• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strix varia
    Caption this?

Sir, aren't we too old to play "Find the Quarter?"

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
      Well I think that's the plan, sort of. They're expecting the old guard to leave the show sooner than later, so the producers want to repopulate with new blood so they can keep their jobs. Add that to the "sex-sells" network politics we've currently got in play and the writing's on the wall, right?
      very much so.

and personally, i would feel a bit better about it if i knew that they were simply thinking ahead and waiting for the old guard to leave and not doing anything they could to push the old guard out the door
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        oh you don't want to depend on me.
        my nickname is 'miss negative' for a reason
        Well that's better than the title I was given once.
        The Royal Court's Sh*t Disturber
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
          LOL! If one immediately knows the cupcake is in the oven, one was cooking with gas a long time ago.
          Though planes fly, guns boom, quips crack, and all manner of ridiculousness ensues - the wise recognize that leadership remains the test of a leader. Sam passes the test. Mitchell... is a joke.
          Why didn't you tell us you were the real Oma, all this time and we never knew
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Cupcakes... whumping... cupcakes... whumping... nope, got nothin.
            Ha ha! Sorry to barge in, but that makes me think of the muffin throwing which 2 individuals, who shall remain nameless, but their initials are MS and CJ took part in during the Burbank California con. Now I've got a thing for muffins. I joined a web site ring called "muffins muffins everywhere" just because of that infamous incident.

Caption this?

Ouch! Why did I decide to get my ears pierced? I knew they'd get infected!
            Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
            Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Caption this?

I know I'm the smart one Sir, but this is stargate not star trek,
              I don't want Mr. Spok ears!
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

Laugh, I'm sorry but someone mentioned to me today that Kallesta's expression looked very much like Amanda's in this photo so I couldn't help mysef and made a sig. I thought you guys might appreciate it.
                Wow, Kat great pic! Makes me smile when I see it
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

One I hadn't seen before.

-
                  I was home sick yesterday and napped to "Proof Positive." Before I dozed off, I noticed how great AT looks glammed up. Darn that woman--she looks great glammed or un-glammed.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                    I rewatched Lifeboat last night...ostensibly a "Daniel centric" episode written by Brad Wright and I was stunned by all the nuances, the moments, the team beats that are there.

First time I saw it, I had kind of a "meh...it's an okay ep" sense about it. Now I see it as gold. Go back and see it again and look at it through new eyes.

Michael did a brilliant job taking on the various personalities of course, from the arrogant sovereign to the innocent boy...but look beyond even that.

See the dynamic between the team.

See Jack's concern for Sam and Daniel when he first wakes up and from Hammond for his two finest officers and for Daniel. See how Hammond knew that they'd go back to the Stromos to try to help Daniel, knowing they were putting themselves at risk.

See Teal'c motion for Sam to stop talking because he hears something and she knows to play along immediately.

See Teal'c and Sam talking to the perpetrator Pharrin on the Stromos...Sam's resolve to make him help Daniel no matter the cost.

SAM: We know of a device capable of transporting all your people, instantaneously, to any number of worlds. We call it a Stargate.
                    PHARRIN: Such a device is not possible.
                    SAM: Come back with us and I'll prove it to you.
                    TEAL'C: However, we will only consent to do so if you return our friend to his former state.
                    PHARRIN: He is preserving life.
                    TEAL'C: (angry) At the expense of his own, against his will!
                    PHARRIN: Please...do not ask us to do this.
                    SAM (strongly): WE'RE NOT ASKING.

See Sam's reaction when she learns one of the lives to be lost is his son...as she understands how great the sacrifice he'd have to make.

See Janet in her compassion and love and friendship for Daniel struggle with responding to the various personalities within...her maternal nature with the boy and her hardline with the sovereign.

MARTICE IN DANIEL: (VERY aggitated now) And you still don't realize who you are talking to!

FRAISER: (equally aggitated) I DON'T GIVE A DAMN! You don't belong in that man's body and I INTEND TO TAKE IT BACK!!!

See Jack's concern for Daniel throughout the episode and how he demanded that the man do what was best for his people and ignore the demands of the arrogant and self important leader.

See at the end how they each huddled around Daniel to see if he's okay and the beat where they all look at him and each other and smiled with relief.

So many team moments in an episode that I enjoyed back then as nothing more than a great showcase of Michael's talent and now I see it as so much more.
                    Can't green ya again, but you've said a mouthful. That Fraiser moment is classic. And you're so right on all the team relationship moments. Each little moment conveys so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                      Sir, aren't we too old to play "Find the Quarter?"
                      "I told you it's not a clip-on earring -ow ow ow!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        I know not everyone here shares my irkdom regarding the whole leadership issue. Here's a question to consider though.

What if Sam was promoted to full bird and the rest stayed the same? Would that change or affect your feelings on this issue?

I don't know. I find the current scenario highly insulting to the Sam character and to Amanda. But if they promoted her to full bird, for me at least it would definitely be a move in the right direction...what do you think?

The more I think about it...the more I love the idea btw.
                        Well by the end of the season she will have saved the planet & galaxy at least several times, so that justifies a promotion even if she's only been a Lt. Col for a relatively short time. I don't see them doing it though b/c of the network (?) need for a male "lead." I think it would have been more interesting for Sam to be the CO and Mitch to be a seasoned Sergeant. Sam could still plan missions etc, but draw on his advice. She could be more big picture. She could say: "Cam, give me some options for rescuing SG11." then she could pick a plan, tweak it a bit & go. I could see SG1 joking about who loves to blow up things more.

Comment

I'd like to see the ratings go down with the Vala/Mitchell show, and see them go up when Amanda appears on Stargate Atlantis.

I don't know if I can stomach staying around for season 11

I'd like to AT get a show on another network, maybe USA they do carry Monk, a good show with smart writing.
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                            I'd like to see the ratings go down with the Vala/Mitchell show, and see them go up when Amanda appears on Stargate Atlantis.

I don't know if I can stomach staying around for season 11

I'd like to AT get a show on another network, maybe USA they do carry Monk, a good show with smart writing.
                            Yeah, I dunno - I'd be really sad to see Sam Carter disappear. I have to say. I'd probably watch whatever Amanda worked on next, at least now and then, but if the character wasn't as cool and as interesting (to me) as Sam Carter has been, I probably wouldn't be able to stick it out. Which isn't to say I wouldn't give it a good try. Heck, a very dear friend of mine from school was on Traders here for a while (Angela Vint, she played Ziggy McLeod) and I was barely able to watch her show more than four or five times while it was on - and that was just for her (it wasn't my cuppa tea, though it was very popular). Sam Carter is really special. Amanda helps make her so, she embodies her, most certainly, but characters like that on television are few and far between...
                            Last edited by minigeek; 23 February 2006, 10:41 AM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Yeah, I dunno - I'd be really sad to see Sam Carter disappear. I have to say. I'd probably watch whatever Amanda worked on next, at least now and then, but if the character wasn't as cool and as interesting (to me) as Sam Carter has been, I probably wouldn't be able to stick it out. Which isn't to say I wouldn't give it a good try. Heck, a very dear friend of mine from school was on Traders here for a number of years and I was barely able to watch her show more than four or five times while it was on - and that was just for her (it wasn't my cuppa tea, though it was very popular). Sam Carter is really special. Amanda helps make her so, she embodies her, most certainly, but characters like that on television are few and far between...
                              I agree, but when such a strong character is put in the background, (having the Big 3 playing cards in the corner) while the New Guys take over the reigns is just too hard to swallow
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                personally? i'm banking ont his too. scifi seems to have this love affaire with claudia certainly, and wtih ben and seem to want nothing more than to kick AT and MS to the curb.
                                You just have to listen to the commentary for PU to see this. The fawning made me sick. CB was fine, it was the guys. Sheesh.

Comment

Working...
                                X