No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on 11000 and very nice pic Sky.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      gratuitous spammage and a new icon for post 11,000
      Congrats on 11,000 posts.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
        Can't believe I'm agreeing with AD on something other than the fact that Sam is a great character.
        Disturbing, isn't it? Ah well, you get used to it after a while.

(((AD)))

Comment

Speaking of AD.... (were we?) lol

After taking the sketch back and forth with one of the concept illustrators here and also receiving some *awesome* feedback from a GW member here who I understand happens to be a multiple Hugo award winning science fiction artist! (holy talent on GW, batman!!) ... I revamped the Carter sketch again, taking everyone's suggestions and crit into account. The result is as follows (hopefully AD, you'll see a difference? Maybe? Possibly?!)

Cheers all (and more hugs!)***
          geeeeek

REVAMP
          Spoiler:

...annnd now I am off to go see Superman with several of my uber geekfranchise friends! lol Back tomorrow!

-

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
            Disturbing, isn't it? Ah well, you get used to it after a while.

(((AD)))
            Very disturbing. I'm not quite sure I can handle it.
            sigpic

Comment

The voting is going fine at the moment, but get yourself there if you can!!

Here's hoping we get Amanda to number 8.

The next great milestoneS 45,000 posts and 800,000 views for the SaGCT

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                The voting is going fine at the moment, but get yourself there if you can!!

Here's hoping we get Amanda to number 8.

The next great milestoneS 45,000 posts and 800,000 views for the SaGCT
                Whoo hoo! I think we can pull off the number 8 slot by midnight LA time, no sweat! Great job for all of those who've been so faithful in voting. I wish I could say the same... But it'll be great to see how she went from the 30s to the Top Ten in just a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                  Whoo hoo! I think we can pull off the number 8 slot by midnight LA time, no sweat! Great job for all of those who've been so faithful in voting. I wish I could say the same... But it'll be great to see how she went from the 30s to the Top Ten in just a few days.
                  Oh, yeah. We can do it. AT's awesome and this is fun. We're having a party over there. We're on the home stretch! Gee, once this is over, maybe I can get back to writing my fics....

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek

After taking the sketch back and forth with one of the concept illustrators here and also receiving some *awesome* feedback from a GW member here who I understand happens to be a multiple Hugo award winning science fiction artist! (holy talent on GW, batman!!) ... I revamped the Carter sketch again, taking everyone's suggestions and crit into account. The result is as follows (hopefully AD, you'll see a difference? Maybe? Possibly?!)

geeeeek

REVAMP
                    Spoiler:

...annnd now I am off to go see Superman with several of my uber geekfranchise friends! lol Back tomorrow!

-
                    I don't know how you do it mini, but there's something about the eyes that just draws you in...nice job
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

geeeeek

REVAMP
                      Spoiler:

-
                      It's awesome!
                      In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                      so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                      Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                      Hic Comitas Regit
                      Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                      Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

11 guests...tisk tisk tisk...am I going to have to bring Operation Delurk this way? Join up, it's fun!

Comment

course, if they did 'single parent sam' then the writers couldn't have indulged their fantasies of having the perfect woman turned into a doormat to facilitate the 'geeky guy that falls for the gorgous woman' cliche

and they wouldn't have been able to work in the 'naked in bed' scene either...or the kissing
                          you mean half the writing staff living through pete?

or all the writing staff?

or how about the gorgeous woman that falls for the geeky guy? i think *that's* the fantasy the writing staff is living off of.

ooh, i'm being bad. i must stop.

*yawn*

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

So here's something to put out there. How many Samandans here are in the Friday AM session for AVALON and want to try to see if we can sit together? Any interest? Just thought I'd ask.

mg
                            i'm going then!

okay, i'm not.

i'm going to the (?) session.

okay, i'm not going to that one either.

I'M NOT GOING AT ALL.

because i have no $.

but i'm over it. i'm living through you guys!!

BUT, if i were going, i'd go to the sunday pm session. THE last session...

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje

And I do not think that Cassie would have liked Pete at all... who does like a stalker? I mean nobody... I still wonders what Sam liked about him... He got nothing.
                              turns off shipper antennae

companionship, after years of being lonely 'in that way'. and he was charming and romantic and sweet to her. at first. before he went spyman and disrespected her. a lot. but before that, he was good!

turns shipper antennae back on

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

yeah, i didn't take it as offensive. jsut teasing. although i will admit that if ANYONE looks like a drug dealer, it wasn't cam....t-man definitely looks more threatening than colonel hewo
                                Tealc' would have been my choice, too. Scary when he needs to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X