Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
    Do you have the link for it? cause I went looking for it and I can not find it and I love to read it.
    Sorry, I tried to link it a minute ago. I am so bad at this. The next time I go to the bookstore I will by Internet For Dummies. I did a search for Sam/Jack romance season 7 to find the title.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
      Sorry, I tried to link it a minute ago. I am so bad at this. The next time I go to the bookstore I will by Internet For Dummies. I did a search for Sam/Jack romance season 7 to find the title.
      Ok thanks for that I have found it...going to read it immediatly and for the once who want the link here goes: http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...aitingfor.html

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        Spoiler:
        I think people might be over-reacting a bit here... I can guarantee that Sam would have shrugged off much worse jokes than that during her time in the military.
        And its not like no-one else on the show has ever said anything like it. Sam jokingly calls Jonas a chicken**** in one episode. Jack refers to Daniel as a 'social-political nerd' in another. Teal'c quite regulary expressed his annoyance at Jack in a semi-joking way.
        Was the Mary Poppins thing intended to rile her? No doubt. But its no different from what Jack or Daniel used to do. Hell, its really no different from what Sam has said to Cam herself. And Sam and Cameron are friends after all, whether some people here like that or not
        I don't think I have seen this ep yet, but if it is true it may be the funniest thing Cam has said. I agree with AD she would be well used to that sort of thing and the comment is actually quite on the mark too - I find it amusing

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
          I don't think I have seen this ep yet, but if it is true it may be the funniest thing Cam has said. I agree with AD she would be well used to that sort of thing and the comment is actually quite on the mark too - I find it amusing
          Yep. I agree with AD (as much as it pains me to do so ) and Coley. And besides, if nothing else, it was all worth it just to see her expression of indignation. It almost made me forget that they were all wearing Xena-esque leather suits.

Spoiler:
          While I am beginning to resent Cam's presence on the team, thanks to the way they've written him, and while I do think that Sam and Cam's friendship was a contrived attempt to make us (yep, us) like him more... I do think they're meant to be friends. I may not be sold on their little friendship as much, because it lacks depth (they weren't trying for depth, they were trying for something obvious), but I don't think Sam resents Cameron or dislikes him. She may not trust him with her life, or the lives of her two closest friends, and she and the others may think he's a big doofus most of the time. But I still think she likes him. I try not to project my own feelings for Cameron onto Sam. Hopefully I can have it under control by the 14th.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
            Yep. I agree with AD (as much as it pains me to do so ) and Coley. And besides, if nothing else, it was all worth it just to see her expression of indignation. It almost made me forget that they were all wearing Xena-esque leather suits.

Spoiler:
            While I am beginning to resent Cam's presence on the team, thanks to the way they've written him, and while I do think that Sam and Cam's friendship was a contrived attempt to make us (yep, us) like him more... I do think they're meant to be friends. I may not be sold on their little friendship as much, because it lacks depth (they weren't trying for depth, they were trying for something obvious), but I don't think Sam resents Cameron or dislikes him. She may not trust him with her life, or the lives of her two closest friends, and she and the others may think he's a big doofus most of the time. But I still think she likes him. I try not to project my own feelings for Cameron onto Sam. Hopefully I can have it under control by the 14th.
            I would have thought the comment would extract an indignant look from Sam. So glad it did - I can imagine it. It may be worth watching that ep just for that moment!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
              I would have thought the comment would extract an indignant look from Sam. So glad it did - I can imagine it. It may be worth watching that ep just for that moment!
              Spoiler:
              An indignant look AND a "Hey!"

It was pretty funny.

Comment

Spoiler:
                An indignant look AND a "Hey!"

It was pretty funny.
                Ah a little gem in a wasteland of bad script!!

Comment

Spoiler:
                  *raises hand*

I thought the "Mary Poppins" line was kind of funny too. I didn't find it offensive. Just a little joke among friends.

*mutters*

Can't believe I'm agreeing with AD on something other than the fact that Sam is a great character.
                  sigpic

Comment

yeah, i didn't take it as offensive. jsut teasing. although i will admit that if ANYONE looks like a drug dealer, it wasn't cam....t-man definitely looks more threatening than colonel hewo
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Spoiler:
                      If they chose to, TPTB could give all four characters some great material to work with. I think you're right that Sam doesn't trust Mitchell with her and her friends' lives and I'd say that Daniel and Teal'c probably feel the same way, they do seem to like him as a person - so what happens if they reach a point where they feel that Mitchell's recklessness is compromising their missions and putting them all at risk?

Can they tell Mitchell that they think he's a liability when they know how much he wanted to be on the team and how much he loves being part of SG-1? Can they bring their concerns to Landry or should they worry that (a) as he appointed Mitchell to lead SG-1, he might be less than pleased to see them objecting to him and/or (b) Mitchell will eventually find out that they complained about him which could lead to hurt feelings and possibly have a detrimental effect on their ability to work as a team?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Just over eleven hours to go and 1517 votes to go until Amanda reaches 8th place.

Please help.

http://www.celeeb.com/amanda-tapping/

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

gratuitous spammage and a new icon for post 11,000
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Yeah--Sam *is* pretty sweet. The rest of Cam's behavior bugged me way more than his flip remark.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              Well love your icon...really looks great but... amanda is on it so... that is normal
                              and CONGRATS ON YOUR MILESTONE

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                OK a question for you Sky or anyone else who might know, when would i see more than two Sam's in the avitar section? because at the moment with me trying to work my post count up a bit i'm hopeing for more Sam's to chose from! Oh and out of the two one is already in use.

Little post note for you Sky, well done on reaching 11,000 posts, that's alot of posts and i like your pic of Sam!
                                ......TARA......

Comment

Working...
                                X