Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
    Her comfort foods are crisps and chocolate chip biscuits.... The complete chat transcript in English can be read here....
    And in American, her comfort foods are potato chips and chocolate chip cookies.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
      Whooops, sorry. I was reading them off the French translation.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
        actually, its a good idea, to actually write a ff ABOUT PDL (or someone). i read one like it once for George Lucas. very nice. i would link it, but i don't remember it. it was about
        Spoiler:
        how he got the idea for star wars from a rumor about SG-1 in 1969.
        (i won't embarrass myself by saying how long it took me to figure that out.) i'll find it...maybe. so, yes. anyway, you sparked a good idea, tsaxlady. i send my thanks to your TV.
        you mean this one

http://www.jackfic.com/emeraldcity/misc/inspiration.htm

and you know, he really did work at his uncle's (?) office supply company in california - gotta love google
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

TJ, I winkied ya and included that tongue-sticking-out smilie!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
            Hahaha, I'm laughing my arse off too I didn't realise that was Sky who wrote it, but then again it was a long time ago
            lol

i shoulda scrolled down before i went looking for the link

that was one of my weirder ideas...but time travel is fun to play with

sigpic

Comment

Her comfort foods are crisps and chocolate chip biscuits, and when she was pregnant, she had cravings for apples and pears. The complete chat transcript in English can be read here at the Amanda Tapping Club website.
              Thanks for that Tracey Jane. Have a good day!
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hehehe I just got home and turned on the TV and saw Sam explaining black holes, then I realized that's not Sam, it's AT's movie the Void Well it is a nice surprise to see her as a different character, and out of those BDU's
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  Mitchell!! You are SO dead!

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
                    Um...just a bit OT here but I always thought it was alternate reality not universe.
                    Hum. Good point. *Ponders*

Comment

Her comfort foods are crisps and chocolate chip biscuits, and when she was pregnant, she had cravings for apples and pears. The complete chat transcript in English can be read here at the Amanda Tapping Club website.
                      Haha, I asked her that question. It was probably rather silly, but being a mom I couldn't help myself. When I was pregnant I had cravings for Wendy's grilled chicken sandwiches. I even sent my husband out for one at like 2am, but I also had all day morning sickness that lasted about six months so there was little else that would stay on my stomach for long. And regardless of all the old wives tells...saltines and ginger ale only made it worse.
                      Last edited by ForeverSg1; 11 June 2006, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                        Haha, I asked her that question. It was probably rather silly, but being a mom I couldn't help myself. When I was pregnant I had cravings for Wendy's grilled chicken sandwiches. I even sent my husband out for one at like 2am, but I also had all day morning sickness that lasted about six months so there was little else that would stay on my stomach for long. And regardless of of all the old wives tells...saltines and ginger ale only made it worse.
                        Oooooh! Poor Kat!
                        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I found this LJ with some really nice icons on them. If S/J are not your cup of tea, check out the season 1-4 sections, there's lots of nice pretties there of Sam and the team.

http://pics.livejournal.com/ladyireth/gallery/00002wd2

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                            Grazie, for the translation, DEM (because I really did not know the American equivalents)

--------
                            The following is a cross-post from another thread

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                            was reading Seldear's Reflections, (a great story, by the way
                            Samantha’s worth to him was as herself, not in any role she held in the SGC, or any rank that the United States Air Force gave her. Yes, her functional capability towards this base was substantial, but were she to lose all that, still his loyalty would be to her for who she was. She was valuable to Teal’c because she was Samantha. After eight years, that was enough for him.

Chapter 6 is a wonderful exposition from Teal'c's perspective. Great insights and observations into male-female roles in our society - as seen from an 'outsider' (alien Jaffa). In addition, wonderful comments on the character of Sam Carter - as well as others such as Jack and Daniel and a few other SGC personnel.

And this is not S/T romantic ship! - just wonderful comraderie.

Reflections by Seldear
                            Last edited by astrogeologist; 11 June 2006, 01:46 PM.

Comment

I was bored so I made... this...

Hope you like them!

PS => Reflection by Seldear is really good like NC said. I really recommend it!

Comment

yeah, sel's stuff is good. i've enjoyed her writing for years

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X