Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek
    Gonna make a pit stop at the writer's offices first, though...
    Woot!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
      nevertheless, I say that despite the fact that she was gone on maternity leave, she shouldn't (and MS & CJ shouldn't) have needed to fit into the "new show." The new stuff should have been structured around them and the characters they have been for 8 years.
      Absolubitively!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
        I was watching Space Race today and I just love Sam's fun side
        I wonder if Teal'c ever paid back that debt he owes her, hey Sky have you written anything about Teal'c repaying his debt
        nope, fraid i never have. i'll have to put that on the list
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I was watching Space Race today and I just love Sam's fun side
          I wonder if Teal'c ever paid back that debt he owes her, hey Sky have you written anything about Teal'c repaying his debt
          Weeeee! That one is on my fave-funny-Sam-eps-list!!

Comment

when it comes to appearances, weight also plays a part.

if a female keeps her weight down, really down, then her face thins out and it accentuates her features...and often makes her look a bit older since there is less body fat to soften those wrinkles.

i noticed teh both claudia adn amanda's faces filled out while they were preggers. and, personally, i like them with a bit more flesh on thier faces. it makes them look a lot younger.

when some actresses diet a lot adn stay too thin, they usually look older than their years because their faces are too gaunt
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              when it comes to appearances, weight also plays a part.

if a female keeps her weight down, really down, then her face thins out and it accentuates her features...and often makes her look a bit older since there is less body fat to soften those wrinkles.

i noticed teh both claudia adn amanda's faces filled out while they were preggers. and, personally, i like them with a bit more flesh on thier faces. it makes them look a lot younger.

when some actresses diet a lot adn stay too thin, they usually look older than their years because their faces are too gaunt
              There are moments when her face is thin though! I don't really like it
              But I absolutely love her with more flesh like you say. It looks healtier too.

Comment

She seems to have a pretty healthy attitude. I remember reading she said she wasn't going to go crazy on the weight loss after the pregnancy b/c she was breast feeding & needed to think of Olivia.

Comment

Try to read everything not even I tried to read everything! If you do we will never see you again...there is just sooooo much to read
                  well let me be the first to try it.. who knews maybe I can do it But I don't think I will have much sleep than? anyone an idee how I can do it, I guess coffee wil do the trick

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                    She seems to have a pretty healthy attitude. I remember reading she said she wasn't going to go crazy on the weight loss after the pregnancy b/c she was breast feeding & needed to think of Olivia.
                    Yeah, I could've hugged her when I read that. Regardless of whether it was 100% true or not in reality, for her to come out and publicly support that image and that healthy lifestyle choice shows how much she acknowledges and respects (takes seriously) the fact that she is a role model and that people will follow where she leads. Amanda's awareness of her responsibility as a celebrity in addition to her down-to-earth personality [the one she projects, at least] have always been a huge factor of my respect for her.
                    Last edited by minigeek; 01 June 2006, 11:14 AM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

A bit of news regarding Amanda:

This past week, Amanda donated her to time to appear in a short film called Breakdown, produced for the Crazy8s film festival in Vancouver. The crews have eight days to make their projects, including two days of filming. Breakdown will premiere Saturday night at the festival.

I've seen the following descriptions of the film:

"industry-insider comedy about the disaster-plagued shoot of an earthquake-disaster movie. The blue-chip Vancouver cast included Chris Shyer (TV's Whistler), Amanda Tapping (Stargate SG-1) and Carly McKillip (Alice, I Think) as a quake-struck family, along with Winston Reckert, Garry Chalk and Sonya Salomaa."

"set-in-Vancouver earthquake story"

"When an earthquake hits Vancouver, criminal lawyer Steve Peterson must find his ex-wife and his daughter while the city breaks down around him."

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal

This past week, Amanda donated her to time to appear in a short film called Breakdown, produced for the Crazy8s film festival in Vancouver. The crews have eight days to make their projects, including two days of filming. Breakdown will premiere Saturday night.

"industry-insider comedy about the disaster-plagued shoot of an earthquake-disaster movie. The blue-chip Vancouver cast included Chris Shyer (TV's Whistler), Amanda Tapping (Stargate SG-1) and Carly McKillip (Alice, I Think) as a quake-struck family, along with Winston Reckert, Garry Chalk and Sonya Salomaa."

"When an earthquake hits Vancouver, criminal lawyer Steve Peterson must find his ex-wife and his daughter while the city breaks down around him."
                        Very interesting.

Premiering...where and at what time?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          Premiering...where and at what time?

3 June 2006, 7 PM
                          The Centre for the Performing Arts, 777 Homer St.
                          Vancouver

Comment

3 June 2006, 7 PM
                            The Centre for the Performing Arts, 777 Homer St.
                            Vancouver
                            Dang.

So...no DVD releases then, eh? Or maybe a limited release during or after the film festival?

Yes...I know. I'm a moron when it comes to this kind of thing. Just pat me on the head and feel my pain.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

This past week, Amanda donated her to time to appear in a short film called Breakdown, produced for the Crazy8s film festival in Vancouver. The crews have eight days to make their projects, including two days of filming. Breakdown will premiere Saturday night at the festival.

Hey, this sounds like fun!

How do you find these things? At any rate, thanks for doing so!

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                Dang.

So...no DVD releases then, eh? Or maybe a limited release during or after the film festival?
                                I'm not sure. I've an inquiry into the film folks.

Comment

Working...
                                X