Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chelle db
    How cool would that be!!! What about saying.."I am Amanda Tapping"...cos she's just as, if not more, brilliant than Sam Carter...just an idea!!
    Hey, that works too!

Comment

A quick question people - what episode did we see Sam & Siler working on a motorcycle.

Sorry, I'm on strong antihistimines at the moment and have mush for brains - I can't find the @#$$%%&**!! episode
      -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX
        A quick question people - what episode did we see Sam & Siler working on a motorcycle.

Sorry, I'm on strong antihistimines at the moment and have mush for brains - I can't find the @#$$%%&**!! episode
        The Curse.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
          The Curse.
          Many thanks
          -

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TSAXLADY!

Hope You Have A Most Wonderful Day!

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Happy Birthday Tsaxlady
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                RE ratings:
                Spoiler:
                So with all of the talk about Season 10's ratings and what it could mean for the end of the series... some folks have been comparing the ratings and such to Farscape's ratings when it was cancelled. Being clueless regarding Farscape's history, or it's ratings, I did a search and found this, for anyone who is interested Farscape cancellation. I couldn't help but note the similarities between what Farscape experienced and what the Farscape fans were crying, and what seems to be happening for Stargate now.
                More ratings discussion (no ep spoilers)
                Spoiler:

"..Negotiations for the series are completely separate. The decision to end Farscape after season 4 was based solely on its ratings performance in relation to its high cost of production. Whether we do more episodes of Stargate or not has nothing to do with Farscape."

Whats interesting is apparently Farscapes production cost did NOT go up, just the ratings went down. Now here we have Stargate where they are openly complaining that the cost went up AND the ratings are now down. One would think this would not bode well for Stargate.

On the other hand they openly admitted that people at the station were enamored with Farscape. This again seems to explain the almost obessive need to start turning Stargate into Farscape and may give Stargate a lot more rope then it would have gotten had BB and CB not been there. Of course if BB and CB werent there (or were at the very least treated like the newbie minor characters they are) then the show may have maintained its season eight ratings but thats just my opinion.
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Happy birthday Tsaxlady !

Comment

Happy Birthday Tsaxlady!!!
                    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Night all!

Don't forget to smile!!!
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                        hey this is a PG forum
                        Hey mandy she said Ba'als...not what you think she said
                        And well how lucky aren't you to have your birthday on the day SG1 airs

Comment

Happy Birthdy Tsaxlady!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX
                            TPTB have been changing steadily for years, you now have a smaller mix of people who are wearing a multitude of hats, independent executives for quality control are gone. The "boys" now monitor themselves. It aint workin'.

Seriously, I know Jonathan Glassner was proud of the fact that Sam was not your stereotypical woman. Sadly as RCC has gained more of a controlling hand on the series, Sam has become more of a stereotype. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not. All I know is that the current configuration of TPTB are badly in need of independent executives responsible for quality control and to rein in their childish notions. Sadly with the exit of Greenburg and then Gekko we saw just how immature they could get.
                            yes, the parents have gone away for the 'weekend' and the 'boys' are in charge.

and we have any number of stereotypical frat house/childish/immature things going on.

i flash back to a wasted two hours of my life and American Pie. These are the folks that probably think that disgusting film is high comedy and full of jokes that they just WISH they could sneak into the show cause,you know, it's just sooooo funny

I personally don't find humiliation humor, mocking, cruelty and sex jokes all that funny. Done correctly, yeah a 'dirty' joke can be quite amusing. But, imho, vala wasn't done correctly, vala was little more than 'ooh, ooh, lookie, we have boobies on teh show. and we can SHOW them, and look, there they are. quick, zoom in, zoom in, can i have a copy? come on i want a copy to use as my screen saver....boobies, we have boobies!!!!!!!!'
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
                              I got permanent tears in my eyes at the moment...this darn virus is no fun.
                              When I was finished with that vid I scrolled down to view the others and there was one titled Hallelujah...check it out...that song is soooo sweet and the vid is excellent! If I could I would post a link...but I'm still quite computer illiterate here!
                              I just watched the 'When You Remember' and 'Hallelujah' vids( once the damn thing downloaded aargh) i was in tears, they're both excellant and they do cheer you up about what was but downright depress you on what is now!

Clark'sGirl

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                                Spoiler:
                                it was probably rob cooper's idea. he saw nothing wrong with sam hooking up with a would-be stalker. to me, sam came off looking very weak and of low of self esteem. so i can see cooper thinking there's nothing wrong (from sam's pov) with sam ending up second in command of sg1 again.
                                Spoiler:
                                I wonder if he would have a problem being bumped from show runner to writer if he had to take time away for family reasons.

Why would anybody be happy to lose a position they had worked hard for years for, especially to somebody with a fraction of their experience?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Working...
                                X