Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunKrux
    Sam would play the DRUMS!!!
    she does seem a little too nice for all that she's had to put up with in the last 9+ years. maybe thats how she vents.

i like to think that she would play the guitar.

my reasoning; AT plays the guitar, and brian may (best guitarist in the world) is an astrophysicist.

its a bit of a leap, but hey, i'm lookin' for a job with the sci fi network, i'm a girl so i've got to try harder than the guys.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
      I pick the oboe. Yep. That's what I play, ok? I want to have at least one thing in common with the woman!
      She'd be an awesome woodwind player, actually. I'd probably go oboe, or maybe clarinet.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
        During one of her Q&A sessions at Shore Leave, AT said
        Spoiler:
        she went to them and told them they need to give Sam, Teal'c and Daniel some moments together. She was disappointed at the amount to which this actually happened with what is in the can thus far, i.e. the first half of the season.

color me so unsurprised....
        me too. God forbid they actually show the relationship of 8 years between the BIG3 -- that is not allowed because it might seem as if mitchell didn't belong (as if that isn't one of the biggest problems they already have - he's so obviously out of place, in-over-his-head, ill-suited, undeserving, etc., as it is it is much of the joke that Stargate SG-1 has become).

Comment

I pick the oboe. Yep. That's what I play, ok? I want to have at least one thing in common with the woman!
          aaww. see i already look exactly like her. now i don't look in mirrors so i have only my imagination to go on with this but there ya have it. (i also make noise on a guitar and own drums, so i can go with either mine or SunKrux's idea). the oboe!?! thats ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
            ok, i'm trying to think up new topics so that i stop ranting and then maybe my blood pressure will go down.

uuummm, who thinks that sam would be musically talented, and does anyone think she secretly plays a musical instrument? if so, what?

well i tried.

Oh I'd say a custom built (by her) electronic keyboard.

Just don't shoot me, I'm just the piano player.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              i'm glad she spoke up, but it's rather depressing that she'd have to. a good show runner would already be aware of this
              and therein lies one of the many, but huge, problems with the current Stargate SG-1 -- the showrunner stinks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                Sam would play the DRUMS!!!
                "spoiler": The Ori are attacking rock bands and SG1 must go undercover as (insert band name here -I couldn't think of a good one) in order to stop this dastardly turn of events. Cam is the lead singer (of course ); Teal'c is yummy on keyboards, Daniel is looking good on guitar and Sam is the hot "girl drummer." They manage to recycle their outfits from "Off the Grid." Their band becomes quite popular. Will they leave SG1 for fame and fortune?

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                  me too. God forbid they actually show the relationship of 8 years between the BIG3 -- that is not allowed because it might seem as if mitchell didn't belong (as if that isn't one of the biggest problems they already have - he's so obviously out of place, in-over-his-head, ill-suited, undeserving, etc., as it is it is much of the joke that Stargate SG-1 has become).
                  And there's one of the big problems I have with Season Nine.

The bond between Sam, Daniel and Teal'c is being so downplayed because TPTB don't want to show Mitchell as an outsider.

Guess what? He is an outsider. He has been thrust onto a team with a very tight knit group and further handicapped by the fact that he is ostensibly leading them. Of course he's not going to be completely embraced right away. Neither is Vala. Don't try to force an immediate, unconditional acceptance of the new characters. Let the bonds of friendship and trust between the new characters and the established characters develop slowly and don't neglect the bond between the original SG-1, it's far too special to be swept under a rug.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                    "spoiler": The Ori are attacking rock bands and SG1 must go undercover as (insert band name here -I couldn't think of a good one) in order to stop this dastardly turn of events. Cam is the lead singer (of course ); Teal'c is yummy on keyboards, Daniel is looking good on guitar and Sam is the hot "girl drummer." They manage to recycle their outfits from "Off the Grid." Their band becomes quite popular. Will they leave SG1 for fame and fortune?
                    this just in:

in an effort to boost ratings this episode features special guest band KISS. KISS are given a special commission and are named "SG:ROCK!". this episode will be titled "KISS save SG-1".

EDIT: just realised something, the drummer and the keyboard player are usually in the background and off to the side of the stage respectively. how apt.

Comment

Ok. We couldn't do it. My S9 marathon was a failure today. We tried really hard to watch it, but we got bored...so we skipped around.
                      Spoiler:
                      Ethon was the only really decent episode in my opinion. Almost like S1-8. And Jared Kane is hot!
                      Spoiler:
                      Jared Kane is a Cylon!

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                        And there's one of the big problems I have with Season Nine.

The bond between Sam, Daniel and Teal'c is being so downplayed because TPTB don't want to show Mitchell as an outsider.

Guess what? He is an outsider. He has been thrust onto a team with a very tight knit group and further handicapped by the fact that he is ostensibly leading them. Of course he's not going to be completely embraced right away. Neither is Vala. Don't try to force an immediate, unconditional acceptance of the new characters. Let the bonds of friendship and trust between the new characters and the established characters develop slowly and don't neglect the bond between the original SG-1, it's far too special to be swept under a rug.
                        see, in s6 they did pretty good with portraying JOnas as the outsider, trying to make his way into the team. trying to be accepted and acknowledged.

and cam woulda worked had they done that with him

people do not just accept strangers with open arms. especially a close knit and tight group like sg-1. even ' normal' military groups are leery about strangers until they get to know them

it would have been REAL for cam to be a little unaccepted, a little outsiderish.

and real is how it needed to be. not this spoofy, silly and cheesy 'oh wow, ain't we honored to have this fantastic guy here????? let us bow down to his greatness and thank the lord for allowing us ot bask in his presence'
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          see, in s6 they did pretty good with portraying JOnas as the outsider, trying to make his way into the team. trying to be accepted and acknowledged.

and cam woulda worked had they done that with him

people do not just accept strangers with open arms. especially a close knit and tight group like sg-1. even ' normal' military groups are leery about strangers until they get to know them

it would have been REAL for cam to be a little unaccepted, a little outsiderish.

and real is how it needed to be. not this spoofy, silly and cheesy 'oh wow, ain't we honored to have this fantastic guy here????? let us bow down to his greatness and thank the lord for allowing us ot bask in his presence'
                          not to mention the fact that teal'c doesn't just trust people automatically, and daniel is generally a little bit weary with the standard military types.

sam you can understand. she accepts military decisions even if she does't like them. she (apparently and conveniently) knows the guy from before season 9. and she tends to trust people and show respect to military types even if they don't deserve it. i can see sam accepting him right away based on this. but not the others.

and i swear if and when (in season 10)
                          Spoiler:

jack comes in and is all friendly and buddy buddy with cam straight away and tells him that he hears he's doing a great job and that they're so lucky to have him, and well done with saving us from the ori and blah blah blah blech! i will throw something heavy at my TV.

jack above all else doesn't naturally just trust and go all super friendly with anyone. teal'c is a sort of exception, although he did save a whole bunch of people and help them escape within minutes of meeting him (betraying his god in the process), so you can see why.

daniel, sam, hammond, maybourne (rightly so), barrett, woolsey, jonas, and many many more people spring to mind.

when they have jack sucking up to mitchell and telling him how wonderful he is, i won't be happy. i dont' want to turn this into the anti mitchell thread, i don't want to bash the guy, but thus far he has not proven himself and part of me hugely resents his character. everyone else got screwed over because he got his plane shot down. what sense does this make? (rhetorical)

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                            Which is about the time I yelled the answer 'ONE!'

'PETE!'

Why can't these people get it in their freaking heads that a boyfriend is a regular male companion in a romantic or sexual relationship. Sam may have had a crush on one or two guys, she has snogged a few, even had a mind-blowing-glow-me session with one, but she has only had a regular romantic relationship with one guy in ten years. Why is it that so many people seem to think that she was romantically and sexually involved with so many men? I know I'm probably the only person who cares, but these types of questions truly irritate me.
                            amanda calls them boyfriends. every one of them.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                              My opinion of him can't go down any further, unless I change my zero to ten character scale to one that includes negative scores.
                              mine is already well into the negatives on mitchell - he's almost as far down as cooper and that is pretty dammm far!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                                amanda calls them boyfriends. every one of them.

sally
                                yes but in a jestful fashion. well as far as i've heard her refer to it in a vague sort of way.

Comment

Working...
                                X