Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1
    Well gosh, golly, gee. look whose picture they use to sell S9 DVD's. It doesn't look like their new leading man /snark
    Oh that is just the cover to the 3rd Vol. of the Season 9 DVD's here are Vol. 1 & 2

Vol. 3 is the first one that Amanda is in every episode
    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
      That's simply something that should be posted here!

And...here's something else that I think should be a visual statement in our thread....
      ]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/accesspics/whoshouldleadpollcolor.jpg
      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=24329

(sorry that the image is so wide, I tried to reduce the size of the pics, but then the words weren't legible)

Well that speaks volumes about Sam does'nt it? and what about Jonas, so glad he's highly placed as i loved what he brought to Stargate in s6!
      Not a bit suprised where Cam and Vala are, especialy Cam!
      Last edited by Skydiver; 23 April 2006, 07:24 AM.
      ......TARA......

Comment

Amanda drew something but it wasn't that version. If you watch her draw it, she doesn't put the hair on

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
        Well, that's an interesting question, Sally, because usually, they will get props people to do paintings and pictures like that, to get the exact effect they want. After all, when it's pre prepared, you don't have to worry about the ink not flowing when you're filming, or it not turning out how you want.

I've seen on British shows where they've done things like that. I remember asking the same question about Cassie's picture in Singularity (is this pic from Singularity too) to a props supervisor I know back in Nottingham. She said that had she been working on the show, she would have had the picture prepared beforehand.

I don't know about this though.
        sigpic

Comment

Sammy stuff. As some of you know, there's a nice little war going on in Blue Jello Corner. It's called ShippyGate! The Smilie Wars - or is it SmilieGate! The Shippy Wars ..? I forget.

These were my first three salvos so I'm popping them here too for fun; behind tags to save space - and delicate sensibilities

Teal'c, he ain't no J/S-shipper:

Spoiler:

Janet goes for chemical warfare:
          Spoiler:

Janet and Vala go Black Ops for their perfect OT3:

Spoiler:

Are you sure?
          Spoiler:

It's not for the delicate...
          Spoiler:

ok...
          Spoiler:

War can be a beautiful thing.
          scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            fic request time. i want someone to write this.

spoilers for s8's 'moebius'

Spoiler:
            when geeky sam, geeky daniel, and macho jerkish jack arrived in ancient egypt, our daniel told them that his sam, jack, and teal'c had been executed (oh, did i HATE that part of the episode). anyhoo, what if daniel had been lying? or, what if he 'thought' his friends had been killed?

what if sam, jack, and teal'c had just run off and were hiding out? what if they'd been separated and were trying to survive on their own? what if they'd been taken by another goauld?

what if they'd survived and wouldn't it be interesting to see what happened to them?

i really, REALLY hated that they'd been killed off. make this not so.
            Spoiler:
            What if Ra sold them, eh?
            scarimor

Comment

New wallpaper

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                New wallpaper
                Excellent.
                scarimor

Comment

Myrth....you may have just provided me with a new desktop and scarimor - I just fell off my chair....those are CLASSIC!

Allow me to jellosplat you both in the reputation face with some green....oh and

HELLLLO everyone. Just in here to drool, don't mind me.
                  ***THIS SPACE FOR RENT***

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                    Here's a little excerpt from one of my stories aimed a certain shipper
                    But don't anyone tell her what happens next
                    I put it in spoiler tags to shorten the post.
                    Spoiler:
                    Sam was having trouble sleeping, she couldn’t believe laying around could cause so much pain. Not only was her injured right side hurting, but her upper back and shoulders were aching also. She tried shifting around to a more comfortable position, but found that almost impossible.

“Are you alright?”

“Ah yea, just having a little trouble getting comfortable.” Sam said as she tried shifting once again letting the pain show on her face.

“Why don’t you let me help you?” He said as he approached the couch.
                    “Oh that’s okay, I’ll be fine.” She said letting out the breath, she was holding.

snip

“Here, use this to lean against.” He said as he handed her the large pillow, which she held up against her (almost hugging it and letting her head fall forward to rest against it.)

“That’s a little better.” She said as she tried to roll her shoulders to get the kinks out. Then she was surprised as she felt his hands on her shoulders.

“Just relax, this should help.” He said as he started to massage her shoulders, he had one hand on either side of her neck, as his thumbs worked their way up her spine to her neck.

He could feel the tight knots as his hands moved around her upper shoulders and neck.
                    ‘Wow, this feels sooo good.’ Sam thought, as she relaxed at his touch.

“You know this would work better on bare skin.” He could feel her muscles tense up at that remark and had to chuckle to himself. “Don’t worry, I’m just going to lift the back of your shirt, so I can get to your shoulders, I don’t want to accidentally touch any bruised area.”

“Um, okay.” Sam said with a gulp, she wasn’t sure if she should be letting him do this but it did feel good, she thought as she buried her head deeper into the pillow.
                    He reached for the bottom of her shirt, and manoeuvred it up over her shoulders and over her head when she lifted it from the pillow. He saw how red her back had become from laying down in one position for so long. He gently started again to massage her shoulders, this time starting on the left one first, kneading and using his thumbs to get at the knots and also moved over her shoulder to include her upper arm. He could feel the tension release and he moved over to her right shoulder. This time he had to be more careful not to get too close to the bruised area. He could hear the small moans as he hit the right spots.

‘Oh boy did he have magic fingers.’ Sam thought as she enjoyed the sensations he was causing. In no time she was totally relaxed, she was feeling a lot better than she had for a while. She was almost disappointed when his hands stopped moving; but soon enough they were on her neck again moving up to her hair line and down again.

He could feel her shiver as he massaged her neck and moved his hands through her hair over her scalp. He could see, even in the dim light, the bump on her head had gone down some and the cut looked to be healing. He moved his hands back down her neck and gently over her back again; this time instead of a deep massage, he gently rubbed his hands across her upper back. He could tell that she had finally relaxed, and wondered if she had fallen asleep, which only made him chuckle to himself.
                    Fic title please?
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the welcome!

"The Carter" (hair cut) I like it!

Comment

**smacks head** I knew there was a reason I came in here.

That fantasy mini series where Amanda was the Lady someone....oh what was it called...she is in it little bit anyway... is playing on the HallMark Network here in Australia - just wanted to give you a heads up to any that had not seen it. Not sure when the next showing is.
                        ***THIS SPACE FOR RENT***

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                          Fic title please?
                          Oh sorry that's Shades of Grey:The Aftermath you can find it here in chapter form http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2522868/1/
                          or on gateworld, just follow the link under my sig
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Presley_Carter

That fantasy mini series where Amanda was the Lady someone....oh what was it called...she is in it little bit anyway... is playing on the HallMark Network here in Australia - just wanted to give you a heads up to any that had not seen it. Not sure when the next showing is.
                            Awe don't hurt yourself, you're always welcome in here, you don't need a reason. Thanks for the info, I think its Legend of Earth Sea or something like that. I remember waiting for AT part in the movie, you have to becareful if you blink you might miss it
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Presley_Carter

Sadly, I no longer have Foxtel. HOWEVER I do have the DVDs in my queue for Quickflix even though AT only had a small part in it

It's released under the title Earthsea here. Thanks for the heads up.
                              -

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                                <gasp-age>

wow.

look at that.

sam WON! <giddy>
                                yay

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Working...
                                X