No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well they are trying to promote a catch phrase for the season... "Samanda Got the BAND BACK TOGETHER!!"

Originally posted by Strix varia
    Daniel in Vala's bra, Teal'c in a tutu, Hammond in a wig with lipstick... Now if we can get Jack and Sam to tapdance, dress Mitchell in a feather boa, and persuade Vala to sing the lead, we'll have the entire cast for the 200th episode musical.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lys

CAPTION !
      JACK: Yes, Teal'c, that's why they developed the saying, "Just say no."

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
        Yeah, my fav shots from that sequence were these ones:

http://gateworld.net/atlantis/s2/graphics/214_02.shtml
        and
        http://gateworld.net/atlantis/s2/graphics/214_01.shtml

....and here's a good shot from GW's gallery for Stronghold, too.
        http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/7794/914065jq.jpg

mini

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
          Yeah, makes me appreciate the dedication of cast and crew to film all day in a tank of water. You know that can't be comfortable.

My LJ

Comment

Yeah, makes me appreciate the dedication of cast and crew to film all day in a tank of water. You know that can't be comfortable.
            Yeah, I'm sure that's true. But they do get paid for it. Moreso for wet, uncomfortable predicaments.

Really, I admire the dedication of anyone who slogs off to work/career every day and gives it 110%. Whether they get up at 4:30am or 10:30am. I don't think the dedication of the cast and crew is any greater than most other working-stiffs who put their all into what they do every day (those that strive for excellence). Cast/Crew just get more public praise bacause their professions are more glamorized.

I probably sound preachy, but that's a sticking point for me. I always kinda cringe when folks meet an industry slob (or even a star) and say: "Oh, you must work sooo hard..."

Well, yeah. True enough. But I betcha you work just as hard every day, Strix. And are just as dedicated to what you do. If only 10,000 people would start up an online forum to tell ya how much they appreciate it, too, eh? lol

I admire EVERYONE who puts all they've got into whatever it is they choose to make a career out of for themselves. Shirtless Martin Wood included.

mini

Comment

The worst part had to be the wet clothes! Did you notice that Martin Wood had taken his shirt off?

I still think this ep is going to be great fun.....but I wasn't quite prepared for
              Spoiler:
              three kisses! Eecckkkk!

Comment

Well, yeah. True enough. But I betcha you work just as hard every day, Strix. And are just as dedicated to what you do. If only 10,000 people would start up an online forum to tell ya how much they appreciate it, too, eh? lol

mini
                *puts on to-do list*
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure that's true. But they do get paid for it. Moreso for wet, uncomfortable predicaments.

Really, I admire the dedication of anyone who slogs off to work/career every day and gives it 110%. Whether they get up at 4:30am or 10:30am. I don't think the dedication of the cast and crew is any greater than most other working-stiffs who put their all into what they do every day (those that strive for excellence). Cast/Crew just get more public praise bacause their professions are more glamorized.

I probably sound preachy, but that's a sticking point for me. I always kinda cringe when folks meet an industry slob (or even a star) and say: "Oh, you must work sooo hard..."

I admire EVERYONE who puts all they've got into whatever it is they choose to make a career out of for themselves. Shirtless Martin Wood included.

mini
                  Yeah, it's a good point. But I've been goofing off a lot lately (as if you couldn't tell from my number of posts on the thread recently). I really, really hate having writers block, and the chapter I'm working on just isn't coming together. And terrorism is just such a cheerful topic to immerse myself in every day...

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                    The thought of Sam and Rodney is just... Well think about it, Rodney would probably be over analyzing things taking notes...trying to get the best performance.

To take a quote from Scotty (ST) "I'm giving her all I can Captain, I don't think she can take much more."
                    After seeing those pics with Sam and Rodney I just had to post my thoughts again.
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I'd say minigeek is right. I'm pretty sure the guys on the set goof off all the time too. Probably more than they should!

What are you writing about Strix varia? It sounds deep and dark.

Comment

Originally posted by giggles
                        I'd say minigeek is right. I'm pretty sure the guys on the set goof off all the time too. Probably more than they should!

LOL yup! What giggles said. I never met a crew member (or a cast member for that matter!) who didn't goof off a lot more than they should. But I'm also curious now, what ARE you writing about Strix??

mini

Comment

Very good points mini.. and if you think about it there are many who work a whole bunch harder. But then as a society we put more emphasis on entertainment than anything else, so it's the vicious circle of human nature at the end of the day.

I admire anyone who goes to work every day for 10 years giving 1000% regardless of what's going on... and we all know who I'm talkin about

mini
                          sigpic

Comment

Well, I hope they have fun on set!

I'm writing a manual currently entitled "Emergency Response to Terrorist Attacks." I work for an organization that produces training materials for the fire service (and now, law enforcement personnel who respond to hazardous materials incidents and terrorist attacks).
                            Last edited by Strix varia; 12 January 2006, 07:54 PM.

My LJ

Comment

Hi giggles ... Strix's real-life occupation does deal with "homeworld security" - perhaps she's hanging out with Jack!

I'll let her answer you though. This is why the woman writes such brilliant Samfic ... she has some great data to work from.

Good to see you back!

Comment

Well, I hope they have fun on set!

I'm writing a manual currently entitled "Emergency Response to Terrorist Attacks." I work for an organization that produces training materials for the fire service (and now, law enforcement personnel who respond to hazardous materials incidents and terrorist attacks).
                                Wow. That's really amazing. The Hazmat Learning System, they should get you to advise for Stargate. Is there a section in there on how to put air-conditioning in those suits? I betcha that would be very useful thing to patent!

Comment

Working...
                                X