Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

part 1 of my big honkin long fic is up
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2953435/1/

chapter 1 of 8 i think. They're all done, but i'm posting roughly one chapter per day simply because it's a bloody long fic

and it does start out daniel, but does end up teamy, i promise. and sam is in it, even if she's not as large of a part as is my norm, she is there. along with a few surprises. this is one weird au that took on a life of its own
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      part 1 of my big honkin long fic is up
      http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2953435/1/

chapter 1 of 8 i think. They're all done, but i'm posting roughly one chapter per day simply because it's a bloody long fic

and it does start out daniel, but does end up teamy, i promise. and sam is in it, even if she's not as large of a part as is my norm, she is there. along with a few surprises. this is one weird au that took on a life of its own
      Oooo I love the title Sky, My big honkin long fic
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by JessM
        Hi there. I don't blame you one bit. That was one of my fears as well... that season 10 will become the "Daniel and Vala Show" and that the other characters, especially Sam, will be shoved to the background. I would love to see more interaction between the original team members...that's just one of the things that makes this show great for me.
        One of my problems with S9 was the early interaction between Daniel and Sam. Daniel and Sam bonded early on and I've always liked their close relationship and rapport. In New Order (can you tell I'm reviewing for the s8 voting?) Daniel
        Spoiler:
        was the one pushing the idea that Sam could still be alive and he reacted strongly when they were told there were no life signs. He has a great smile on his face when they find her alive.
        Then when Sam comes back in season 9
        Spoiler:
        it's like ho hum, here we are. I know they had a couple of lines indicating they'd talked while she was gone, but I found it kind of lame. It wasn't really until the out of phase episode that we saw some of their old rapport.
        Just because you add new characters doesn't mean the old ones lose their bonds. I'm hoping they deal with the Vala "fish out of water" situation--her having to break into the tight knit Big 3--with as much emphasis on the big 3 as on her. Kind of like they did with Jonas. Ok, I'm in an optimistic mood at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
          One of my problems with S9 was the early interaction between Daniel and Sam. Daniel and Sam bonded early on and I've always liked their close relationship and rapport. In New Order (can you tell I'm reviewing for the s8 voting?) Daniel
          Spoiler:
          was the one pushing the idea that Sam could still be alive and he reacted strongly when they were told there were no life signs. He has a great smile on his face when they find her alive.
          Then when Sam comes back in season 9
          Spoiler:
          it's like ho hum, here we are. I know they had a couple of lines indicating they'd talked while she was gone, but I found it kind of lame. It wasn't really until the out of phase episode that we saw some of their old rapport.
          Just because you add new characters doesn't mean the old ones lose their bonds. I'm hoping they deal with the Vala "fish out of water" situation--her having to break into the tight knit Big 3--with as much emphasis on the big 3 as on her. Kind of like they did with Jonas. Ok, I'm in an optimistic mood at the moment.
          I noticed that too. Sam and Daniel clicked straight away in "Children of the Gods" but in "Beachhead", it's apparently been a couple of weeks since they spoke. That didn't make sense.

I agree completely that you can introduce new characters without taking away from the bond that the established characters share. In fact, I would say that if the new character cannot be brought in except at the expense of the established characters and their bond, then it is far better not to bring the new character in at all.

It would have made for much better drama if Mitchell hadn't been accepted unreservedly by SG-1. I don't mean that they would be cool towards him, or deliberately exclude him or anything like that, but that he (and the audience) would be aware of their bond, that they were a family and he wasn't yet part of that family. The same with Vala.

Jack should have been spoken of often, by Daniel and Teal'c as well as Sam.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Please remember to heal Sam - every vote counts this late in the game.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=28328

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I don't care what Jonas told you--I did NOT talk to Lt. Evans for him and I'm NOT calling to find out if Lt. Jones likes you.

Comment

I love this scene, Jess! There are so many great Sam/Daniel moments in the history of Stargate... They make a good pair.

The ones from S7 and S8 are the best for me, because they came after a two-year drought, and preceded S9's issues.

Comment

*snurched from KatG's post...

Did anyone else feel that in THEIR toes? Holy hannah! What a kiss! Why couldn't I have taken over Amanda's body just long enough to enjoy that kiss with RDA?

Oh yeah...Amanda/Sam ROCKS! Especially with that kiss!

*fans self Is it hot in here?
                  sigpic
                  I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                    That was amazing, Sky. It's not what I expected, it's something amazing and unique.... I'm in my happy place now
                    *sniff* Wow, as if I didn't miss Jacob already.

Thank god I only have 40 or so days 'til I get to meet Carmen!

Great job on the fic, Sky!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      LOL

i don't hate it. Can't say that i've ever seen them as anything more than bro and sis though.

on the show, sam/dan and sam/teal'c are just friends. in fic???? well in fic i'll play with sam/teal'c but still can't wrap my head around sam/dan. it's like sam/jonas, they'll never be more than friends in my book
                      I'm with you. I see Sam and Daniel as more bro/sis than anything else. That doesn't mean I hate S/D shippers, just don't see it.

Yes, if you MUST know, I'm a J/S shipper, but I tend to keep it to myself (ok, except for that one post I just did) and just enjoy the show and posting here about Sam.
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome, minigeek! Well, as long as it's all good natured...

I don't jab very well, so I think I'll just have to make do with this...if that's okay...

and a silly lil smiley that I made...

One thing that's important to remember here is that this thread is all about Sam and Amanda. Since this is a character/actress thread, we can talk about the various aspects of her life...her loves, her losses, etc. and romance is inevitably considered as a small part of who she is and is most certainly up for debate amongst us all. Well we all have our issues on this particular topic.

Some of us like Sam/Jack, some like Sam/Janet, some like Sam/Teal'c, some like Sam/Daniel...etc. etc. and so forth...and some have nervous ticks that disrupt their equilibrium when the topic of ship is raised at all...like jckfan. (geez, folks I'm playing around here...jckfan, you know I lurve ya)

And we tease each other. Constantly. But with lurve and adoration. For instance, I'll post an Oooooooober shippy pic of Sam and Jack. And maybe Strix will respond with a picture of Sam and Janet. Then I'll say something snarky...yet lurving...about my poor Samandan friends who don't see yet the light about the wonder and HAWTNESS that is Sam/Jack, and tsaxlady will post a picture of Sam and Pete and a note with the verbal equivalent of giving me the rasberry.

AND WE ALL LAUGH ABOUT IT because it's fun.

My point is though that even if people don't appreciate a romantic relationship with Sam + person A, they more than likely appreciate the friendship between them. Then of course there is the fact that Sam is involved, and it's in a positive light of her character...which makes it a win all around!

I love Sam and Daniel's relationship so I hope you will post here often.

Oh and Welcome to the Kingdom of Samanda.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                          *snurched from KatG's post...

Did anyone else feel that in THEIR toes? Holy hannah! What a kiss! Why couldn't I have taken over Amanda's body just long enough to enjoy that kiss with RDA?

Oh yeah...Amanda/Sam ROCKS! Especially with that kiss!

*fans self Is it hot in here?
                          I know. Seriously. Just ONCE I wouldn't have mind inhabiting her body for all 12 takes on that one.

Yum.

Sorry...I know I'm being shallow here...but LOOK AT THEM!

*steals Sunny's fan*

Oh...on topic, on topic.

SAM IS SO DANG COOL!
                          (I know, I'm nothing if not articulate).

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                            One thing that's important to remember here is that this thread is all about Sam and Amanda. Since this is a character/actress thread, we can talk about the various aspects of her life...her loves, her losses, etc. and romance is inevitably considered as a small part of who she is and is most certainly up for debate amongst us all. Well we all have our issues on this particular topic.

Some of us like Sam/Jack, some like Sam/Janet, some like Sam/Teal'c, some like Sam/Daniel...etc. etc. and so forth...and some have nervous ticks that disrupt their equilibrium when the topic of ship is raised at all...like jckfan. (geez, folks I'm playing around here...jckfan, you know I lurve ya)

And we tease each other. Constantly. But with lurve and adoration. For instance, I'll post an Oooooooober shippy pic of Sam and Jack. And maybe Strix will respond with a picture of Sam and Janet. Then I'll say something snarky...yet lurving...about my poor Samandan friends who don't see yet the light about the wonder and HAWTNESS that is Sam/Jack, and tsaxlady will post a picture of Sam and Pete and a note with the verbal equivalent of giving me the rasberry.

AND WE ALL LAUGH ABOUT IT because it's fun.

My point is though that even if people don't appreciate a romantic relationship with Sam + person A, they more than likely appreciate the friendship between them. Then of course there is the fact that Sam is involved, and it's in a positive light of her character...which makes it a win all around!

I love Sam and Daniel's relationship so I hope you will post here often.

Oh and Welcome to the Kingdom of Samanda.

Nice post Über. But nn nnn nnervous t tt tick, m mm me? Whaattt evv ver cc can y you mm mmean?

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                              I know. Seriously. Just ONCE I wouldn't have mind inhabiting her body for all 12 takes on that one.

Yum.

Sorry...I know I'm being shallow here...but LOOK AT THEM!

*added again, by Sunny

*steals Sunny's fan*

Oh...on topic, on topic.

SAM IS SO DANG COOL!
                              (I know, I'm nothing if not articulate).

*smacks OoooOooooOOber and steals the fan back

Get your own fan!

Yes, Sam is sooooo DANG COOL!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                                I noticed that too. Sam and Daniel clicked straight away in "Children of the Gods" but in "Beachhead", it's apparently been a couple of weeks since they spoke. That didn't make sense.

I agree completely that you can introduce new characters without taking away from the bond that the established characters share. In fact, I would say that if the new character cannot be brought in except at the expense of the established characters and their bond, then it is far better not to bring the new character in at all.

It would have made for much better drama if Mitchell hadn't been accepted unreservedly by SG-1. I don't mean that they would be cool towards him, or deliberately exclude him or anything like that, but that he (and the audience) would be aware of their bond, that they were a family and he wasn't yet part of that family. The same with Vala.

Jack should have been spoken of often, by Daniel and Teal'c as well as Sam.

It's not the length of time they went without talking-I've gone two weeks without talking to my best friend in another state because life sometimes does that to you. It's just that when Sam and Daniel, and Sam and Teal'c, and Daniel and Teal'c, and the three of them were together this year they just didn't seem to have that old 'click'. The concern for one another, or the friendship beats they used to throw in.

Ethon was the only episode where I felt that concern they used to have for each other. Remember in, I think it was Ascension, when Daniel asked Jack how Sam was-and Jack went on in his typical 'well the situation is thus and such' and Daniel just nodded and repeated, with a bit more emphasis "How's Sam?" Or Teal'c's concern for Sam when Jack was missing, and visa versa.

I miss the light, friendship moments too. Arthur's Mantle was the first time all season where it felt like Sam was friends with any of these guys, and not just co-workers. Remember Daniel teasing Sam about going to Sci-Fi movies that she knows she'll hate? Or the 'What's a girl to do?" scene from Space Race?

I want more of that for Sam next season. And yes, I want to see more of it with Daniel and Teal'c than Mitchell and Vala. Those are the relationships that are established, are important. If all I got was Sam beats with Mitchell or Vala, well call me Negative Nellie but I won't be satisfied.

Edited to add: I believe this was my 600th post!
                                Last edited by Deejay435; 23 May 2006, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X