No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does she visit this thread or just the forum?

I have always wanted to at least say hi to AT, she is a great actor. My dad say that all the shows on Sci-Fi are b class movies. I have to disagree with him.

What username does AT go under or are we not allowed to know?
    sigpic
    She enjoys fresh decrepit-pegasus patties. 99% Lean pegasus burgers.

I have been reincarnated as Teyla's Gymnastic Dance Sticks! Whoot!

When I quote you, I will post my opinion in bold inside of the quote box. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alterans
      Does she visit this thread or just the forum?

I have always wanted to at least say hi to AT, she is a great actor. My dad say that all the shows on Sci-Fi are b class movies. I have to disagree with him.

What username does AT go under or are we not allowed to know?
      she visits the thread, but i don't think she has an sn. if you go to the FAQ and do a search for "cast", you'll see other's sns though

but if you wanna say hi to AT, there are some places she does talk in...i think. like...uhhh...well, cons....and...other places....anybody, little help?
      sigpic
      "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
      Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Uhh... what is cons?
        sigpic

When I quote you, I will post my opinion in bold inside of the quote box. Deal with it.

Comment

conventions. weekends (usually) where some of the actors and crew come to talk to the fans. amanda was a the Vancouver con a little bit ago.

here's the GW section on it (i think):http://www.gateworld.net/fandom/conv...06/index.shtml
          sigpic
          "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)

Comment

Well if they ever had a Con in North Dakota I would go.

One question about Sam. In the series does she have the gene?
            sigpic

Comment

Well if they ever had a Con in North Dakota I would go.

One question about Sam. In the series does she have the gene?
              the ancient gene? no. but she was once possessed by a goa'uld (tok'ra)
              sigpic

Comment

Has she ever tried to use ancient technology? Like the throne chair?
                sigpic

Comment

not sure about north dakota, but Shore Leave (convention) is this july in maryland http://shore-leave.com/. not sure about anything else

EDIT: <oops> ancient tech? she must have. maybe when they first discovered the gene?

EDIT again: foudn the link for upcoming conventions. http://www.creationent.com/calendar.htm
                  sigpic

Comment

I was looking at some auction for tickets to a breakfast with AT. If I were to buy such tickets would I be allowed time to speak with her or is she giving a speech or something?

EDIT: Yeah she was probably the one who figured it out(the gene)
                    sigpic

Comment

I was looking at some auction for tickets to a breakfast with AT. If I were to buy such tickets would I be allowed time to speak with her or is she giving a speech or something?

EDIT: Yeah she was probably the one who figured it out(the gene)
                      breakfast? i donno. the AT&RDA lunch is around 30k now, and i know for that you can talk to them (better if you're paying that much). can i have the link to the breakfast tickets?

firgured what out about the gene?
                      sigpic

Comment

I can't find the link. It was on GW. It was an auction for a breakfast after a con or somthing.

About the gene, who discovered it and what it was for?

EDIT: What is a shipper?
                        sigpic

Comment

I can't find the link. It was on GW. It was an auction for a breakfast after a con or somthing.

About the gene, who discovered it and what it was for?
                          you DO mean the ancient gene, right? the ancients had it to activate thier technology....

EDIT: a shipper is a person who ...ahem...prefers (to one degree or...another) a certain relationship (usually romantic) on a show. in the case of SG-1, its usually Sam and Jack, but varies by context from anything like Sam/Daniel to Sam/Thor to Jack/Ba'al
                          sigpic

Comment

AT has said that she visits here. if she does, she either does so anonymously or keeps her identity secret

personally??? i prefer it that way.

after watching other threads implode when the actor visits, i kinda like that she comes in on the sly

welcome to samanda alterans
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              AT has said that she visits here. if she does, she either does so anonymously or keeps her identity secret

personally??? i prefer it that way.

after watching other threads implode when the actor visits, i kinda like that she comes in on the sly

welcome to samanda alterans
                              But how do we know if a user claims to be AT?

Thanks for the welcome!

The ancient gene, how did they discover it?
                              sigpic

Comment

But how do we know if a user claims to be AT?

Thanks for the welcome!

The ancient gene, how did they discover it?
                                i think Darren (head mod guy) gives them special titles (below thier name, like i'm Goa'uld Underling, Skydiver's a moderator, you're a mature symbiote) to varifiy them.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X