Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    on the show i don't think i could ever see sam/teal'c as anything but friends.

he's the one person that's been there for her throughout everything. jack's been gone for months, daniel for a year, but teal'c's always been there

i think she depends on him more than she realizes. and i think he's massively fond of her

in fic??? hey, in fic i can have fun, although most of my fic just has theem as friends, not lovers.

out of my300+ stories, just a fraction of them are smut. the friendship angle is a lot more fun to play with
    I can honestly say that your Sam/Teal'c fics are always enough to (momentarily) turn me into an S/T shipper. I agree that it's not exactly canon for them to be romantically intimate, but the bond that they've subtly developed over the years is very tangible. It's not as overt as Sam and Daniel, but it's definitely there.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      on the show i don't think i could ever see sam/teal'c as anything but friends.

he's the one person that's been there for her throughout everything. jack's been gone for months, daniel for a year, but teal'c's always been there

i think she depends on him more than she realizes. and i think he's massively fond of her

in fic??? hey, in fic i can have fun, although most of my fic just has theem as friends, not lovers.

out of my300+ stories, just a fraction of them are smut. the friendship angle is a lot more fun to play with
      And that I can totally see. I think it's the emotional layering of Teal'c as a character (which I think is fairly profound, even though it's understated on-screen) that colors my ability to see him getting physical with Sam. They have such a special friendship, which (I agree with you, Sky) is very deep, it's not quite like a brother/sister, it's more than that, and yet I see how familialy protective I think he'd be of her and I think that's part of the reason I can't see the romantic angle. It's his character, a lot more than hers, imho.

Though I don't mind the pairing, I also don't read a huge amount of Sam/Janet fic either (for the same reasons you outlined, Sky). I can imagine (in my own head) that it could have worked, had those two characters kept going, so I'm not averse to it in fiction; the few I have read to the end (Strix's, primarily) have been quite good, but then again I've been of a similar mind as the author in terms of characterization. I've definitely started a few fics before where I just stood up and walked away from my screen saying: "YIIIKES" to the characterization. In those instances - I don't finish reading.

I'm the first person to admit that I gravitate towards fanfic that's either good team!fic, or good Sam/Jack (or both). Those are my personal reading preferences. Beyond that, I tend not to care to go looking for a lot of other "variety". I'm usually not in much of a mood to read stories that are Sam/other or Jack/other (within the realm of SG-1), because, well, it's my own little personal fantasy world, and that's simply where my headspace is at.

But I certainly respect the huge diversity that's out there in this massive fandom, that's for sure.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
        I'm the first person to admit that I gravitate towards fanfic that's either good team!fic, or good Sam/Jack (or both). Those are my personal reading preferences. Beyond that, I tend not to care to go looking for a lot of other "variety". I'm usually not in much of a mood to read stories that are Sam/other or Jack/other (within the realm of SG-1), because, well, it's my own little personal fantasy world, and that's simply where my headspace is at.

But I certainly respect the huge diversity that's out there in this massive fandom, that's for sure.
        You know it's funny, when you submit a fic there is always a section for pairings. Sometimes I'm not sure if I should put S/J because I try to write it cannon, yes there is UST (never RST, sorry Sally ) and there can be jealousy, but is it really a shipper fic?
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
          You know it's funny, when you submit a fic there is always a section for pairings. Sometimes I'm not sure if I should put S/J because I try to write it cannon, yes there is UST (never RST, sorry Sally ) and there can be jealousy, but is it really a shipper fic?
          If there's a pairing submission menu, isn't there also the option of "none"? I think anyone writing a team fic that follows canon from seasons two through eight would have to add "SJ UST" to their caveats. It's almost not even worth bothering.

Comment

Blue Jello Sam:

Free to all Sam and/or blueberry jelly lovers - just hot-link.
            scarimor

Comment

I think anyone writing a team fic that follows canon from seasons two through eight would have to add "SJ UST" to their caveats. It's almost not even worth bothering.
              Nah. There are people who appreciate the warning. Or maybe just this one person.

Originally posted by scarimor
              Blue Jello Sam:
              scarimor, you are da greatest!

Comment

If there's a pairing submission menu, isn't there also the option of "none"? I think anyone writing a team fic that follows canon from seasons two through eight would have to add "SJ UST" to their caveats. It's almost not even worth bothering.
                Yes, that and hair sniffing. Oh, wait, what was that? UST stands for Undeniable Sniffing There? Aha! I understand now!
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                  Nah. There are people who appreciate the warning. Or maybe just this one person.
                  Well, it was always there on screen - and we didn't get a warning before every episode. How'd ya deal?

Comment

Blue Jello Sam:

Free to all Sam and/or blueberry jelly lovers - just hot-link.
                    scarimor, you rock with the little animations, so cool!

Comment

Well, it was always there on screen - and we didn't get a warning before every episode. How'd ya deal?
                      Shut my eyes, plugged my ears, sang "tra-la-la-la-laaaah" and stayed in denial!
                      scarimor

Comment

Comment

Ha! That's what I've been doing this entire season!
                          sigpic

Comment

Hmm? Me wonders what scarimor did during the episodes Beneath the Surface and Divide and Conquer ?????
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                              Ha! That's what I've been doing this entire season!
                              Haven't we all?!
                              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                                Hmm? Me wonders what scarimor did during the episodes Beneath the Surface and Divide and Conquer ?????
                                thought happy thoughts. peeked at the pretty. wibbled pathetically
                                scarimor

Comment

Working...
                                X