No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, their opinion of the tv guide picture is that it's just a bait and switch and yet another way to string the shippers along

and after 6 years of it, they're sick and tired of the whole thing
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      quite frankly, the shippers are so used to being mocked, teased, toyed with and complete screwed over not to mention being insulted with 'women with issues' that they're not expecting anything positive from it.

other than disappointment and humiliation and mockery
      people need to leave us shippers alone! And they better not say im a woman with issues! ROFLMAO! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_Minister
        people need to leave us shippers alone! And they better not say im a woman with issues! ROFLMAO! LOL
        Well you're a man with issues then.

If you're complaining it must be your time of the month.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
          This is what I have to say as a die hard shipper.
          Spoiler:
          SQUEE!!!!! I always knew it wouldn't be real. From the looks of that pic and the article...I think it will be those two in the wedding scene. Whether or not they are actually playing Sam and Jack in that scene remains to be seen. I wanna see AT in her dress. She'll look so pretty. There will be lots of thunking and plathunking going on!
          I am suprised you are not even nervous
          Spoiler:
          As much as I am a non-shipper I can see how TPTB have constantly kicked the shippers around and it does kind of annoy me. On one of these "special" eps they should either confirm it or deny it and be done with it. But instead they keep pretending like they are going to confirm it and then proceed not to and also not to quite deny it. It seems like a perpetual game of kick the dog. Here puppy.... happily runs up all excited.... kick.... Here puppy..... If I kicked my dog around as much as TPTB have kicked around the shippers she would never come when I called her.

But you Shippers appear to be a always hopeful and positive breed. I have great respect for that but I also fear for you. I hope you get what you want or at least something that "you can live with" and makes you happy. But I fear it will just be another kick.... Jack giving Sam away to Mitchell or some such crud. (but note I am in a particularly bad mood tonight so maybe I am being too pessimistic)
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            Well you're a man with issues then.

If you're complaining it must be your time of the month.
            LOL thats a good one.

Yeah those three days out of the month i get... angry? lol Oh how i long for... menopause?

LOL I really have no idea. lol

Comment

Spoiler:
              It said in the the TV guide special that they were talking about the ratings. They've been very low and were concidering coming to a close at season 10. (Heart Flutters*) Oh, lord.... I hope not. Has this happened before?
              Strong Believer in LOVE!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                So... can someone give me a feeling for what the J/S shippers are thinking and feeling right now about '200' and the
                Spoiler:
                wedding scene photo... and the phrase 'but all is not as it seems'... which is basically what AT said as well... and someone else was also quoted as saying the same basic thing...

I tried skimming the shipper thread, but I couldn't find any posts dealing with folks' expectations regarding this 'all is not as it seems'...

... to me, it seems quite foreboding... yes, Sam is definitely dressed as a bride, but Jack in a suit does not a groom make. So... are they going to show Sam marrying someone else... Teal'c? Someone that would really knock the fans for a look (except Sky)... or maybe Daniel (to make the D/S shippers squeee?).

I can’t speak for all shippers and I only lurk at the Sam and Jack thread here at GW, but I’ll give it a go.

Spoiler:
                I think most shippers are cautiously optimistic right now. Some are very wary of the ‘all is not what it seems’ quote, but many are just happy for any kind of ship TPTB will provide. It’s been quite a dry spell in shipperdom for the past season, after all, and many shippers just want some more shippy moments. I think most will be happy if the Sam and Jack in the proposed scenario actually get to the altar and get hitched, even if it is not the real Sam and Jack and there is no actual confirmation that the real Sam and Jack are together.

Personally, I am just hoping TPTB don’t poke too much fun at the shippers b/c that really irritates me. Contrary to the belief of some of TPTB, we are not a bunch of women with issues! I personally
                Spoiler:
                don’t care if Sam and Jack get married on the show in any way whatsoever.

The only hope I have (and have ever had) for the ship is that someday there will be a small confirmation that they are really together, which I am sure will happen when hell freezes over.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                  But you Shippers appear to be a always hopeful and positive breed. I have great respect for that but I also fear for you. I hope you get what you want or at least something that "you can live with" and makes you happy. But I fear it will just be another kick.... Jack giving Sam away to Mitchell or some such crud. (but note I am in a particularly bad mood tonight so maybe I am being too pessimistic)[/spoiler]
                  And that would fall in place with
                  Spoiler:
                  Jacob not being around to give Sam away. So she asks O'Neill if he would do the honors - and give her away to [fill in the blank]

Comment

Is... that like crying in your beer?

And...bring it on over to Whinge Nuts
                    Sort of

Anyway since it follows StargateBarbie's post about sexism, I think I'll keep in the BJC

(at the bottom of the page )
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Thor_Beyond769
                      Spoiler:
                      It said in the the TV guide special that they were talking about the ratings. They've been very low and were concidering coming to a close at season 10. (Heart Flutters*) Oh, lord.... I hope not. Has this happened before?
                      It is a distinct possibility.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_Minister
                        LOL thats a good one.

Yeah those three days out of the month i get... angry? lol Oh how i long for... menopause?

LOL I really have no idea. lol
                        MY GOODNESS..... LMAO. Your just full of surprises tonight.
                        Strong Believer in LOVE!

Comment

Originally posted by Thor_Beyond769
                          MY GOODNESS..... LMAO. Your just full of surprises tonight.
                          I always am! lol

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                            I am suprised you are not even nervous
                            Spoiler:
                            As much as I am a non-shipper I can see how TPTB have constantly kicked the shippers around and it does kind of annoy me. On one of these "special" eps they should either confirm it or deny it and be done with it. But instead they keep pretending like they are going to confirm it and then proceed not to and also not to quite deny it. It seems like a perpetual game of kick the dog. Here puppy.... happily runs up all excited.... kick.... Here puppy..... If I kicked my dog around as much as TPTB have kicked around the shippers she would never come when I called her.

But you Shippers appear to be a always hopeful and positive breed. I have great respect for that but I also fear for you. I hope you get what you want or at least something that "you can live with" and makes you happy. But I fear it will just be another kick.... Jack giving Sam away to Mitchell or some such crud. (but note I am in a particularly bad mood tonight so maybe I am being too pessimistic)
                            Spoiler:
                            Ok, I'm a bit nervous. That last scenario- They really do need to stop kicking us around. I'll definitely be a woman with issues if I don't get my ship. I don't think anything this ep will be real, but by the end of the series, I want something concrete.

Comment

And that would fall in place with
                              Spoiler:
                              Jacob not being around to give Sam away. So she asks O'Neill if he would do the honors - and give her away to [fill in the blank]
                              Spoiler:
                              That would be SO wrong. If anything, Hammond would give her away to Jack. I mean, come on! We've got our own smilie-provided by Gateword itself!

Comment

guys i just found out something weird... if you click the link in Ooooobers sig it will take you to a secret military base where shes planing a coup to make Sam the leader of the earth. lol j/k

Comment

Working...
                                X