No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Birthday, Skydiver!!! I hope you are having a wonderful day/weekend!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
      This episode just made me feel very, very sad. It's like the people making the show don't even care anymore if it's bad.

And it was bad in so very, very, very many ways. Let me count the ways... well, okay, I'll spare you. But I'll probably do a lament on the anti-season 9 thread at some point.

But, you know, those Asgard transporters are really awesome!

Spoiler:
      They transport people who are sitting down, and then deliver them standing up. They also miraculously clean all the blood off their faces and partially heal their cuts. Unfortunately, they still leave their hands tied. Too bad. Sam needs to fix that.

But she did save the day!

Met too. I'm just sad about the whole show, AGAIN. I felt a little hopeful after Ripple Effect and Ethon, but wow, this episode had so many problems.

The good news though---as AGatefan said so well, Sam was good in it and she showed actual true leadership skills, just like all season. I also really liked Daniel in this one too, although he really didn't get to do much.

Beware of a small rant:

Spoiler:
      I won't be too pessimistic on this thread, but can I just say WOW==I don't think they could write Mitchell any worse than they are! I feel like how Daniel and Sam reacted to him throughout the episode---trying to be tolerant of him, putting up with him. IMO, the way Mitchell is being written (not BB) is ruining the show! I think this is really true! He is just not believable or credible of being leader of SG-1. He's cocky and obnoxious. It is embarrassing. I'll stop now. The good news--Sam saved the day--she was level-headed, competent, and got the job down. Daniel's and Sam's reaction to Mitchell in the last scene was great.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        i like the way the numbers 5,555 look, so in honor of this momentous occasion hehe....
        sam rocks!

she looked gorgeous in tonight's ep! like when doesn't she?

sam was smart and resourceful.

sam saved the day!

margaritas for everyone!

sally

Jack: "Sal is amazing. 5,555 posts and most of them about us! FCOL, I wish the writers would take the hint!"

Sam: "It's okay, we know the truth. Sweetie, would you get me another beer?"
        Last edited by ChopinGal; 11 February 2006, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
          Okay so I'm feeling a bit snarky tonight.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d93/tsaxlady/BW.jpg
          Brad: What you don't think Cam is the best thing since sliced bread? Don't tell Rob.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d93/tsaxlady/RCC.jpg
          Rob: I just don't get it everyone should see Cam is the leader and he's great.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d9...dy/CJATCOM.jpg
          Chris: I know the guys at the other end of the table want Ben's character in charge but we know who will really shine and it ain't Shaft

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d93/tsaxlady/BB.jpg
          Ben: Amanda really does out shine me and Sam should be in charge full-time.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d9...lady/ATCOM.jpg
          AT (thinking): Don't worry SAMANDA Cam may be in charge on paper but we know who the real star of the show is.
          ROFLMAO!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! You really brought a smile to my face this morning with this one. Wish I could green you for it, but it won't let me! Dagnabit!

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
            Met too. I'm just sad about the whole show, AGAIN. I felt a little hopeful after Ripple Effect and Ethon, but wow, this episode had so many problems.

The good news though---as AGatefan said so well, Sam was good in it and she showed actual true leadership skills, just like all season. I also really liked Daniel in this one too, although he really didn't get to do much.

Beware of a small rant:

Spoiler:
            I won't be too pessimistic on this thread, but can I just say WOW==I don't think they could write Mitchell any worse than they are! I feel like how Daniel and Sam reacted to him throughout the episode---trying to be tolerant of him, putting up with him. IMO, the way Mitchell is being written (not BB) is ruining the show! I think this is really true! He is just not believable or credible of being leader of SG-1. He's cocky and obnoxious. It is embarrassing. I'll stop now. The good news--Sam saved the day--she was level-headed, competent, and got the job down. Daniel's and Sam's reaction to Mitchell in the last scene was great.
            See, that's how I see it too ... overall show sliding downhill while Sam Carter is emerging more in command and relaxed and going upwards.

Do you think the poor writing of Cam and Sam and Daniel's growing annoyance with him are actually intentional? Or is it just starting to play itself out that way (the actors reacting to the scripts rather than listening to a director) and the writers don't have a clue about what they have wrought?!

Comment

Originally posted by dexterav

Sam: "Even a 'spoonful of sugar' can't get this bad taste out of my mouth. Grow up!"

AT: "Stuck in a cornfield taking orders from Cam .... I gave up a movie deal for this?!"

nice!
              Thanks, dex. Let's play captionary!!

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
                Off The Grid was'nt bad. BB"s character was getting on my nerves a bit. He's trying to the win enemie's attention away from the rest of the team just as Jack did, and taking the brunt of the punishment..just as Jack did.. He isn't Jack by a longgggg shot and I wish they'd stop with the "It worked before" mentality and come up with something new for the poor guy.
                I loved seeing Sam's intelligence kick into high gear
                Spoiler:
                and save the day again.
                Spoiler:
                i agree. ok, so he did 'redeem' himself in the end, trying to keep them from getting killed

however, if he had just stuck to the outline of the missino in the first place, you know, flying under the radar, none of it would have had to happen.

cam, in this episode, came off like an adrenaline junkie desperately, desperately in need of a fix. so desperate that he'll skirt the edges of the orders and rules to get his way

so not a good way to portray the guy i'm supposed to see as the new and better leader of the team
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                  Okay so I'm feeling a bit snarky tonight.

Brad: What you don't think Cam is the best thing since sliced bread? Don't tell Rob.

Rob: I just don't get it everyone should see Cam is the leader and he's great.

Chris: I know the guys at the other end of the table want Ben's character in charge but we know who will really shine and it ain't Shaft

Ben: Amanda really does out shine me and Sam should be in charge full-time.

AT (thinking): Don't worry SAMANDA Cam may be in charge on paper but we know who the real star of the show is.
                  Samfantastic!!

Comment

While I was watching OTG last night, I had to laugh and think "Wow, Tracy Jane and Agent Dark must be loving this episode"

Oh and tsaxlady Snark away
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                      See, that's how I see it too ... overall show sliding downhill while Sam Carter is emerging more in command and relaxed and going upwards.

Do you think the poor writing of Cam and Sam and Daniel's growing annoyance with him are actually intentional? Or is it just starting to play itself out that way (the actors reacting to the scripts rather than listening to a director) and the writers don't have a clue about what they have wrought?!
                      i do have to wonder. are they deliberately trying to destroy cam? is this thier motive? to totally ruin the character? cause every time he acts like a 2 year old i sit back and think 'you know, jack woulda so kicked his ass for being such an idiot
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                        While I was watching OTG last night, I had to laugh and think "Wow, Tracy Jane and Agent Dark must be loving this episode"

Oh and tsaxlady Snark away
                        The difference being that Agent Dark and I haven't seen the episode yet....grrrr.

Only two months til I get back to Nottingham and see it..... AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHH. No!!! Just realised that I'm off to Helsinki and Berlin. Sugar. Not gonna see it til July.....
                        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I think Cam has earned his spot on the team!
                          Spoiler:
                          As the team screwup

Now do you really want that leading SG1 or any team?
                          Spoiler:
                          Just leave him alone with his gun, I'm sure he'll be very happy
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                            The difference being that Agent Dark and I haven't seen the episode yet....grrrr.

Only two months til I get back to Nottingham and see it..... AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHH. No!!! Just realised that I'm off to Helsinki and Berlin. Sugar. Not gonna see it til July.....
                            I'm sure AD will fill you in on all the good parts
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              i do have to wonder. are they deliberately trying to destroy cam? is this their motive? to totally ruin the character? cause every time he acts like a 2 year old i sit back and think 'you know, jack woulda so kicked his ass for being such an idiot
                              This is what I don't understand ... and who writes the mission reports? Isn't Landry becoming a bit concerned or is he just clueless also?

CPR is needed - Cam Professional Resuscitation! Send the guy to some leadership training courses!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                                I think Cam has earned his spot on the team!
                                Spoiler:
                                As the team screwup

Now do you really want that leading SG1 or any team?
                                Spoiler:
                                Just leave him alone with his gun, I'm sure he'll be very happy
                                You can't leave Cam alone with his gun, Mandy. He'd probably misfire and shoot.....

Oh wait. I see where you're coming from.

Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X