Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Excellent work Kat...you've inspired me.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I'm on a roll so for better or for worse, here are a couple more.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Dammit, Uber, Forever, Astro, none of you will take any green for these captioned pictures!

I'll have to settle for telling you they're really cool.
          scarimor

Comment

Yeah me too... the green bar is closed I'm afraid... but they were really realy cool!!

Originally posted by scarimor
            Dammit, Uber, Forever, Astro, none of you will take any green for these captioned pictures!

I'll have to settle for telling you they're really cool.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
              LOL! You have the question I did about one or two weekends ago. I know they have the locater implants now in S9, but needed to know what they had in late S7.

I don't think they were using anything in season 7. They started putting locators for beaming on individuals in season 9 in Ethon with Daniel, I think. Then in Off the Grid they started implanting them.

As far as I remember, SG-1 did not have locating equipment on them in previous seasons. They just kept in contact by radio.

Anyone know different from a specific episode?
              scarimor

Comment

New wallpaper thingy

sigpic

Comment

Woah! Excellent!
                  scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    well, since we know that mitch will never

be written out
                    killed off
                    smartened up
                    made more competant

i too would love to see sam promoted. the alternative woud be to demote mitch but he's the hewo so that won't happen
                    I think that's the fairest solution. On the Who Should Lead thread, the point was made that even to have Sam in command instead of Mitchell when she returned from Area 51 would look like a demotion for Mitchell and I'm sure that there would be Mitchell fans who would object to Sam retaking command, especially now, because of this but promoting Sam and having her take command because of her higher rank does not reflect badly on Mitchell.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                      New wallpaper thingy

That's amazing! Beautifully done.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        the only character that stands a chance in this new show () is daniel jackson. he's been surgically grafted to the vala character (god help him), so he's got more to do than anyone else (original team wise).

poor ms... how he so hates ship.

sally
                        I don't think the character we knew as Daniel Jackson will survive. He'll be a Daniel-shaped comic sidekick for the golden girl.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                          I think that's the fairest solution. On the Who Should Lead thread, the point was made that even to have Sam in command instead of Mitchell when she returned from Area 51 would look like a demotion for Mitchell and I'm sure that there would be Mitchell fans who would object to Sam retaking command, especially now, because of this but promoting Sam and having her take command because of her higher rank does not reflect badly on Mitchell.
                          no more so than to have sam be the boss, transfer, then come back in a lesser role than she was in before

see, if we'd have had major mitchell as he should have been from the beginning most of the issues that many fans have with s9 would be a moot point

not liking mitch's behaviors is a personal issue...but with him being the COMMANDER he's in a much more vulnerable place than he would have been to just be like Jonas

in fact, i think had they made him a major had let him play up the 'giddy hero worship' instead of a majority of the fans not liking the character, i think that it would be just the opposite. he'd be more accepted if he was the hero finding a home amongst his idols (kinda like jonas, just without all that 'he killed daniel' crap)
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

just a friendly reminder

vote, vote, vote for the best s5 eps. i think i have a whole 8 votes
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

no more so than to have sam be the boss, transfer, then come back in a lesser role than she was in before
                              Well, apparently killing Sam's career is perfectly acceptable. Doing anything that might jeopardize Mitchell's future chances of advancement or damage his fragile self-esteem is not.

Personally, I think that the decision should be based on who would be the better leader - and Sam has proven countless times that she would be the best choice by far.

see, if we'd have had major mitchell as he should have been from the beginning most of the issues that many fans have with s9 would be a moot point

not liking mitch's behaviors is a personal issue...but with him being the COMMANDER he's in a much more vulnerable place than he would have been to just be like Jonas

in fact, i think had they made him a major had let him play up the 'giddy hero worship' instead of a majority of the fans not liking the character, i think that it would be just the opposite. he'd be more accepted if he was the hero finding a home amongst his idols (kinda like jonas, just without all that 'he killed daniel' crap)
                              Are there any fics or virtual seasons out there with Major Mitchell?

I think that you're right about most of Mitchell's actions being much more acceptable had he not been in command.

If they absolutely had to have him as a Lieutenant Colonel, then they could have given him a chance for some real character development and both Mitchell and the other characters an opportunity for some drama had he been assigned command in "Avalon", but if Sam retook it on her return.

It would make sense for him to be reckless and out to prove himself in this scenario.

Comment

just a friendly reminder

vote, vote, vote for the best s5 eps. i think i have a whole 8 votes
                                How long do we have. I need to break out the DVDs and rewatch the season before I decide. So many great Sam episodes to choose from.

Comment

Working...
                                X