Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
    Well than you just book a holliday to england or something like that and you buy it on holliday

Don't forget to vote at http://www.celeeb.com/amanda-tapping/ cause it seems like I am the only one atm and I feel very alone
    I'm back, and voting, RCtje!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
      Oh, and is it me or was Wright deliberately making it sound like the complaints people have are limited to baseless statements like accusations of laziness, of all things. He seemed to be on a b*tchtastic roll there, and instead of tackling the meat and potatoes of the issues (sexism, Farscape Part Deux), he attacks the laziness issue? Mmmkay.
      Very disheartening. I just shrugged and moved on; I mean, it's not as if we aren't used to that sort of response by now.

I just had this thought: What's kinda funny about all the talk about "accepting change" is that New Guy, New Enemy, New Base CO, New Number of Team Members, etc. etc. are all supposed to be acceptable (and even Fun!), but suggestion of a 'new' formulation wherein Lead White Male != Team Leader is regarded as unreasonable or far-fetched. Fascinating.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
        Thanks!

As for the premiere:

Spoiler:
        It was alright. It wasn't horrible. I could actually stand Vala. She was fully clothed! She was more mellow, so that was cool. Mitchell still bugged me a bit. Still channeling Jack some...

As for Sam. Nothing really centering around her, but I have to admit, I thought it was cool how they rescued her(not the part with Mitchell piloting the Oddessy with Emerson there ). My friend and I were like just take the ship over and let her come in the bay. And they did it! I was shocked. The TV never listened to me before! I liked it when she found out Daniel was alive.

No matter how much they may try to tone down Mitchell this season and try to make him likeable, the leadership issue really sours me on him. And even if I can tolerate Vala, I don't want less Sam because of her presence. I need more of our big three and more togetherness! I don't like how they are all split up all the time.

Next week looks to have some good Sam! Here's hoping!
        What happens next week?Wait going to read the sinopse...mmm how do you call it?!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
          Good interview with Amanda here. Has some spoilers for s10
          I read that article, and I hope part of it is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
            Good interview with Amanda here. Has some spoilers for s10
            Sorry I can't give you green, AD, but thanks for the link!

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
              Very disheartening. I just shrugged and moved on; I mean, it's not as if we aren't used to that sort of response by now.

I just had this thought: What's kinda funny about all the talk about "accepting change" is that New Guy, New Enemy, New Base CO, New Number of Team Members, etc. etc. are all supposed to be acceptable (and even Fun!), but suggestion of a 'new' formulation wherein Lead White Male != Team Leader is regarded as unreasonable or far-fetched. Fascinating.
              Exactly!!! That's the only "new" idea that isn't acceptable to them! Wonder why?
              Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 14 July 2006, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Did anyone capture the Morpheus preview?

My LJ

Comment

...And the results for the Season Four Poll are...

Entity

and

These two were the episodes with the most votes
                  for Favorite/Most Memorable AT acting scenes,
                  but Season 4 had several other episodes
                  that also scored highly with lots of voters.
                  Season 4 was a great season for Sam!

Results of Season 4 Poll + posted comments
                  Results of Season 3 Poll + posted comments
                  Results of Season 2 Poll + posted comments
                  Results of Season 1 Poll + posted comments

Many Thanks to all who voted

Last edited by astrogeologist; 14 July 2006, 09:11 PM.

Comment

And the Season 5 Poll is now up and active

Please note that you can vote for several episodes when you cast your ballot,
                    but once you hit submit, it won't let you come back and vote again.

Pics that capture your favorite AT acting scene are greatly appreciated too!
                    (A picture is worth a thousand words...)

If you want a reminder of what each episode was about... Season 5 Episode Summaries

>>>Link to Season 5 Poll

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                      I read that article, and I hope part of it is wrong.
                      yeah, i read it too.... i think i'm going to give it a break from reading any interviews for a while. since shore leave, and now mr wright's lovely views, adding this to it... yeah, time to give it a break.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                        Well, if you joined just to reply to that, then good! You'll find you love it here! Welcome!

Here's some pics of the cat. Y'all can decide what it is!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                        Hey LA..that's what we call a tortoise shell tabby cat! She's gorgeous and I think Turtle would be a good name...kudos to who suggested it before!!
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                          Bummer! On the S/J Ship Thread, stargate barbie just told us that The Science of Stargate aired in Britain before S9 ever aired. So, apparently, the U. S. is just the last to see it.

Sigh.....
                          Nup...Australia doesn't get any of that...no science of stargate or any other type of sci fi special...nothin...nada...zip...so US is not last to see it after all!
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Wow! The boards have been hoping tonight. It has taken forever for me to catch up. (I hate dial up!!!!) I am so glad that I kept a positive attitude about season 10, because tonight's episode rocked! PTB, I know you're lurking, so go ahead and take the compliment, but you still have room for improvement (no big heads).
                            My thoughts on tonight's episode:
                            Spoiler:
                            I am so glad that AT did not lose her spot in the opening credits to CB. The credit order was BB, AT, MS, CB, Bridges, and MS. Yes, Vala was a big player in tonight's episode, but she did give birth to an Ori. The new improved Vala is much better. She is definately different from Sam, but I can see a future friendship between the characters. Cameron rescued Sam, but he did it with his pilot skills, so I am not annoyed. He's supposed to be a great pilot. Play to your strengths. Speaking of playing to your strengths, Sam rescued Tealc' by getting the beaming technology back on line. (Note: The little asgaurd had been trying to get it running to rescue Sam, but he couldn't do it on time. Sam had to help him figure it out. Go Sam!) Sam and Tealc' had a sweet moment. Chulak was in danger, and Tealc' and Bratac were going to defend it. Cameron informed Sam he was going, and Sam said she was coming too. (Another note: Neither of them were giving each other orders. They were just informing each other of their intentions. I can live with that.) Classic Sam line of the night came when the Colonel of the ship (can't remember his name) told Sam that Daniel was probably dead, and Sam said, "You don't know him like we do." (I should have said it earlier, but Sam and Cameron had already come to the conclusion that Daniel had ringed to an Ori ship. It was a nice Sam/Cameron friendship moment.) I am not going to get to far into what was happening with Daniel and Vala, because it has already been said (and this is SAMANDA). However, let me say that Vala does care about her daughter and her husband. When Daniel stuns Adria, Vala is not that impressed. (O.K., maybe that's because Adria was in the middle of healing Vala at the time, but Vala is still upset with Daniel for grabbing her, not Adria, when he is beamed off the ship.) Daniel and Cameron seem to think Adria is to big a threat (duh!) and should be killed. Vala and Sam disagree (about the killing part). Sam tells Daniel he could never kill a child. IMO, Daniel was a little out of character by even considering killing Adria. Now, I think it would be the smart thing to do. It just isn't a Daniel thing. Of course, it may be an intentional change of Daniel's character. (We know he has that controversial story arch coming, and I think he may be her father.) Also, in the final scene, Sam's face is shown then Vala's face is next. It seemed like they were sharing a look. Maybe that was one of their attempts to show the friendship even though it isn't really written into the story.

Sorry the spoiler was so long, but hey it was a great episode. Almost classic SG1!

Comment

We know the PTB are lurking here, and we hope Amanda is lurking here, right? But, what if one of us is a PTB? Wouldn't it be something if one of our own was actually Amanda herself? We all go be code names. Afterall, it is her kingdom, why shouldn't she come play? Of course, it is nearly 3 am, and I may be a little too tired to think straight. Good night people!

Comment

Thanks everyone for the peak into the new eps!! Although I shall have to wait a very long time before I actually get to see them, I'm quite happy with what I have read...so....THANK YOU!!
                                Good night...I'm off for now...might be back later but I'm feeling pretty tired right now so I think I will go prepare dinner then take a break!
                                Take care and be safe...and be happy!!!....oh and in case I forget...Congratulations to those who have reached milestones!!
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X