No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very excitable tonight. I've had some inspiration for Samandan Cocktails. But I have to work on them a little bit. Seeing as most of us are normal people with a little zany twist, the Samandan range are going to (basically) be classic cocktails with a twist.

And this is post 4,300!!! Whooot!
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      Very excitable tonight. I've had some inspiration for Samandan Cocktails. But I have to work on them a little bit. Seeing as most of us are normal people with a little zany twist, the Samandan range are going to (basically) be classic cocktails with a twist.

And this is post 4,300!!! Whooot!
      Samandan sounds kind of like a country or planet...

Comment

You know after having read this review on tonight's episode
        Spoiler:
        Stargate SG-1, 8 p.m., Sci Fi Channel. This unusual episode spends much of its time in narration. Fortunately, the narrator is the terrific Claudia Black, formerly of "Farscape" and now the larcenous Vala.
        I may need to try a few new drinks to get through the episode.

I've got a gig tonight and will watch the episode on TIVO either when I get home or some time this weekend. Could be a fast forward episode - to much talk usually puts me to sleep. Maybe I should watch it tonight after the gig since I'm usually running pretty high after a good gig this might be what I need to put me to sleep.
        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Well, the sun's almost over the yardarm and the newest episode will be on in about 2 hours so I think it's time to break open the Royal Liquor Cabinet. I'm not much of a drinker, but I may break out the Bailey's Irish Creme.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
            Well, the sun's almost over the yardarm and the newest episode will be on in about 2 hours so I think it's time to break open the Royal Liquor Cabinet. I'm not much of a drinker, but I may break out the Bailey's Irish Creme.
            No need to break it open, I'm willingly opening the bar and unlocking the emergency stash for those hopeless looking scenarios.

Comment

No need to break it open, I'm willingly opening the bar and unlocking the emergency stash for those hopeless looking scenarios.
              I think alcohol will definitely be required to make it through tonight and next Friday. I wish I had tried the rum and cokes earlier in the season, though. Maybe I wouldn't be so negative about the whole thing.

*stops to think about it*

And then again, maybe not.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                I think alcohol will definitely be required to make it through tonight and next Friday. I wish I had tried the rum and cokes earlier in the season, though. Maybe I wouldn't be so negative about the whole thing.

Damn it, that's what I get for living in a dry county!
                I could be enjoy the season more if I just moved.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia

Spoiler:
                  hehe, well Claudia Black will be featured alot, and she is kinda hot so...

And even better, there doesnt' look to be much Daniel and Vala stuff. I like Daniel and I like Vala - I just don't like the two of 'em together

Comment

I feel a little funny about plugging my own fic, but I'm going to. It's still WIP, only the first five chapters are up. Sam gets raped in the first chapter (warning, it is described in detail) and everyone has to deal with the consequences. The idea is that the same chapters are told from different points of view, so you eventually get the whole story of what people are feeling, how they are dealing, because it's not just the victim who has stuff to come to terms with.

I'm going to say my thank yous here as well. Firstly to Myrth and CampMotha (yup, the one who disappeared after posting about twice ) for beta-ing for me. Then also to Spazzy for continually pestering me to get off my arse and actually upload them (they will go on FF eventually, but they have some weird 3 day induction rule). And thirdly to Ooober and Mini who also gave me the strength and courage to write this.

Wow.... it's like an Oscar acceptance speech! Anyway, I had better give you the link. It is rated ADULT because of the rape scene.

Shattered

Comment

Does anyone not read spoilers like me? I'm getting nervous, but I'm not a big drinker, so maybe I'll just drink some soda. Caffeine actually calms me down.

Originally posted by Lida
                      Hey, we fell off the first page! (give the thread a kick)

OK, that should do it.

And to remain "on thread", I've never thought of Sam as a nerd, as much as I like them. I've always viewed Sam as a woman with a brilliant mind, the ability to remain calm in any situation, but also possessing great empathy for the plight of others. She is extremely loyal to her friends and is not afraid to show her emotions. In addition, she never flaunts her intelligence, like some other characters (which works for them), and she never capitalizes on her beauty. Guess that's why she is my favorite female character in the SG franchise and always will be.
                      I wanted to comment on this, even though it was a few pages ago. I love what you wrote and I agree.

Originally posted by Lida
                      I love that line.....a nerd-in-hiding. ROFL! OK, I'll try and view Sam as nerd-in-hiding.
                      I wold say that Sam is a beautiful, caring, strong, intelligent person, with nerd-like tendencies

Originally posted by minigeek
                      While I'm gone, ya'll can Talk amongst yourselves. Here. I'll give you a topic. Samantha Carter is neither Samantha, nor Carter. Discuss.
                      She is both
                      Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
                      Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

ssooo... i got my season 8 boxset and not only is there no threads commentary, but there is no citizen joe commentary and no it's good to be king commentary. hmmm. well, at least there appears to be commentaries for every other episode. and AT is even on (at least) one of them. so its not really bad, just not as good as it could be.

(anything i should be warned about before i check them out though?)

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                          You know after having read this review on tonight's episode
                          Spoiler:
                          Stargate SG-1, 8 p.m., Sci Fi Channel. This unusual episode spends much of its time in narration. Fortunately, the narrator is the terrific Claudia Black, formerly of "Farscape" and now the larcenous Vala.
                          I may need to try a few new drinks to get through the episode.

I've got a gig tonight and will watch the episode on TIVO either when I get home or some time this weekend. Could be a fast forward episode - to much talk usually puts me to sleep. Maybe I should watch it tonight after the gig since I'm usually running pretty high after a good gig this might be what I need to put me to sleep.
                          get used to it. she's the shiny new toy and i'm willing to bet that every eps will be skewed the same way in its promotion, whether it's true or not
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                            ssooo... i got my season 8 boxset and not only is there no threads commentary, but there is no citizen joe commentary and no it's good to be king commentary. hmmm. well, at least there appears to be commentaries for every other episode. and AT is even on (at least) one of them. so its not really bad, just not as good as it could be.

(anything i should be warned about before i check them out though?)
                            I was checking them out in Asda the other day and noticed the same thing. You know, I'm so "meh" about SG1 at the moment that I can't be arsed to go buy them. I'm just waiting til my mum gets impatient and buys them for me.

Comment

I was checking them out in Asda the other day and noticed the same thing. You know, I'm so "meh" about SG1 at the moment that I can't be arsed to go buy them. I'm just waiting til my mum gets impatient and buys them for me.
                              ooh, crafty. good plan.

i actually feel a bit that way about atlantis. it just doesn't grab my attention the way sg-1 usually does. i love GUP and i really liked, almost loved michael, but i haven't really been able to get into most of the others. i'll watch them again during the summer or something to see if my opinion changes.

as for sg-1, sam and teal'c even if they don't have much to do keep me watching, daniel is still working for me when they aren't trying to make him a totally different guy (although i do like his new, more sarcastic attitude, he's more of a badass), and cam, i've yet to make a real judgement on. he makes me laugh, but he also makes me think duh, you idiot. and i don't like how he's being treated as "the lead", when its supposed to be an ensemble show. even when RDA was onboard, it was still treated as an ensemble IMO.

well now i'm rambling. back to the topic at hand, AT rocks my world! WWOOO!

Comment

I feel a little funny about plugging my own fic, but I'm going to. It's still WIP, only the first five chapters are up. Sam gets raped in the first chapter (warning, it is described in detail) and everyone has to deal with the consequences. The idea is that the same chapters are told from different points of view, so you eventually get the whole story of what people are feeling, how they are dealing, because it's not just the victim who has stuff to come to terms with.

I'm going to say my thank yous here as well. Firstly to Myrth and CampMotha (yup, the one who disappeared after posting about twice ) for beta-ing for me. Then also to Spazzy for continually pestering me to get off my arse and actually upload them (they will go on FF eventually, but they have some weird 3 day induction rule). And thirdly to Ooober and Mini who also gave me the strength and courage to write this.

Wow.... it's like an Oscar acceptance speech! Anyway, I had better give you the link. It is rated ADULT because of the rape scene.

Shattered
                                I hope you'll post again when you've finished. I make it a practice not to read WIPs. Too much suspense already in my life, I don't like it in my fanfic.

Comment

Working...
                                X