonel. Occassionally an officer will be given a promotion below the zone. One year before the officer would be eligible for In-the-Zone consideration, up to 10 percent of those recommended can be promoted Below-the-Zone.

So in Sam's case, Sam was officially eligible for the rank of Lt. Colonel in July 2005; however, it would have been possible for her to have been one of the 10 percent who were promoted below-the-zone the previous year. Which would have coincided with her promotion to Lt. Colonel in July 2004.

Mitchell on the other hand would not have been eligible for the rank of Lt. Colonel until July 2007. Which would mean he received his promotion three years earlier than normal and even two years earlier than below-the-zone eligibility would have allowed.

At this rate, Sam will not be eligible for a promotion to Colonel until July 2011 and Mitchell would not be eligible until 2013. So I think it's highly unlikely that we'll be seeing either get promoted any time soon unless the writers totally throw AF promotion requirements completely out the window yet again.

So to answer the question of who has senority Sam or Mitchell? If we want to ignore the fact that the writers did not follow promotion eligibility reqs in order for Mitchell to have obtained his Lt. Colonel rank before Lost City, then Mitchell is the senior officer; however, if we want to look at their past history, then one would have to believe that Sam is indeed the senior officer.
        Last edited by ForeverSg1; 21 August 2006, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Happy Birthday, Mandy SG1!!!

Comment

Mandy

scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by kes
              Originally posted by Tracy Jane
              Mmmm. I would have called him dark haired too. I don't see him as blond in any way, shape or form.
              I didnt say blond I said almost blond.

Originally posted by Deejay435
              Me either.

In fact, I had a horrible time reading one of the first SG1 novels to come out because the author kept referring to Daniel as "The Blond".
              Brown is not necessarly (that doesnt look right?!) dark. Its light brown.
              Well, I didn't mean to start a debate about Daniel's hair with the fic, especially not on the Sam thread, LOL!

I'm glad you found the story funny, Kes, and thanks for the feedback.

For me, S1 Daniel started out with a light/medium brown hair colour but he's slowly gone darker over the years especially with the short funky style - maybe its the gel. I don't believe I've ever called S1 Daniel 'dark-haired' (although I'll have to go back and check through my work) but it seems to fit S10 Daniel rather well, IMO.

At least, there's never any doubt that Sam has gorgeous blonde hair!
              sigpic
              Women of the Gate LJ Community.
              My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Happy Birthday, Mandy!
                sigpic
                Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  I've already posted something similar to this in the past, but I wrote up this summary to help with the age/promotion issue. Hopefully someone like PR can jump in if my numbers are off. I'm only going by what I've read on AF websites.

Spoiler:

In the episode 1969, SG-1 was sent back into time to August 4th, 1969. At this time we also learned that Daniel was 4 1/2 years old in 1969.

In Entity we learned that Sam was born in December 1968, but it's later insinuated in Ascension that her birth month is actually May.

200th & Bounty
                  Spoiler:

In the 200th episode, SG-1 joked that Mitchell was born nine months after their trip back into time, which would suggest Mitchell was born in May 1970.

According to the upcoming episode Bounty, he graduated in 1987, which would have made him 17 years old when he graduated. Which means he could have entered the Academy in Sept 1987 and graduated in 1991.

If Sam was born in May 1968, then she would have been eligible to enter the academy in Sept 1985 and would have graduated in 1989.

If Mitchell did in fact attend the Academy this would mean that Sam & Mitchell were at the Academy at the same time though Sam would have been two years his senior. This would also mean that Sam has seventeen years in service and Mitchell has fifteen.

Sam's promotion to Lt. Colonel took place in July 2004.

If Mitchell was a Lt. Colonel in Lost City this would imply he was a Lt. Colonel prior to March 2004.

An officer needs to have 16 years time in service in order to be promoted to Lt. Colonel. Occassionally an officer will be given a promotion below the zone. One year before the officer would be eligible for In-the-Zone consideration, up to 10 percent of those recommended can be promoted Below-the-Zone.

So in Sam's case, Sam was officially eligible for the rank of Lt. Colonel in July 2005; however, it would have been possible for her to have been one of the 10 percent who were promoted below-the-zone the previous year. Which would have coincided with her promotion to Lt. Colonel in July 2004.

Mitchell on the other hand would not have been eligible for the rank of Lt. Colonel until July 2007. Which would mean he received his promotion three years earlier than normal and even two years earlier than below-the-zone eligibility would have allowed.

At this rate, Sam will not be eligible for a promotion to Colonel until July 2011 and Mitchell would not be eligible until 2013. So I think it's highly unlikely that we'll be seeing either get promoted any time soon unless the writers totally throw AF promotion requirements completely out the window yet again.

So to answer the question of who has senority Sam or Mitchell? If we want to ignore the fact that the writers did not follow promotion eligibility reqs in order for Mitchell to have obtained his Lt. Colonel rank before Lost City, then Mitchell is the senior officer; however, if we want to look at their past history, then one would have to believe that Sam is indeed the senior officer.

yeah that should be so, but i think on the moment they have a sort of co-sharing command. i like to see sam in command because we know her better and because she has more experience. and the writers did forgot more then once the reqs of the air force. but then i have to think it's only a show, they can make mistakes. only i want sam a senior officer!!!

And happy birthday mandy sg1
                  sigpic

Comment

Night all...happy posting!!!

Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Happy Birthday Mandy!!!!!

My LJ

Comment

NC

Comment

Happy
                          Birthday
                          Mandy!

Comment

Wow, you guys are great! I want to thank everyone for their birthday wishes,

Lizlove, that’s some cake I don’t know whether to cut it or jump into it and let the adventures begin
                            Hmmm? With this group it may be more in the line of misadventures

RepliCartertje, that’s an awesome picture! Thank you very much…I’ve always wanted my own moose

Thanks for the kind words PR
                            Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                            happy birthday mandy! <insert favorite "you old young--" here> beautiful, vibrant goddess
                            Oooh more cake thanks NearlyCircular
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Did anyone catch the quote of AT calling RDA McGyver in an outake? It was in the behind the scenes special. I'd love a copy of the quote.
                              Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18
                                Did anyone catch the quote of AT calling RDA McGyver in an outake? It was in the behind the scenes special. I'd love a copy of the quote.
                                i love that thing. here ya go
                                sigpic
                                "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                                Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Working...
                                X