Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linwelin
    You really don't ? And it's "Umlaut" ! I usually have one on my user name (Linwëlin), but GW wouldn't accept it...
    What? They should be able to. There's no reason why I shouldn't I mean. Check with a mod about updating your username to what you wanted.

WË MÜST DËFËND ÖÜR ÜMLÄÜTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
      Spoiler:
      Yeah I found it rather sad that that was in it IMO Hammond would have never said such a thing! But than again we can not blame Landry for it cause TPTB have made that dissicion to keep it in.

I mean off course Orlin and Sam has a good relation but they had never that kind of relation IMO. I mean if they had had such a relation that would have showed in Assecion and it didn't. It looked like they were just good friends and Orlin just had feelings for Sam and Sam just liked Orlin. Nothing more!! But in the fourth hourseman they came up with that where did that actually came from?!? What did the PTB think when they wrote that? It is like Sam and her lovelife wasn't even worse enough...So lets give her some ex-relation with a kid!! ooh boy why? why? why???
      ok this is ranting sorry...
      Don't worry, it's a well-deserved rant IMO because everything you have said it true!
      Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        What? They should be able to. There's no reason why I shouldn't I mean. Check with a mod about updating your username to what you wanted.

but still I don't get how you are able to use your umlaut in your name and Linwelin not...So Über what did you have to do for it who did you bribe for it?!?

Comment

direct from the transcript for 4th horseman pt 1
          Spoiler:

CARTER: there really is no other explanation sir for how he could
          have gotten into the base…or know the things he knows…I'm pretty
          sure he's given us the key to finishing the anti prior technology Dr
          Lee and I were working on…

LANDRY: according to the mission report on your first encounter with
          Orlin…you two had uh…intimate relationship *small grin looking at
          her*?

CARTER: Uh…well…*very uncomfortable* we did….but…uh…he didn't look
          like that…he was…

LAM: Taller? <so wants to laugh!>

CARTER: *small smile* he was a grown man.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

but still I don't get how you are able to use your umlaut in your name and Linwelin not...So Über what did you have to do for it who did you bribe for it?!?
            she had to bribe darren somehow. i don't know how to do the umlautes, but if someone can tell me know, i can give changing your name a try lin
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Oui, mon lieutenant !

In fact, I don't really mind that, it's easier to log in without it...

Originally posted by Skydiver
              she had to bribe darren somehow. i don't know how to do the umlautes, but if someone can tell me know, i can give changing your name a try lin
              You would ? Oh, thank you !

Comment

No bribing required...I simply entered it in.

Of course I had to type it in Word and insert the Ü character, as it's not on my keyboard, and then copy and paste it in...but still. Worked for me just fine.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Spoiler:

her*?

like that…he was…

Thanks Sky! That's just *shudders* urgh! He almost sounds like a dirty old man! It's really not right!
                  Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Well like I said on the post I wrote after this one and therefore you haven't seen...

I actually wrote it in Word and then copied and pasted it in when it asked for a username. Since Lin's typed it out here, you should be able to copy and paste it wherever a mod would go to make such a change.

Comment

Spoilers (and speculation...and grousing) for Seasons 9, 10 (and earlier)
                      Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                      When it comes to Sam...

Spoiler:

They like to pick and choose which details from the past are necessary to dredge up again.

Her relationship with Janet? Meh.

Her relationship with Martouf? Fair game.

Her relationship with Daniel and Teal'c? Double meh.

Her relationship with Barrett? Fair game.

Her past position as CO of SG-1? Not goin' there.

Her relationship with Cameron? She lurves him. Period.

Her past snarkiness with McKay? Perrfect.

Her past will-they-or-won't-they?-non-relationship with Jack? Jack who?

Her past relationship with Orlin? She lurves him. AND she shagged him. Period.

Her blending with Jolinar, and her ability to use Goa'uld tech? See past position as CO.

Her Black Widow Curse from years past? Gold.

ETA: Her Replicator duplicate, and the consequences of her actions within the galaxy? Lame.

So I find myself relatively open to the NEW things they'll be doing with her character, even if they're not all that NEW, and are only disguised as NEW because they're being treaded with NEW characters. I'm not expecting a whole lot of character development or action for Sam, so if it happens, I'll be pleasantly surprised. And if they pull off said character development or action, without shamelessly making one of the new characters look kewl in the process, I'll be amazed.

And I've pretty much accepted the fact that they probably won't bring anything old to the mix, either.
                      Great list, Dancer! Tried to rep you, but it won't let me.
                      Originally posted by golfbooy
                      Spoiler:
                      All joking aside, though, I'd love it if eventually Ba'al was the one who finally was able to kill Adria. Wouldn't it be great if SG-1 had to make a choice of either allowing the Goa'uld to regain power via the destruction of the Ori/Adria or allowing the Ori to continue their holy crusade?
                      What a great idea! Perfect. Of course it will probably be
                      Spoiler:
                      Mitchell, Vala and Daniel who take out the Ori. Sam and Teal'c will watch... or get in the way.. or do something where they need saving...

Comment

Well like I said on the post I wrote after this one and therefore you haven't seen...

I actually wrote it in Word and then copied and pasted it in when it asked for a username. Since Lin's typed it out here, you should be able to copy and paste it wherever a mod would go to make such a change.
                        But that still doesn't explain the fact that you can give that in as a username and linwelin doesn't?!?
                        I still think you bribed Darren or so...that is the only explanation...and you don't have it on your keyboard lol

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                          Spoiler:
                          Well, as much as I like Sam, I'm trying to look at what's best for the show overall, not just Carter. Yes, I suppose that the ridiculous Black Widow Carter thing may be drudged up yet again, but it's not something that ever really bothered me or something that I ever even bought into. No one on SG-1 is lucky in love. That's just the nature of the beast. Daniel and Teal'c have brought just as much death and destruction to their loved ones as Sam ever will. Jack isn't exactly out there knocking'em dead either. So, while my love of Barrett is marginal, my love of the Goa'uld and their deliciously entertaining evilness seems to know no bounds. I think it'd be great if Ba'al could kill someone, and since I know Mitchell makes it past this episode, that leaves Barrett as my next choice.

All joking aside, though, I'd love it if eventually Ba'al was the one who finally was able to kill Adria. Wouldn't it be great if SG-1 had to make a choice of either allowing the Goa'uld to regain power via the destruction of the Ori/Adria or allowing the Ori to continue their holy crusade? Then the Goa'uld could take over as the show's primary villain again, and the Ori could take a backseat a la the Replicators, only coming out once in a while. That way the whole show wouldn't be dependent on the Ancients (an entity that was only meant to be used once in a while), and the multiple personalities of the Goa'uld could once again be used to provide a more varied set of baddies for our heroes. It'd be a cornucopia of evil. The show's cup would runneth over. It's bounty would know no bounds--oh God, pretend I didn't just mention Bounty.
                          Not a snowballs chance of that! Unfortuately. It's a great idea!
                          GREEN!

Suse
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.
                          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I actually wrote it in Word and then copied and pasted it in when it asked for a username. [...]
                            I should have thought about that...

Originally Posted by Skydiver
                            Spoiler:

her*?

like that…he was…

I didn't remember that...

Didn't really like that moment either.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
                              Thanks Sky! That's just *shudders* urgh! He almost sounds like a dirty old man! It's really not right!
                              Remember Amber
                              Spoiler:
                              She didn't actually say she had an intimate relationship with Orlin, so we can still say that the relationship is not cannon. Until Sam says it happened then it didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
                                Remember Amber
                                Spoiler:
                                She didn't actually say she had an intimate relationship with Orlin, so we can still say that the relationship is not cannon. Until Sam says it happened then it didn't happen.
                                I'll keep that in mind. Thanks !

Comment

Working...
                                X