Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1
    Great post Deejay, with bullet points too!
    Hee. I like lists. I'm such a geek.

Comment

Happy Birthday stargatebarbie!

sigpic

Comment

I wonder if we're going to have some Sam/O'Neill insight given with Jack's return?
        sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday Barbie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
            Someone posted upthread a request that we share traits or pics of Sam that we like. As I have very few pics on my computer, I shall have go with words to describe her:
            • Sam has true courage. Not the "I'm not afraid of anything, so I'll just go about doing all sorts of dangerous things because that's what I do!" kind of nonsense that often masquerades as courage on TV. Sam is afraid of things, she knows that her life is oft at stake, and really worries about that. Moreover, she knows the lives of people she loves are at stake, and fears for them. Buit she perseveres despite her fears-because that's what a real hero does.
            • Sam is tough, she weathers injuries and pain to do what she needs to do. Given the state of my own health right now, I find that a fantastic role model.
            • Sam is a fantastic role model. She has integrity and honor; she's one who often puts others before herself, and she has compassion and concern for everyone.
            • Sam is very professional, and takes her job very seriously.
            • Despite that she has a great sense of humor.
            • Sam has a kick-butt smile.
            • She's the consummate military officer.
            • Despite that she has not lost any of her feminine qualities. It would be so easy for her to be 'manly' or a 'witch with a b'. But she isn't.
            • Sam is brilliant. Her problem solving skills are so quick. And they encompass such a huge sphere. She's not just brilliant in a narrow astrophysics field, but her mind works just as quickly when she's out of her natural element as when she's in.
            • Sam knows when to let down the military defenses and let someone in. As much as she may believe it's 'not the military way', she can relax her guard enough to be there when Cassie needs her.
            • She's a true friend.
            • She leads by inspiration and example. Not by the insignia on her uniform.
            • She's earned the trust of her team, especially Jack O'Neill who isn't predisposed to trust anyone, least of all a scientist.
            • She doesn't trade on her gender to get what she needs, and she never stoops to sexual innuendo and blatany vampisness to get her way, or to be considered bright, interesting, or funny.
            • She's multi-faceted; she doesn't fit into one little pigeon hole.
            • Wormholes, motorycycle riding, and lockpicking. Oh my!
            rockin list!!!!!!

you summed things up so well

sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday Stargate Barbie!!!
              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                Someone posted upthread a request that we share traits or pics of Sam that we like. As I have very few pics on my computer, I shall have go with words to describe her:
                • Sam has true courage. Not the "I'm not afraid of anything, so I'll just go about doing all sorts of dangerous things because that's what I do!" kind of nonsense that often masquerades as courage on TV. Sam is afraid of things, she knows that her life is oft at stake, and really worries about that. Moreover, she knows the lives of people she loves are at stake, and fears for them. Buit she perseveres despite her fears-because that's what a real hero does.
                • Sam is tough, she weathers injuries and pain to do what she needs to do. Given the state of my own health right now, I find that a fantastic role model.
                • Sam is a fantastic role model. She has integrity and honor; she's one who often puts others before herself, and she has compassion and concern for everyone.
                • Sam is very professional, and takes her job very seriously.
                • Despite that she has a great sense of humor.
                • Sam has a kick-butt smile.
                • She's the consummate military officer.
                • Despite that she has not lost any of her feminine qualities. It would be so easy for her to be 'manly' or a 'witch with a b'. But she isn't.
                • Sam is brilliant. Her problem solving skills are so quick. And they encompass such a huge sphere. She's not just brilliant in a narrow astrophysics field, but her mind works just as quickly when she's out of her natural element as when she's in.
                • Sam knows when to let down the military defenses and let someone in. As much as she may believe it's 'not the military way', she can relax her guard enough to be there when Cassie needs her.
                • She's a true friend.
                • She leads by inspiration and example. Not by the insignia on her uniform.
                • She's earned the trust of her team, especially Jack O'Neill who isn't predisposed to trust anyone, least of all a scientist.
                • She doesn't trade on her gender to get what she needs, and she never stoops to sexual innuendo and blatany vampisness to get her way, or to be considered bright, interesting, or funny.
                • She's multi-faceted; she doesn't fit into one little pigeon hole.
                • Wormholes, motorycycle riding, and lockpicking. Oh my!
                I couldn't agree more with this list. It's awesome!!!

Happy Birthday, Stargate Barbie!!!! Hope you have a great day!!!

Thank you for 10 years of Sam Carter, Amanda Tapping!
                My LJ "I Live in a Sci-Fi World"
                My Stargate (Mostly Sam Carter) Icons
                My Stargate Videos
                It's meant to be!

Comment

guys, today is your last day to vote on the best sam eps of s5

and i gotta tell ya, it is neck and neck, #1 is still only 2 votes ahead of #2

so vote, vote, vote.

can't procrastinate any longer

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                    I know that I'd rather have one Sam episode than twenty Mitchell or Vala episodes
                    You and me both, hon. I'm just glad the folks at the helm when Sam was being developed were a bit more mature than they are now. Some of the people may be the same (?) but maybe they've regressed.

Comment

see, we're luckier than other fans. we have 8+ years of fantastic characterizations and sam episodes to fall back on. NO matter how much the BAB treat her character like crap and wallpaper her, they can't change history or undo what's already been done.

Sam was and is a fantastic character. and all the other females wearing thier tight leather or sexually harrassing other males or acting like some two dimensional cliche can't change the fact that sam existed.
                      and i'm willing to bet that sam will have fans far longer than other other, cliched and easily forgotten card board cutouts that they're passing off as female characters now

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                        [CENTER]Caption Me if You Can:

Jack: So Carter, what'll happen if I press the red button?
                        Carter: Grrr...

Comment

Since people aren't happy with the spoilers we've been getting for season 10, (I've been carefully avoiding them, myself) what would people think of doing our own "spoilers" of what we'd like to see Sam doing in Season 10? they could be based in the "reality" of season 9 or not.

Example: Sam and Teal'c are trapped on a planet and must defend themselves against....

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                            Since people aren't happy with the spoilers we've been getting for season 10, (I've been carefully avoiding them, myself) what would people think of doing our own "spoilers" of what we'd like to see Sam doing in Season 10? they could be based in the "reality" of season 9 or not.

Example: Sam and Teal'c are trapped on a planet and must defend themselves against....
                            Good idea.

Since poor Sam was left floating in space next to the supergate, why not put her genius with all things technological to good use and let her rig the supergate so that the kawoosh disintegrates the Ori toilet ships.

I know they're probably a bit far away, but they can move a bit backwards to get a good shot at the pesky Earth ships.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Aris Boch is back, and brings word that mitch and daniel, while undercover with the lucian alliance, were caught. aris knows where they are but will only trade that info for sam telling him how to replace the roshna

she does that, then goes with aris and teal'c to go rescue the two boys in trouble

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                Aris Boch is back, and brings word that mitch and daniel, while undercover with the lucian alliance, were caught. aris knows where they are but will only trade that info for sam telling him how to replace the roshna

she does that, then goes with aris and teal'c to go rescue the two boys in trouble
                                That would be a good episode. We'd be able to see Scientist Sam at work on the roshna and Soldier Sam doing the rescuing.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Working...
                                X