Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek
    Yeah, I didn't bother with the tags on purpose. I figured the "auntie em" bit wasn't spoiling anything anyway and unless there's a real spoiler in something, I loathe using those tags; makes it a pain to try and read.
    It wasn't you, (or you Sky... heaven forbid; me correcting a mod??) it was a general comment. The first bit was aimed at you, the second was a general comment. There are a lot of people quoting segments from RE without spoiler tags. I have an obsession.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

You've been feeling that way too, huh? Only for me, it's more like "two stooges" - Daniel and Cameron. It's like they're trying to turn the episode into some kind of twisted comedy a lot of the time, giving those two lines and actions that a) don't suit their characters and b) have no significant bearing on the plot. I really had a problem with Fourth Horseman Pt II because of all the back-forth inanity between Daniel and Cameron in that episode. And that seems to be a disturbing theme for this season. They're trying *too hard* to make fun of themselves; so hard they're losing the essence of the characters, and it's falling pretty flat.
      I can kinda believe Daniel, he's become slightly more quippy as the seasons have progressed, and for Cameron, I guess that is his personality. But the
      Spoiler:
      Guess there's more where we came from
      fell a bit flat, IMO. I suppose there's a limit and TPTB are now trying too hard. We need more dry humour and less of this 14 year old adolescent humour like the
      Spoiler:
      "Amy Penterburgh" Second base
      line.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
        I have an obsession.
        Wait... wait....

I'm a little rusty but...

... the ESP is kicking in....

The spirits are talking to me...

... I'm getting a name....

... I'm getting...

...A....

...Amanda....

...Amanda ... ... ... TAPPING!

Amanda Tapping?!

You're obsessed with Amanda Tapping? Sheesh, girl! What's up with THAT?!

-

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Amanda Tapping?!

You're obsessed with Amanda Tapping? Sheesh, girl! What's up with THAT?!

-
          Actually, I was on about my other obsession. The slightly more disturbing one......

Spoiler:
          spoiler tags

Comment

Actually, I was on about my other obsession. The slightly more disturbing one......

Spoiler:
            spoiler tags
            Well yes. I knew that. I was *trying* to be cheeky and facetious ... apparently I suck at it.

D'oh.

Comment

Originally Posted by parsifal
              Thanks for the tip! We need some photos from this reception that's mentioned
              I recently saw one of our Canadian entertainment shows that covered the Lake Louise skiing event. They interviewed RDA and Joe Flannigan but sadly not Amanda. I also saw the tidbit they did on the reception. I can't be sure but I think I saw the top of Amanda's head.
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

...and can I just GRIPE for a minute here? We're always going on (here in the great white Canajun North) about how funny our American cousins are when it comes to knowing anything about Canada (which is to say a lot of folks south of the border don't know a lot about us here), BUT today I was making my GABIT2 reservation with the Renaissance Heathrow and the woman asked me if I was from America, to which I replied, yes, North America, more specifically Canada. She then asked me for my postal address, I gave it to her (in full), and when I was done, she puts me on hold for about a minute, comes back and says (in a perfectly lovely British accent): "Ontario - what state is that in?"

I said: "We have the same Queen, you know..."

OK. I'm done now.

Comment

Originally Posted by Skydiver
                  martouf has been pushing up daisies in the SG universe for 5 years, why worry about him now??? janet's departure is still a raw seeping wound. let's take care of and address that
                  Martouf has always been a troubled character in my mind. It all started when they introduced him opposite Jacob/Selmak. Initially I think he was supposed to provide a stable, recurring link to the Tok'ra, but was shuffled off to the side after seeing how well the Jacob and Sam dynamic worked. His best scene came when Lantash heatedly took over in Serpent's Song, although TPTB never really went off in that vein again. He simply became a rather bland addition, always playing second fiddle to either Jacob (Jolinar's Memories/Devil You Know) or the plot (Divide and Conquer). I've always bristled at the notion that he was killed because of Sam/Jack ship. He was actually killed in favor of Jacob, and it was a good decision.

Spoiler:
                  His return in Ripple Effect was given far more prominence than the character warranted. He's played here as if he was more important to the storyline than he actually was. Imagine if Teryl was the only guest character in Ripple Effect, if all of Sam's scenes with Martouf had been with Janet. It would have made for a far more powerful and meaningful reunion, and given the episode more of a bittersweet flavor. At least to me, that is.

Comment

...and can I just GRIPE for a minute here? We're always going on (here in the great white Canajun North) about how funny our American cousins are when it comes to knowing anything about Canada (which is to say a lot of folks south of the border don't know a lot about us here), BUT today I was making my GABIT2 reservation with the Renaissance Heathrow and the woman asked me if I was from America, to which I replied, yes, North America, more specifically Canada. She then asked me for my postal address, I gave it to her (in full), and when I was done, she puts me on hold for about a minute, comes back and says (in a perfectly lovely British accent): "Ontario - what state is that in?"

OK. I'm done now.
                    Errrr... I don't know how to excuse that awful behaviour! That's terrible! Although, I have to admit, about 60% of hotel staff are work experience staff or school kids trying to earn an extra few pounds. I think you probably confused her by saying yes to the America question. But also, to be fair, people over here generally don't know much about Canada or the different provinces.

Still no excuse. *huggles to Minigeek*

And yes... you do suck!! Hehehe. Love you really.

Comment

OK. I'm done now.
                      Ontario! Why that's the same STATE I live in
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                        Ontario! Why that's the same STATE I live in
                        Yup! Sunny T.O. Well, mostly sunny today at least. Not that I see much sun here in the studio... erm.... bleh.

Comment

Okay, now on a more serious note. I have a question I need answering for the fic I'm writing. If the Goa'uld in a host is injured, does spilling it's blood kill the host?
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

And yes... you do suck!! Hehehe. Love you really.
                            Oh, yeah SURE.

Comment

Yup! Sunny T.O. Well, mostly sunny today at least. Not that I see much sun here in the studio... erm.... bleh.
                              Sun? What's that? I don't understand the concept!!!

Only kidding. Course I do. But only cos I spend the three summer months in France every year.

Comment

Now to confuse more people by saying I live in London
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X