Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    LOL, I can't tell whether Jack and Sam are saluting the birthday girl or the Eastern Conference Stanley Cup finalists!!
    LOL! Maybe a little of both!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      LOL, I can't tell whether Jack and Sam are saluting the birthday girl or the Eastern Conference Stanley Cup finalists!!

And, yippee, NC has baked another one of her famous Samandan birthday cakes!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LA DOYLE!!
      Both, you know how Jack loves hockey!

Happy Birthday LA Doyle!

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
        I was basing that answer on what Hailey said in "Prodigy." She said that if she were one of the lucky ones, she would be flying cargo planes. Whether that's different in combat, I don't know.

I know that women fly helicopters in combat. A woman was honored after she was killed in the line of duty over in Iraq when her chopper went down. I think maybe that it's direct combat that they're not allowed to participate in (although I think women participate in some way based on stories I've heard).
        I don't know how it is in the U.S. but in Canada we just recently lost our first woman soldier in combat, she was a Captain in Afghanastan.
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
          Both, you know how Jack loves hockey!

Happy Birthday LA Doyle!
          Yeah, but now hes probably rooting for Edmunton (since vancouver, the wild and blackhawks are out of it)
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

hello samandans!!! I haven't been around for a while (I don't have the net at my house) so I thought today, since I was able to get on, it would be a good day to post some icons!! I'm actually making more...I have nothing to do in my rinky-dink little town during the summer. Sorry if some are repeats. Enjoy!!!!

Thank you for 10 years of Sam Carter, Amanda Tapping!
            My LJ "I Live in a Sci-Fi World"
            My Stargate (Mostly Sam Carter) Icons
            My Stargate Videos
            It's meant to be!

Comment

I'm assuming this is our first look at S10 promo photos, as I don't recognize the shot of Amanda.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29298

Comment

Originally posted by LtColonelSamC
                hello samandans!!! I haven't been around for a while (I don't have the net at my house) so I thought today, since I was able to get on, it would be a good day to post some icons!! I'm actually making more...I have nothing to do in my rinky-dink little town during the summer. Sorry if some are repeats. Enjoy!!!!

wooow *speachless* those are some cool icons, I have green you for that

Comment

Originally posted by LtColonelSamC
                  Absolutely fabulous!!! *wants to make icons, groans*

Comment

Does anyone else think that we need a FULL explanation as to why Sam isn't the commander of SG-1 in s10 or is that just me? To me, SG-1 is and always will be Sam's team regardless of whether the Farscape cast are there or not. Not that anything would even come *close* to excusing the fact that she wasn't automatically their CO when she returned, of course, but it would do. For now.

Sorry if my post sounds angry but I object to anyone messing with Sam as a character. She's just as important as Jack O'Neill and she deserves as much respect.
                    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
                      Does anyone else think that we need a FULL explanation as to why Sam isn't the commander of SG-1 in s10 or is that just me? To me, SG-1 is and always will be Sam's team regardless of whether the Farscape cast are there or not. Not that anything would even come *close* to excusing the fact that she wasn't automatically their CO when she returned, of course, but it would do. For now.
                      It's not just you.

Comment

Sorry if my post sounds angry but I object to anyone messing with Sam as a character. She's just as important as Jack O'Neill and she deserves as much respect.
                        yeah well you are not the only one who feels like that. they just forgetting her... It is like they don't think she can't be a commander...
                        I haven't seen season 9 completely... but Mitchell is ennoying me. He is taking the place of Carter.

Comment

Don't worry! I think a lot of peole, including me, are waiting for a very big serious and possible explanatation on the whole Sam-as-a-leader thing.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                            yeah well you are not the only one who feels like that. they just forgetting her... It is like they don't think she can't be a commander...
                            I haven't seen season 9 completely... but Mitchell is ennoying me. He is taking the place of Carter.
                            Hoo boy, DON'T get me started on that! I went to GABIT in October last year and let's just say I left thinking a little more of Amanda and a little less of TPTB than I had at the start; "Don't know what to do with Amanda/Sam [in S10]" my @$$!
                            Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Hoo boy, DON'T get me started on that! I went to GABIT in October last year and let's just say I left thinking a little more of Amanda and a little less of TPTB than I had at the start; "Don't know what to do with Amanda/Sam [in S10]" my @$$!
                              That's always a big question. Is she going on Atlantis or not? It's like they still don't really know what to do with her. I recently heard she was doing the second half of the season to Atlantis. It's just isn't normal, I mean, she already has like no position on SG1 and now there is a possibility she won't do the whole season?
                              Last edited by Lizlove; 03 June 2006, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Does anyone else think that we need a FULL explanation as to why Sam isn't the commander of SG-1 in s10 or is that just me? To me, SG-1 is and always will be Sam's team regardless...[snip for space]
                                To me, Sam Carter has outgrown SG-1 now. I also feel that way about Teal'c and Daniel.
                                scarimor

Comment

Working...
                                X