Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1
    No we don't mind you asking If it seems like we are ignoring the question, don't worry we aren't. I myself don't have an answer for you Just be patient, hopefully the answer will come
    Whoops, thanks for picking that up, Mandy. I missed it because I've only been skimming posts (I have exams all week and not enough time to read properly).

The AT's Angels are a group of five fans from the ATClub message board. They consider themselves to be an elite group and they don't accept "members". I think they do have a private message board somewhere, but I don't know much about it. They're pretty much all Sam/Daniel shippers, and the reason I asked you was because they use a similar sig to yours, which says the "Sam/Daniel Rebellion".

Myrth? Have I forgotten anything?
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
      Hey Jess! I don't know about those other folks you speak of, but speaking as the fairly rabid Sam/Jack shipper that I am - WELCOME TO SAMANDA!

We often trade good natured jibes back and forth where the many love-lives of Sam Carter are concerned, but it's all in good fun around here, and respect is always paramount.

So, glad to have ya on board, hun!! And oh yes, before I forget...

[CENTER]SAM & JACK 4 EVAH!!!
      http://img422.imageshack.us/img422/6909/hug4wm.gif

oops, wrong photo, hang on I'll get it right, I know I got it around here someplace dammit... where the heck did I stow ooooober's pic... hmm...
      Oh, yes!
      Here we go!
      http://img270.imageshack.us/img270/6...1yr60103br.jpg
      Crap, no that's not it either.
      #)R%(%(*% Hang on, I WILL find this thing...
      http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/7327/n32108tc.jpg
      D'oh!
      Hmm....

Ah, Oui!!
      http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/8...kiss2000fo.gif
      Knew I could find it!
      I really need to organize my picture folder better...
      http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/2...jacksam4mc.gif[
      [LEFT]
      Hugs,
      geeeeeeeek
      Thanks for the warm welcome, minigeek! Well, as long as it's all good natured...

I don't jab very well, so I think I'll just have to make do with this...if that's okay...

and a silly lil smiley that I made...

Comment

my eternal thanks to the last two voters...who kept me from having to vote and break the tie

da winnah of season seven is..........................

is..........................

is.................

DEATH KNELL!!!!!!!!!!

it was a close one. DK and Grace were running neck and neck, but DK won in the end
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
          I'd like to read it.
          Okay, here is the link to it. Hope you like.

Comment

Originally posted by JessM
            It's a short first-person POV fic called Remedy. I'd ...um...post a link to it... but it's a Sam/Daniel friendship story ...so not sure if anyone would want to read it.
            we discussed this type of thing a while ago regarding reccing fics with a particular area of focus to them. we were talking about reccing ship fics.

generally speaking i don't think you need to give a warning about friendship fics. we do like to know what we're getting into though, so if its ship i think we like to be warned, or if its a team fic or a whumping fic or whatever.

personally i like to know who's in it, if its shippy, non shippy, gen, and i need to know if its happy or angsty ending etc because i can't read sad fics if they don't have a happy ending and i can't read main-character death unless its not permanent, because i'm a gigantic wuss.

general rule of thumb is, if its got good sam in it, we want to read it, if its got any, um, extras in it, we wanna know so that the people who don't read everything can know if they want to read it or not.

(and related to another post, "samanda" is what we call this thread, hence we who participate in it are called "samandans".

oh, and if you feel like smacking minigeek upside the face right about now, feel free. personally i'm off to rep her for the simpsons pic and the grace kiss. )

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
              No we don't mind you asking If it seems like we are ignoring the question, don't worry we aren't. I myself don't have an answer for you Just be patient, hopefully the answer will come
              Ah, okay, thanks. I just remembered seeing someone mention that some pages up... I think in reply to one of fishyone's posts... or something like that. She mentioned it to me before I joined this thread, and it had me a wee bit intrigued.

I shall be waiting with baited breath.

Comment

Yeah, I love that photo (above), too. How awesome is it? It's one of my favorite Sam scenes of all time. Not only for Sam, but for all of them, together like that. *sigh*

Plus, Teal'c is SMOKIN' in that hot ensemble, baby!

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  my eternal thanks to the last two voters...who kept me from having to vote and break the tie

is.................

DEATH KNELL!!!!!!!!!!

it was a close one. DK and Grace were running neck and neck, but DK won in the end
                  YES!!!!

finally i pick a winner! in your face world!!!!

Comment

Okay, here is the link to it. Hope you like.
                    Thank you.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

is.................

DEATH KNELL!!!!!!!!!!

Whew, glad I could help Yeah DK won, hoping it was one of my votes that broke the tie
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

is.................

DEATH KNELL!!!!!!!!!!

Hooray for "Death Knell"! I love that episode.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                          unfortunately there are a minority of any group of fandom that will give that group a bad name. i do remember a time when there was bad blood on both sides of the s/j, s/d divide, but i can tell you that you only saw the bad side of shippers. i've seen it too from various sides.

even now with that whole "sam hating" area that were mentioned earlier i believe (hopefully anyway!) that its just a vocal minority, and i just steer clear of it now. i'm sure there are some vala fans out there who think that all sam fans are just vala haters because they're sam fans. its an unfortunate mislabling. a lot of us are actually fans of vala too, or could be given time. personally i like her, but i'm cautious about it.

anyway, as far as i'm concerned who you ship or don't ship is irrellevant here because its not a ship discussion/appreciation thread, and if you were flamed here (which you won't be) for liking sam and/or her relationship with another character that would very much go against the point of the thread.

i'm rambling again. um... i don't have a copy of that sam/daniel pic from sacrifices but how bout we find a copy and we caption it!?!
                          Thanks. I'm a relatively new fan of SG... since early-mid S6, so about 4 years. One of the Yahoo groups I belong to is just general SG for the most part... no ship discussions, although there is a vocal minority of S/J people (sorry to keep picking on you guys!) who keep trying to steer discussion in that way and have said a few not so nice things about other ships. I realize though that people like this are in the minority. I've gotten some decent fanfic feedback from other shippers and nonshippers too.

Yeah, I hope that the Sam-hating is just the noise of a loud, irate few. Come to think of it, that one place does breed quite a bit of hysteria still. I had to leave because their discussions about what might take place during s10 were too much... doom and gloom and "the sky is falling"... just too much to deal with.

Thanks again for the encouragement. Most appreciated. Hmm...you'd think I'd have that pic, but I actually don't... anyone have a copy? Might be fun to caption. I have this one that might do in the meantime...

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome, minigeek! Well, as long as it's all good natured...

I don't jab very well, so I think I'll just have to make do with this...if that's okay...

daniel: sam, if you ever touch my sandwich again, you'll be sorry. do you understand?
                            sam: yes daniel, i'm sorry.

Daniel: Sam! what did i tell you about my sandwich!
                            sam: i'm sorry, i tried, but i just had to take it! it looked so good!
                            Daniel: thats it. i'm telling teal'c that you hate star wars!

and a silly lil smiley that I made...

cool smilie. (except for who's in it! )

Comment

Ah, okay, thanks. I just remembered seeing someone mention that some pages up... I think in reply to one of fishyone's posts... or something like that. She mentioned it to me before I joined this thread, and it had me a wee bit intrigued.

I shall be waiting with baited breath.
                              Psst, the answer came at the bottom of pg 1982 from Tracy Jane
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                                Whoops, thanks for picking that up, Mandy. I missed it because I've only been skimming posts (I have exams all week and not enough time to read properly).

The AT's Angels are a group of five fans from the ATClub message board. They consider themselves to be an elite group and they don't accept "members". I think they do have a private message board somewhere, but I don't know much about it. They're pretty much all Sam/Daniel shippers, and the reason I asked you was because they use a similar sig to yours, which says the "Sam/Daniel Rebellion".

Myrth? Have I forgotten anything?
                                Sounds very interesting... hmm wonder if these people belong to the "Sam/Daniel Rebellion" group on Yahoo, then... shame that they don't accept new people. Thanks for the info, Tracy Jane!

Comment

Working...
                                X